Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-27-2020, 08:18 AM   #31
Rmarsh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Freetown MA
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
I suppose but Jeanne's whole family is here and I would have to fight her to leave. Maybe in a couple of years.

I was negotiating to buy 20 acres of prime land... up in NH back in the 70's....to start a homestead.....Bride to be said no way she would ever move that far from her family. She was right
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 12:34 PM   #32
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man
iTrader: (0)
 
piemma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 9,461
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
I was negotiating to buy 20 acres of prime land... up in NH back in the 70's....to start a homestead.....Bride to be said no way she would ever move that far from her family. She was right
...and that's the problem. She won't leave and she's probably right.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 05:01 PM   #33
nightfighter
Seldom Seen
iTrader: (0)
 
nightfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,347
I am just a million dollar scratch ticket away from us doing three months a year in the Hilton Head area...

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #34
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Libtardia
Posts: 21,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I am just a million dollar scratch ticket away from us doing three months a year in the Hilton Head area...
Ha!
My motto is “I started with nothing and have most of it left”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:26 AM   #35
Rmarsh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Freetown MA
Posts: 1,207
Our new home sales remain very steady....last year was a great one for us... the year end bonuses we received reflect that!!
Outlook for the year going forward....very good! Breaking ground on a new subdivision with five houses pre-sold and five others being framed right now in the heart of the city (unusual for us to be building in an urban area).....Ride the bubble! I was actually hoping things would slow down a bit.....we will have a #^&#^&#^&#^& ton of finish work this summer.....my vacation days to go boat fishing will not take a back seat this year dammit.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 12:46 PM   #36
Hookedagain
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Hookedagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset Ma
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmarsh View Post
Our new home sales remain very steady....last year was a great one for us... the year end bonuses we received reflect that!!
Outlook for the year going forward....very good! Breaking ground on a new subdivision with five houses pre-sold and five others being framed right now in the heart of the city (unusual for us to be building in an urban area).....Ride the bubble! I was actually hoping things would slow down a bit.....we will have a #^&#^&#^&#^& ton of finish work this summer.....my vacation days to go boat fishing will not take a back seat this year dammit.
Are these in the heart of Fall River? Where are they going up in the city? Didn't think there was a piece of land left big enough to stuff 10 houses in.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #37
Rmarsh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Freetown MA
Posts: 1,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookedagain View Post
Are these in the heart of Fall River? Where are they going up in the city? Didn't think there was a piece of land left big enough to stuff 10 houses in.
Only five going up in fall river....these are going to be economical no frills ...back yard borders on a park
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:25 AM   #38
Rmarsh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Freetown MA
Posts: 1,207
Hooked....maybe not exactly the heart of the city.....corner of Stafford Rd. and Chicago St...abutting Maplewood Park ... the other five pre-sold homes are going up in rural part of Dartmouth.
Most important function that keeps our home building operation going is land acquisition.......and we are really good at it.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 09:28 AM   #39
Hookedagain
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Hookedagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset Ma
Posts: 1,478
I know exactly where that is, in fact I tried to buy that piece of land off the Diocese of Fall River when we were building our outdoor Ball Hockey rink. We almost had it but they were being greedy. (We built it at the YMCA in Swansea) Thats right down the street from the fire station I'm at, go by there often...Ill blow the horn next time I go by.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 01:58 PM   #40
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,953
Happy Birthday Spud!
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #41
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,416
Spud, that refrigerator still running?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 05:50 PM   #42
Hookedagain
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Hookedagain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset Ma
Posts: 1,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
Happy Birthday Spud!
Thanks Bruce!

Jeff it died the week of Thanksgiving! Not a bad run for a few hundred bucks.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com