Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » DIY - Forum

DIY - Forum Do It Yourself for Non-Fishing Items

Old 12-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Annual Shop upgrade

I have one side of the new miter saw station built.

Then got sidetracked by the better half. But I was being re-directed to what serves as my office in the house, not the shop. Said no more stuff in until I get some stuff out. So out came a crappy built in cabinet, desktop, particle board shelving, and very small hanging closet. Walls are already mudded and be ready for primer tomorrow. Brought in two wood veneer file cabinets to support a cherry desktop I will build and a three foot file cabinet for the business. (Given the Pats game sucked, I don't mind I missed it.)

But back to the shop. Lots to move around and build new, more organized, more storage, more lighting, etc. And then I come across this while taking a coffee break;
http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/shop...pped-workshop/

Jealous? Hell yeah. That boy has some serious coin invested for being a hobbyist... But I got a couple good ideas from it. My miter station is going to be very similar, just lacking all the drawers and cabinetry underneath. No way I could have a 37" flat screen TV in my shop though.....
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #2
iamskippy

I made some upgrades as welk just not that elaborate, i focused more on jigs and accuracy, but still lacking a few peices.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
Linesider82

Nice! Feels good to upgrade and tidy up at the same time. I'm just about ready to make some changes myself, a lot of where I am now is solely based on not knowing much about tools and work working when I started.

Share shop pics as you progress through the project.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Linesider82 is offline   Reply With Quote