Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2022, 09:13 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it honestly sounds more like a brandon quote....
brandon DID say poor kids are just as smart as white kids. and that was fine.

I googled what pete claims she said, didn’t see anything. As TDF said, i think he’s just literally making it up as he goes along now.
Old 10-09-2022, 05:00 PM   #32
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
brandon DID say poor kids are just as smart as white kids. and that was fine.

I googled what pete claims she said, didn’t see anything. As TDF said, i think he’s just literally making it up as he goes along now.

Your amazing you claim someone (possibly) tried to run over his wife

Even with police stating They found no evidence that Warnock ran over his estranged wife’s foot with his car

But your so honest and truthful . You suggest hes a lunatic based on a lie?

So, the truth is, Walker did hold a gun to his wife’s head several times (and a knife to her throat) and tried to choke her. But it was over 15 years ago,

Yet you don’t call him a lunatic ?

Then demand a source for what’s clearly sarcasm or hyperbole about Greene

You have odd choices In the conservative you go to bat for .

FYI
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Your amazing you claim someone (possibly) tried to run over his wife

Even with police stating They found no evidence that Warnock ran over his estranged wife’s foot with his car

But your so honest and truthful . You suggest hes a lunatic based on a lie?

So, the truth is, Walker did hold a gun to his wife’s head several times (and a knife to her throat) and tried to choke her. But it was over 15 years ago,

Yet you don’t call him a lunatic ?

Then demand a source for what’s clearly sarcasm or hyperbole about Greene

You have odd choices In the conservative you go to bat for .

FYI
f walker did. in fact do that, why isn’t he in prison?

sarcasm or hyperbole about greene? the lunatic put it in quotes. but it’s ok when democrats make stuff up. you do it because you know the truth doesn’t serve your narrative.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is an absolute nut job, that’s not good enough for pete,,his deranged obsession compels him to make stuff up out of thin air. You can’t bring yourself to call him on it, and when i do, guy say the flaw is mine

makes sense. stick with that.
Old 10-10-2022, 05:29 AM   #34
scottw

Quote:

sarcasm or hyperbole about greene? the lunatic put it in quotes.
he doesn't know what quotes are
Old 10-10-2022, 07:01 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

The worst part about this quote is that you truly can't tell if it's satire without researching.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:18 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene doubles down on her claim at the Trump rally that “Democrats are killing Republicans, and it’s the most dangerous thing in this country.”
Old 10-10-2022, 07:36 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The worst part about this quote is that you truly can't tell if it's satire without researching.
this is because nobody knows who she is.....
Old 10-10-2022, 10:35 AM   #38
PaulS

Quote:
this is because nobody knows who she is.....
If you would spend 1/2 reading articles instead of being a snarky troll you might learn something:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Marjorie Taylor Greene took her seat directly behind Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy, a proximity to power for the firebrand congresswoman that did not go unnoticed, as he unveiled the House GOP's midterm election agenda in Pennsylvania.

Days later, she appeared on stage warming up the crowd for Donald Trump, when the former president rallied voters in Michigan to cast ballots for Republicans, including for control of Congress.

Once shunned as a political pariah for her extremist rhetoric, the Georgia congresswoman who spent her first term in the House stripped of institutional power by Democrats is being celebrated by Republicans and welcomed into the GOP fold. If Republicans win the House majority in the November election, Greene is poised to become an influential player shaping the GOP agenda, an agitator with clout.

“No. 1, we need to impeach Joe Biden. No. 2, We need to impeach Secretary Mayorkas. And No. 3, we should impeach Merrick Garland,” Greene told The Associated Press outside the U.S. Capitol. Alejandro Mayorkas is the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and Garland the attorney general.

Scolding the media for having been “wrong about me" from the start, she said those who know better “take me very seriously.”

“I’m going to be a strong legislator and I’ll be a very involved member of Congress,” she predicted. “I know how to work inside, and I know how to work outside. And I’m looking forward to doing that.”

This is the outlook for the Republican Party in the Trump era, the normalizing of once fringe figures into the highest ranks of political power. It’s a sign of the GOP’s rightward drift that Greene’s association with extremists and nationalists, violent rhetoric and remarks about Jewish people have found a home in elected office. Her ascent brings into focus the challenge ahead for McCarthy, whose GOP ranks are filling with far-right political stars with the potential to play an oversized role in setting the policies, priorities and tone of the new Congress.

“I’ve said for a long time there’s a battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party,” said Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, the No. 2 Democrat in the House, at a briefing ahead of the midterm elections.

When the congresswoman says outlandish things — as she did at the Trump rally earlier this month claiming "Democrats want Republicans dead, and they've already started the killings" — few Republican leaders dare a public or private rebuke of such incendiary language. In this case, she was exaggerating two local incidents involving politics, one that ended tragically in a fatality.

Greene’s political currency stretches beyond her massive social media following and her ability to rake in sizable sums from donors. Her proximity to Trump makes her a force that cannot be ignored by what's left of her mainstream GOP colleagues.

McCarthy’s allowance for Greene to sit front and center with leadership for the campaign rollout was not by accident but design. The Republican lawmakers in attendance celebrated her presence, calling it a sign of the GOP’s “big tent” that welcomes all comers. But Greene's arrival also signaled a stark normalizing of the most extreme elements in the Republican Party.

Longtime political strategist Rick Wilson, a former Republican who left the party in the Trump era, calls Greene’s brand of politics “government by trolling” that marks a dangerous new era for the GOP and will make it difficult to govern. McCarthy is in line to become House speaker if Republicans regain the majority.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:54 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
the worst part is that you got caught lying red handed, humiliated. She’s a lunatic pete, i agree with you. you don’t need to lie about her, the truth will suffice.
Old 10-10-2022, 10:56 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
If you would spend 1/2 reading articles instead of being a snarky troll you might learn something:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Marjorie Taylor Greene took her seat directly behind Republican House leader Kevin McCarthy, a proximity to power for the firebrand congresswoman that did not go unnoticed, as he unveiled the House GOP's midterm election agenda in Pennsylvania.

Days later, she appeared on stage warming up the crowd for Donald Trump, when the former president rallied voters in Michigan to cast ballots for Republicans, including for control of Congress.

Once shunned as a political pariah for her extremist rhetoric, the Georgia congresswoman who spent her first term in the House stripped of institutional power by Democrats is being celebrated by Republicans and welcomed into the GOP fold. If Republicans win the House majority in the November election, Greene is poised to become an influential player shaping the GOP agenda, an agitator with clout.

“No. 1, we need to impeach Joe Biden. No. 2, We need to impeach Secretary Mayorkas. And No. 3, we should impeach Merrick Garland,” Greene told The Associated Press outside the U.S. Capitol. Alejandro Mayorkas is the secretary of the Department of Homeland Security and Garland the attorney general.

Scolding the media for having been “wrong about me" from the start, she said those who know better “take me very seriously.”

“I’m going to be a strong legislator and I’ll be a very involved member of Congress,” she predicted. “I know how to work inside, and I know how to work outside. And I’m looking forward to doing that.”

This is the outlook for the Republican Party in the Trump era, the normalizing of once fringe figures into the highest ranks of political power. It’s a sign of the GOP’s rightward drift that Greene’s association with extremists and nationalists, violent rhetoric and remarks about Jewish people have found a home in elected office. Her ascent brings into focus the challenge ahead for McCarthy, whose GOP ranks are filling with far-right political stars with the potential to play an oversized role in setting the policies, priorities and tone of the new Congress.

“I’ve said for a long time there’s a battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party,” said Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, the No. 2 Democrat in the House, at a briefing ahead of the midterm elections.

When the congresswoman says outlandish things — as she did at the Trump rally earlier this month claiming "Democrats want Republicans dead, and they've already started the killings" — few Republican leaders dare a public or private rebuke of such incendiary language. In this case, she was exaggerating two local incidents involving politics, one that ended tragically in a fatality.

Greene’s political currency stretches beyond her massive social media following and her ability to rake in sizable sums from donors. Her proximity to Trump makes her a force that cannot be ignored by what's left of her mainstream GOP colleagues.

McCarthy’s allowance for Greene to sit front and center with leadership for the campaign rollout was not by accident but design. The Republican lawmakers in attendance celebrated her presence, calling it a sign of the GOP’s “big tent” that welcomes all comers. But Greene's arrival also signaled a stark normalizing of the most extreme elements in the Republican Party.

Longtime political strategist Rick Wilson, a former Republican who left the party in the Trump era, calls Greene’s brand of politics “government by trolling” that marks a dangerous new era for the GOP and will make it difficult to govern. McCarthy is in line to become House speaker if Republicans regain the majority.
if they take the house the gop should absolutely impeach biden. what’s good for the goose…i have. i use for greene but i agree biden and garland should be impeached.
Old 10-10-2022, 11:21 AM   #41
wdmso

[QUOTE=Jim in CT;1233597]f walker did. in fact do that, why isn’t he in prison?

Omg you hate being called out on your nonsense

Where was this logic
when you claimed Raphael ran over his wife..

FYI most women who are victims of domestic violence don’t press charges
Old 10-10-2022, 11:24 AM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
if they take the house the gop should absolutely impeach biden. what’s good for the goose…i have. i use for greene but i agree biden and garland should be impeached.
To bad this isn’t sarcasm or hyperbole

Is it Jim

But your not in the cult lol
Old 10-10-2022, 11:50 AM   #43
scottw

Quote:

snarky troll

I can't believe you said this
Old 10-10-2022, 12:18 PM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
To bad this isn’t sarcasm or hyperbole

Is it Jim

But your not in the cult lol
before trumps first day, the democrats decided they were going to impeach him. but that was ok.

and calling parents domestic terrorists for speaking at school board meetings is not what the DOJ should be doing.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #45
PaulS

Quote:
On what grounds?
Old 10-10-2022, 12:24 PM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
I can't believe you said this
I pointed out how you were 100% wrong about Greene.

Snarky troll - Isn't that what you are?

Do you ever comment on the thread? You usually just insult the person you respond to.

Sad.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:31 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:

Do you ever comment on the thread? .
yes....
Old 10-10-2022, 12:57 PM   #48
scottw

Quote:

You usually just insult the person you respond to.
never to the degree that you do...you should hold yourself to higher standards
Old 10-10-2022, 01:48 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
On what grounds?
on the grounds that if it’s ok for democrats to begin impeachment solely because they hate the president ( they were calling for impeachment before they had reason, but they never stopped looking), that the republicans can do the same thing.

what might we find if we investigate the bidens as completely as we’ve investigated trump? Maybe we’ll see.
Old 10-10-2022, 01:50 PM   #50
Jim in CT

Quote:
On what grounds?
and garland on the grounds that it’s not terrorism for parents to speak up at school board meetings.
Old 10-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #51
PaulS

Quote:
and garland on the grounds that it’s not terrorism for parents to speak up at school board meetings.
So bc he hurt someone's feelings?
Old 10-10-2022, 02:52 PM   #52
PaulS

Quote:

what might we find if we investigate the bidens as completely as we’ve investigated trump? Maybe we’ll see.
By Bidens do you mean cousins, children, in laws, etc?
Old 10-10-2022, 02:58 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
So bc he hurt someone's feelings?
trying to flag people as domestic terrorists for speaking at school board meetings is “hurting their feelings”. ok. stuck with that.

paul, democrats do these things, overstep like this, when they’re in power, forgetting that things change. Then when the gop reciprocates, the democrats start clutching their pearls and fainting.

the best way to make sure the opposing teams pitcher isn’t headhunting, is to tell your pitcher to plunk someone himself.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:03 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
By Bidens do you mean cousins, children, in laws, etc?
Joe, Hunter, Whoever got rich by selling influence, lying about it ( “ i never once spoke to my son about his business dealings”), or otherwise broke the law. Let’s investigate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,,for 2 years if the gop takes the house. Let’s pay republicans to write up bullsh*t opposition research and use that to get FISA warrants on Biden insiders, and see what’s that turns up. Or is there some law that says only the left can do that?
Old 10-10-2022, 03:12 PM   #55
PaulS

Quote:
Joe, Hunter, Whoever got rich by selling influence, lying about it ( “ i never once spoke to my son about his business dealings”), or otherwise broke the law. Let’s investigate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week,,for 2 years if the gop takes the house. Let’s pay republicans to write up bullsh*t opposition research and use that to get FISA warrants on Biden insiders, and see what’s that turns up. Or is there some law that says only the left can do that?
I've said this about you before that you have to be careful that you don't bc who you hate.

Maybe Durham can do it as he has a lot of time on his hands now that his investigation has fizzled out w/nothing to show for it. Maybe he can get back his reputation.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:40 PM   #56
wdmso

Quote:
before

and calling parents domestic terrorists for speaking at school board meetings is not what the DOJ should be doing.
Jim once again posting untruthful stories

Only republicans said the memo called parents domestic terrorists the memo doesn’t exist

In 2021, Garland released a memo addressing the “disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence” levied at schools. The memo sparked months of backlash and false claims that the attorney general believed parents who were concerned about education policy were “domestic terrorists.”

Federal Judge Dabney Friedrich, an appointee of former President Donald Trump, ruled that the memo did little more than announce a “series of measures” that directed federal authorities to address increasing threats targeting school board members, teachers and other school employees.

“The alleged AG Policy is not regulatory, proscriptive, or compulsory in nature because it does not impose any regulations, requirements, or enforcement actions on individuals,”

Jim you repeatedly post lie after lie your a true Maga republican
Old 10-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #57
PaulS

Quote:

Well in Jim's defense he didn't say the Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:43 PM   #58
wdmso

Quote:
on the grounds that if it’s ok for democrats to begin impeachment solely because they hate the president ( they were calling for impeachment before they had reason, but they never stopped looking), that the republicans can do the same thing.

solely because they hate the president

That’s a cult members response if there ever was one .
Old 10-10-2022, 03:52 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
solely because they hate the president

That’s a cult members response if there ever was one .
when Rashida Talib said to “impeach the motherfu—er”, she had no idea if he’d done anything wrong, but she hated him, and that was enough.

you forgot the russian hoax? the failed income tax hoax? all
that crap?

let’s just put the bidens under the same
exact scrutiny. why is that unfair?

If the gop takes the house, they call those shots.
Old 10-10-2022, 03:56 PM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim once again posting untruthful stories

Only republicans said the memo called parents domestic terrorists the memo doesn’t exist

In 2021, Garland released a memo addressing the “disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence” levied at schools. The memo sparked months of backlash and false claims that the attorney general believed parents who were concerned about education policy were “domestic terrorists.”

Federal Judge Dabney Friedrich, an appointee of former President Donald Trump, ruled that the memo did little more than announce a “series of measures” that directed federal authorities to address increasing threats targeting school board members, teachers and other school employees.

“The alleged AG Policy is not regulatory, proscriptive, or compulsory in nature because it does not impose any regulations, requirements, or enforcement actions on individuals,”

and when Garland was asked about examples of
violence against school boards by those parents ,,he drew a blank. and it probably cost democrats the. VA governors race.

Teachers work for parents. That’s how it works. Parents pay the bills. If you don’t want parents to have a say, that’s simple, stop confiscating their pay.