Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-05-2020, 03:41 AM   #1
RickBomba

Yo Semites

IDK if he was speaking about inner city Jews, or what.

Freaking Cofeve....go back and play some golf and be quiet for the next 87 days, and then we can forget about you again.

#forever

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-05-2020, 01:39 PM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
IDK if he was speaking about inner city Jews, or what.

Freaking Cofeve....go back and play some golf and be quiet for the next 87 days, and then we can forget about you again.

#forever
Was listening to Jimmy Fallon skit on the Axios interview while heading home today and while that was funny, when he switched to other news and played Trump trying to pronounce that, i couldn’t believe my ears. I guess because he can’t sell off the rights to loggers in an existing national park, he really had never paid attention to it. You could line up 100 3rd graders and not one would butcher it like he did. Not sure there is room on the Trump mispronunciations hit parade, but they need to put that one at the head of the class.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:20 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Was listening to Jimmy Fallon skit on the Axios interview while heading home today and while that was funny, when he switched to other news and played Trump trying to pronounce that, i couldn’t believe my ears. I guess because he can’t sell off the rights to loggers in an existing national park, he really had never paid attention to it. You could line up 100 3rd graders and not one would butcher it like he did. Not sure there is room on the Trump mispronunciations hit parade, but they need to put that one at the head of the class.
Said the rat who can’t figure out spellcheck.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 08-06-2020, 06:39 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Oh trust me I can use it, but I was under the impression MOST on this board were smart enough to catch the meaning, I don’t proof read every post like it’s tragic if spell check thought I meant there as opposed to their.

Hey I see your best president of our lifetime had Twitter and Facebook pull down his latest video spreading false a Trump knows it all medical information. He is desperate to get our kids back to school full time and it matters not if those kids bring it home to sicken or kill more, he needs a win soon. If he were a leader, we would have had this more under control with a national response, responsible national messaging and yet he has plenty of time for golf. Wait for the colder weather and people are back inside, mix in regular flu and it’s not going to get better.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:01 AM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Statistics 101, UMass 1976; Day one. The professor's statement that sticks with me to this very day; "You can make any point you want with statistics, using the same data...."

Does anyone really believe there is a single school district in America that is prepared and safe to return to the classroom?

Rats and spellcheck have no bearing on this website... see Clammer if you really need further explanation. Name calling? Nah...

First week of August 2021, I think we are still working to get our "normal" back... Someone said they thought we were now just in the top of the fourth inning... I concur.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:25 AM   #6
wdmso

But he has lots of flip flops with everything but covid.

Whether you call it Vote by Mail or Absentee Voting, in Florida the election system is Safe and Secure, Tried and True," Trump tweeted

And people actually suggest there is no mixed messaging from Trump
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 08-06-2020, 07:26 AM   #7
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Statistics 101, UMass 1976; Day one. The professor's statement that sticks with me to this very day; "You can make any point you want with statistics, using the same data...."

Does anyone really believe there is a single school district in America that is prepared and safe to return to the classroom?

Rats and spellcheck have no bearing on this website... see Clammer if you really need further explanation. Name calling? Nah...

First week of August 2021, I think we are still working to get our "normal" back... Someone said they thought we were now just in the top of the fourth inning... I concur.
I agree 100% Ross
Old 08-06-2020, 08:27 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
I think our school district has a pretty good plan, the bigger problem is spread in the community in general. Great planning will only work if people mask up and socially distance all around.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think our school district has a pretty good plan,
You must still believe in the Tooth Fairy too then, Jeff. If your district has a plan which involves putting the kids back in the classroom, it is flawed IMO.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:30 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
You must still believe in the Tooth Fairy too then, Jeff. If your district has a plan which involves putting the kids back in the classroom, it is flawed IMO.
I didn't say it was going to work, just that I think it's a good plan. Problem is there's just too much covid out there and people who don't think about others for it to have a good chance of working.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #11
RickBomba

Quote:
I didn't say it was going to work, just that I think it's a good plan. Problem is there's just too much covid out there and people who don't think about others for it to have a good chance of working.
And careful what you wish for, cause JackBomba goes to a bilingual academy, where I am the foreign speaking parent.

I think Waltham is going to let them go to school on Tuesday and Thursday, and then I get to participate as a community leader in schooling Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

What a crock of #^&#^&#^&#^&! I have a promising software career to get back to.

I’d love to spend the rest of my life helping the next generation, but that #^&#^&#^&#^& better start paying better, or I need a real Karen!

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 08-07-2020, 06:15 AM   #12
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Quote:
I didn't say it was going to work, just that I think it's a good plan.
What?!?!? This statement totally defies logic.

Old 08-07-2020, 06:35 AM   #13
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I watched Yo Semite Sam cartoons for years and I still screw it up ; ) . Fortunately those cartoons were not a monolithic block and were diverse, like Latinos.

Schools:

A community with very low spread and high testing could go to school onsite for most.

It all boils down to who is stating it. If Trump says open schools he is trying to kill your kids. If Raimondo says open schools she is doing it with science or something.

Quote:

Spence often defies logic ; )

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 08-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #14
spence

Quote:
It makes perfect sense, the school can’t control all variables.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #15
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Fortunately those cartoons were not a monolithic block and were diverse, like Latinos.

biden shouldn't call people of color "junkies"...that's kinda racist
Old 08-07-2020, 08:44 AM   #16
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Welcome to the political forum.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-07-2020, 02:14 PM   #17
RickBomba

If Trumbo really cared about the US, then he wouldn’t be fatty golfing and fund raising at his course in NJ.

Go
F
Yourself
Fatty
Old 08-07-2020, 02:39 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
If Trumbo really cared about the US, then he wouldn’t be fatty golfing and fund raising at his course in NJ.

Go
F
Yourself
Fatty
But, maybe he's setting an example that we should go about living our life as normally as possible rather than just hiding in the basement like Biden.
Old 08-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #19
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Or just maybe he’d rather golf than govern and this latest campaign attack by Trump I think even shocked his most loyal GOP minions.

This was his rant on Biden. “Take away your guns, destroy your Second Amendment. No religion, no anything. Hurt the Bible. Hurt God. He’s against God. He’s against guns. He’s against energy. Our kind of energy.”
Old 08-07-2020, 03:23 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
But, maybe he's setting an example that we should go about living our life as normally as possible rather than just hiding in the basement like Biden.
if weekend at biden's is actually elected in November, I will watch his state of the union
Old 08-07-2020, 03:27 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Or just maybe he’d rather golf than govern and this latest campaign attack by Trump I think even shocked his most loyal GOP minions.

This was his rant on Biden. “Take away your guns, destroy your Second Amendment. No religion, no anything. Hurt the Bible. Hurt God. He’s against God. He’s against guns. He’s against energy. Our kind of energy.”
shocked and devastated

ps...if you want to bitch at someone because you can't launch your boat in RI ...you need to go to Central Falls, Pawtucket or Providence and yell at them because that's where the covid increases are that are ruining your fun time...let us know how you make out with that
Old 08-08-2020, 02:48 PM   #22
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
shocked and devastated

ps...if you want to bitch at someone because you can't launch your boat in RI ...you need to go to Central Falls, Pawtucket or Providence and yell at them because that's where the covid increases are that are ruining your fun time...let us know how you make out with that
Now Butchie,
I’m going to share an experience with you. Just sharing, no judgement.

I was at RP two weeks ago. We came up off the beach (with masks, like everyone else), and it was around 4:00 PM.

I got to my car and a suburban with Florida plates pulls up. 10 people pile out with the following:

Open Containers (I mean I get it, Florida Man not real smart).

No one in masks.

2 people actually fell down on flat pavement.

That’s why COVID is spreading.

Stay in your own state for your summer vacation. Lord knows I wouldn’t leave MA for any reason at this point.

The great, unwashed masses.

#FloridaSucksPleaseStayRednecks
Old 08-08-2020, 07:39 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Now Butchie,

I was at RP two weeks ago. We came up off the beach (with masks, like everyone else), and it was around 4:00 PM.

I got to my car and a suburban with Florida plates pulls up. 10 people pile out with the following:

No one in masks.

Stay in your own state for your summer vacation. Lord knows I wouldn’t leave MA for any reason at this point.

Ugh . . . yeah you were making a judgment--residents of Florida are great, unwashed masses and they suck. And they are spreading COVID. And your experience proves that.
Old 08-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Ugh . . . yeah you were making a judgment--residents of Florida are great, unwashed masses and they suck. And they are spreading COVID. And your experience proves that.
explains why no one wants to
move to FL. no one.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:20 AM   #25
scottw

Quote:
Now Butchie,

No one in masks.

I don't know who Butchie is, if you were leaving the beach and socially distancing and wearing your mask should be safe right? There are no beaches in the RI communities with the highest numbers and current increase....a few communities account for much more then half of the cases in our state...the spread is there so maybe it's drunk Floridians but I tend to doubt it