Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Al Sharpton to meet with Obama over Ferguson

Unless this was just a set-up to get Sharpton there so that the IRS can arrest him for owing almost $5 million in federal income tax, WTF is this lying, hateful pig doing at the White House?

Spence?

This is what you get when we somehow elect a guy whose wife was never proud of the country until he got the nomination, whose spiritual mentor is a deranged racist lunatic who hates this country, and whose political mentor, Bill Ayers, is also a deranged lunatic who hates this country.

Boy, are we gonna have some splainin' to do. My kids will ask me, you elected Obama to WHAT?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-Ferguson.html
Old 12-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
buckman

I can't believe this . It has to be a hoax or this president has reached a new low, even for him. I can't imagine a way that his credibility can get any worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 12-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8714779952461-1.jpeg
Views:	564
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	60127  
Old 12-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
CTSurfrat

At this point I just shake my head in disgust. Nothing he does surprises me-this isn't the first time he's been to the WH.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSurfrat View Post
At this point I just shake my head in disgust. Nothing he does surprises me-this isn't the first time he's been to the WH.

He is an ADVISER to the president. This actually make sense, bear with me for a moment. I think it could just be that Al Sharpton is advising President Obama on his Foreign Policy. Think about it.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 12-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #6
Raven

i bite my tongue
Old 12-02-2014, 09:52 AM   #7
spence

Like it or not the Rev is a prominent figure on race issues. Sure, he's an instigator but a lot of people share his perspective. The point of the meeting was to get a variety of opinions and viewpoints.

Can't say I'm a big fan but I do miss the track suits.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #8
Nebe

This an important figure because he perpetuates the problem.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #9
Raven

i become ILL just reading the title of this post
Old 12-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Like it or not the Rev is a prominent figure on race issues. Sure, he's an instigator but a lot of people share his perspective. The point of the meeting was to get a variety of opinions and viewpoints.

Jesus, you really are s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g down that Kool Aid.

Spence, Sharpton makes a living (a tax-free living, so it appears) peddling in nothing but hate and divisiveness. He's an idiot who has absolutely notihng to offer. And he's only "prominent" because people like you are too afraid, because he's black, to tell him to STFU. He enjoys inciting riots, violent riots. He has literally gone all-in on racial hatred, without it, he is nothing.

He also has a show on MSLSD called "Politics Nation". I will say it again, his show is called "Politics Nation". I never knew the word "politics" was an adjective.

"The point of the meeting was to get a variety of opinions "

Oh, I see. So previous to the meeting, Obama had no way of knowing what Sharpton's "opinion" would be? Sharpton really keeps his cards close to his chest, so there's no ay of knowing how he feels about, for example, the Ferguson situation, unless you ask him? That's what you're telling me? Our President and his staff, could not possibly venture aguess about what Rev Al thought about Ferguson, without bringing him in for a photo op? Sharpton is the exact opposit if what Martin Luther King wanted...the exact, polar opposite.

"a lot of people share his perspective"

The vast, vast majority of Americans categorically reject his perspective. His perspective is shared by a miniscule number of loud mouth bomb-throwing Mao-ists, a group that El Duce needs to keep agitated going into 2016.

Someday my kids will ask me..."no, seriously...who did you elect president in 2008 and 2012? I'm impressed that all the history books are in on the gag, but I know you were putting me on with that Chicago radical who had done exactly nothing to show he was capable of the most imprtant job in the world. So who did you really elect?"

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-02-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 12-02-2014, 11:35 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
i become ILL just reading the title of this post
It is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE that this guy, this guy of all guys, can get an audience with Obama whenever he wants. It tells you everything you need to know about Obama, that he would bow down and kiss the ring, of Al Sharpton, for political capital.

Al Sharpton can call the Oval Office, and say "I'm coming to peddle my hate for the cameras, so expect me at noon", and when he shows up at the Whoite House, instead of getting tasered in the genitals like he deserves, he gets welcomed into the Presidsent's inner circle.

Our President is listening to what Al Sharpton, he of the putrid Tiwanna Brawley lies, has to say. Obama won't listen to Newt Gingrich, but he'll listen to Al Sharpton. Sharpton also owes $5M in federal income taxes. A racist, hatemongering, lying, putrid, disgusting tax-cheat parasite, one of the worst people in the country.
Old 12-02-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
He is an ADVISER to the president. This actually make sense, bear with me for a moment. I think it could just be that Al Sharpton is advising President Obama on his Foreign Policy. Think about it.
When Obama nukes Norway and Denmark, the whitest places on the planet, I'll believe Sharpton is in charge of foreign policy...
Old 12-02-2014, 12:53 PM   #13
Fly Rod

I am very surprised that Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers were not invited.

Some may not have heard of another shooting in Ferguson...have U heard about it?....most of course not...where is Obama, Holder, Sharpton on this....20 year old shot dead while sitting in car and burned minding his own business....maybe because it may have been a B on B....where were these same people when Australian jogger Chris Lane was gunned down in Oklahoma because these thugs were bored....it was racial....Australia was in a up roar.

Y do so many people want to have an innocent man Mr. Wilson put in jail?....Completely protecting himself.....Brown commited at leat to crimes...1. robbed a store.... 2. attacked a cop....and there is no knowlege of his past....maybe this was another child that if obama had a boy he would want him to be like Brown.

Is this what this country has come to wanting to put an innocent person behind bars?...The people that should be in jail R the looters and those that burned establishments.

Michael Brown may have been a kid(child) in his parents eyes but he was 18....we R all children of somebody regardless of age......at 18 U R considered an adult.

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 12-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #14
buckman

Quote:
The point of the meeting was to get a variety of opinions and viewpoints.

As long as it fits Obama's agenda. Divide ,divide , divide
So much hate built up in such little time.... I can't remember a race divide this wide .
Old 12-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #15
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

Maybe Barry wanted to tell him to PAY HIS TAXES HE OWES !!!
Old 12-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Its all about the Photo Op.....

The guys a Super Douche-bag as far as I'm concerned....but they all do it

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-02-2014, 02:32 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
I am very surprised that Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, Rev. Wright and Bill Ayers were not invited.

Some may not have heard of another shooting in Ferguson...have U heard about it?....most of course not...where is Obama, Holder, Sharpton on this....20 year old shot dead while sitting in car and burned minding his own business....maybe because it may have been a B on B....where were these same people when Australian jogger Chris Lane was gunned down in Oklahoma because these thugs were bored....it was racial....Australia was in a up roar.

Y do so many people want to have an innocent man Mr. Wilson put in jail?....Completely protecting himself.....Brown commited at leat to crimes...1. robbed a store.... 2. attacked a cop....and there is no knowlege of his past....maybe this was another child that if obama had a boy he would want him to be like Brown.

Is this what this country has come to wanting to put an innocent person behind bars?...The people that should be in jail R the looters and those that burned establishments.

Michael Brown may have been a kid(child) in his parents eyes but he was 18....we R all children of somebody regardless of age......at 18 U R considered an adult.
"Y do so many people want to have an innocent man Mr. Wilson put in jail?...."

Here's why...and it gets to the very core of liberalism. If the liberals don't demand that the white cop be jailed, that means they concede that the black teen was somehow RESPONSIBLE for the awful outcome. Liberals will do anything possible to avoid implying that blacks are RESPONSIBLE for anything bad that happens to them. Blacks have been anointed with "victim" status by liberals, and having been so anointed, it's not possible for anything bad that happens to be their own fault.

The fact that 70% of black childen are born out of wedlock is never relevant. It's always the fault of the whitey cop. Always.

Gotta hand it to liberals. They want to get 100% of the black vote, yet they don't want to provide blacks with any upward economic mobility. I would have thought it would be impossible to get 100% of the votes from a culture that you are simultaneously destroying, but the liberals, by gadfry, have done it. Amazing.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Its all about the Photo Op.....

The guys a Super Douche-bag as far as I'm concerned....but they all do it
The one with Bush is very disappointing to me...but not suprising.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #19
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Supposedly he met with Reagan too....just didn't find a pic. Its just photo posturing.....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #20
Liv2Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
The one with Bush is very disappointing to me...but not suprising.
The bottom pic looks like Bill is describing to Al what crazy #^&#^&#^&#^& he was able to get Monica to do. Al's forehead is pulled back in amazement and he's about to say "you da man"

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Old 12-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #21
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2Fish View Post
The bottom pic looks like Bill is describing to Al what crazy #^&#^&#^&#^& he was able to get Monica to do. Al's forehead is pulled back in amazement and he's about to say "you da man"
Good freak n lauaugh! 😊
Old 12-02-2014, 06:44 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Rod View Post
I don't think the issue is "throw Wilson in jail" as much as it is "can't we get a fair process."

Walk in their shoes...

You're living in a poor black community and don't have reason to believe the white police are on your side. Your son is set to go to college on Monday and he's killed by the police for what looks to be jaywalking. The investigation is so sloppy it's almost comical and the local PD doesn't even bother to file a police report. Hell, one of the biggest issues, how far he walked before the kill shot wasn't even documented well because the batteries ran out on the camera.

They further try to defame your kids character by leaking video that appears to show him committing theft in an attempt at spin control. The photos of Wilson's wounds show almost nothing. They form a mostly white grand jury and assign a local prosecutor with ties to the department who fails to indict and then goes on TV and takes 20+ minutes to "defend" the officer's actions and characterize your kid as a demon.

Wilson certainly may have been justified in his actions but there's a lot of grey area with this case. I don't blame some for having deep suspicion as to the local PD covering up an abuse of authority.

That doesn't justify criminal protest certainly, but it does highlight how this case has tapped into a much bigger issue.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #23
Piscator

This guy gets it,

http://youtu.be/r7ayUYvTrVg
Old 12-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
I don't think the issue is "throw Wilson in jail" as much as it is "can't we get a fair process."

But if the "process" was "fair", which it was, and if there are only the two choices you pose, then "the" issue IS "throw Wilson in jail."

Walk in their shoes...

But there are so many different shoes to walk in. Some of the members of the "community" which witnessed the events corroborated Wilson's version of what happened. Some, who supposedly did see it, gave accounts contrary to Wilson's, but did not fit the evidence, some ludicrously impossible. Most of the members of the "community" did not witness what happened, so walked in shoes given to them to fit a narrative which, intentionally or not, would incite them. A narrative which, again, did not fit the evidence, so could rationally be perceived to be intentionally misleading. There are Wilson's shoes to walk in. But, of course, those shoes would just be another walk in the daily work of police officers, some of which end up in the , mostly, justified death of a criminal (or the unjustified death of a policeman). But that would just be a boring, though unfortunate occurrence not worthy of weeks of headline news, nor would it be a crisis which should not be allowed to go to waste. And so many other "shoes" including political ones. But that would be another long story. But, most likely, the real story.

You're living in a poor black community and don't have reason to believe the white police are on your side.

That pretty much sounds like spoon fed preconceived prejudice of blacks against whites. Spoon fed by racists who want to keep that "reason" alive. And it somehow gets inflamed when a white cop (but not a black one) opposes a black criminal in the "community"--even though that should be an apparent "reason" to believe the white police "are on your side."

Your son is set to go to college on Monday and he's killed by the police for what looks to be jaywalking.

Isn't that the reason why conclusions shouldn't be jumped to? Never mind that a white cop in this day and age, in a community where he is surrounded by black witnesses, decides he will kill a black guy for jaywalking is almost as ludicrous as the contradictory "witness" testimony which didn't fit, to put it mildly, the evidence. Killed for "what looks to be jaywalking" is an after the event concoction made to fit a narrative. A rational, objective, reaction to what so quickly went down would be to wonder what was going on. Personal, preconceived prejudices, on the other hand, would immediately come to conclusions which fueled their hate. That is more part of the "real issue" or bigger picture in Ferguson.

The investigation is so sloppy it's almost comical and the local PD doesn't even bother to file a police report. Hell, one of the biggest issues, how far he walked before the kill shot wasn't even documented well because the batteries ran out on the camera.

Ah . . . the sloppy investigation syndrome. whenever you got little to nothing, go to the sloppy investigation. Was there ever a perfect one? Have they yet convinced everybody that that Oswald alone actually did kill Kennedy? Or that the Twin Towers were actually brought down by the airplanes?

Didn't Brown's blood trail from the wound he suffered during the scuffle in the car determine how far he walked away and back?

They further try to defame your kids character by leaking video that appears to show him committing theft in an attempt at spin control.

Wow, trying to defame his character by showing him actually robbing and assaulting! Tsk, tsk, not nice. Robbing and assaulting are not to be judged as negative characteristics in certain "communities." And "leaking" truthful evidence is far more detrimental to a jury decision than brazenly concocting a false white on black narrative. No, no, fictional white on black stuff--good. Truthful evidence--bad.

The photos of Wilson's wounds show almost nothing.

But the medical examination showed quite a bit.

They form a mostly white grand jury and assign a local prosecutor with ties to the department

Who are "They"? Aren't local prosecutors supposed to handle local crimes? And don't they all have ties to the department? And the racial makeup of the grand jury was very close to that of its district. Oh, wait . . . Messers Sharpton, Obama, Holder, et al, made it a national issue, so . . . of course . . . there should be some more national, most likey federal, prosecutor assigned by "They." After all, it was white on black. That automatically elevates it to a federal crime. No doubt that would have been a "fairer" investigation by a justice department looking for an "issue" which could simultaneously serve as a wag-the-dog distraction and a proof to the black base that it really cared about them so that their votes would remain secure.

who fails to indict and then goes on TV and takes 20+ minutes to "defend" the officer's actions and characterize your kid as a demon.

I like that wording--"fails to indict". Like it was a failure to do what he was supposed to do. Like the automatic assumption that the prosecutor was supposed to skip the grand jury "process" and indict because the "community" (at least the protesting part which included a lot of outsiders) wanted it.

Wilson certainly may have been justified in his actions but there's a lot of grey area with this case. I don't blame some for having deep suspicion as to the local PD covering up an abuse of authority.

Perhaps you should, if it mattered to the world or the "community, blame something other than the, as you might put it, tired old train of white prejudice creating poor black neighborhoods and motivating white cops to kill black kids. As long as the "issue" remains at that worn out, skin deep, level it will continue to go on and explode into intermittent riots and mayhem. And, by the way, it will continue to foster the hushed up reverse of black on white crime/violence, which occurs in far, far greater proportion than white on black. And none of the above is good. So we should begin walking in some other shoes.

That doesn't justify criminal protest certainly, but it does highlight how this case has tapped into a much bigger issue.
Well, the unjustified criminal "protest" is certainly a major part of the "bigger issue." But, then, if the "bigger issue" is still framed by the old white privilege, white racism, narrative with the lack of black culpability, then this supposed bigger issue will continue, . . . and will continue to be used as a divisive tool to grab the power needed to transform this nation into something quite other than what it still is, and was meant to be.

Last edited by detbuch; 12-02-2014 at 10:49 PM..
Old 12-03-2014, 05:54 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Supposedly he met with Reagan too....just didn't find a pic. Its just photo posturing.....
"photo posturing" or bumping into one of these guys at an event and getting a pic is one thing, having him as an advisor and bringing him to the White House in that capacity at a time of crisis is quite another thing..

if Clinton or Bush had David Duke as an "adviser" and brought him to the White House for counsel during similar situations...well...that might be comparable

and I'm sure we'd read this...

[QUOTE=spence;1057920]Like it or not the David Duke is a prominent figure on race issues. Sure, he's an instigator but a lot of people share his perspective. The point of the meeting was to get a variety of opinions and viewpoints.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:05 AM   #26
scottw

Quote:

Walk in their shoes...

You're living in a poor black community and don't have reason to believe the white police are on your side. Your son is set to go to college on Monday and he's killed by the police for what looks to be jaywalking. The investigation is so sloppy it's almost comical and the local PD doesn't even bother to file a police report. Hell, one of the biggest issues, how far he walked before the kill shot wasn't even documented well because the batteries ran out on the camera.

They further try to defame your kids character by leaking video that appears to show him committing theft in an attempt at spin control. The photos of Wilson's wounds show almost nothing. They form a mostly white grand jury and assign a local prosecutor with ties to the department who fails to indict and then goes on TV and takes 20+ minutes to "defend" the officer's actions and characterize your kid as a demon.

shining example of the progressive tendency to ignore facts and instead construct a narrative that fits a preconceived world view...
Old 12-03-2014, 07:32 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:

Walk in their shoes...

"I don't think the issue is "throw Wilson in jail" as much as it is "can't we get a fair process."

Yet they received a fair process. More than fair, as it's a good bet that the case never should have even gone to a grand jury, but only did so to placate the likes of you.

"don't have reason to believe the white police are on your side"

Do you ever get one right? The white cops put themselves at risk, in awful, stressful situations, and they do so primarily to STOP BLACKS FROM BEING HURT BY OTHER BLACKS. Try making that wrong. The cops aren't on their side? The officer just picked this kid at random and executed him, is that what you believe?

Spence, can you point to data that suggest that kids who summer on Block Island can get away with punching cops in the head and struggling for their gun?

"Your son is set to go to college on Monday and he's killed by the police for what looks to be jaywalking"

That's not the most stupid thing you've ever said (not by a long shot, sadly), but it might be the most dishonest. Spence, did the cop shoot the kid for jaywalking, or did he shoot the kid during a serious physical altercation?

Killed for jaywalking, yep, that's exactly what happened. The kid never did anything worse that jaywalking, never robbed a store and got caught on video, nope.

Spence, is there any reason to believe that this kid would be dead if he (1) didn't rob that store, and (2) obeyed the cop and stopped walking in the middle of the street?

Keep bleating with the sheep, Spence.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:33 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
shining example of the progressive tendency to ignore facts and instead construct a narrative that fits a preconceived world view...
Stupifying...
Old 12-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #29
buckman

Well the important thing here, not to be missed ,is the real problems in the black community will never be addressed in a meeting that includes Pres. Obama.
It is nice to see a lot of respectable black leaders coming out and talking about personal responsibility and family structure but is very disheartening to have the of first black president of the greatest country in the world never mention it.
I hope the police unions realize who has their backs and who has made them the scapegoat for what is wrong in the black community.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #30
spence

I think you're all missing my point. That is a perspective from which many are looking at this situation and in many ways it's a valid perspective. That doesn't mean there are other perspectives or that it's a complete perspective.

To seek justice doesn't mean you necessarily seek a conviction, it means you want the system to work for you. Given how sloppy and careless the process appears to have been I can see why many don't believe justice was done.