Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
wdmso

American Generals Must have TDS

Statement of General (Ret.) Wesley K. Clark, Major General (Ret.) Paul D. Eaton, and Brigadier General (Ret.) Steven M. Anderson on Vote Counting In Florida, Arizona, and Georgia

"We want to be very clear: Taking actions to stop counting votes is not only un-democratic, it is downright un-American.”

“We, the men and women who served under our command, and everyone who served in the Armed Forces swore an oath to protect the Constitution of the United States. Many died, and many were wounded, protecting it, and our sacred right to vote — and see that vote counted.

It is appalling that Trump Republicans in Florida, Arizona and Georgia are fighting to stop accurately counting all the votes, as they lose ground. It dishonors everything our troops have fought for, and died for.

We want to be very clear: Taking actions to stop counting votes is not only un-democratic, it is downright un-American.”

they must be Deep state
Old 10-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
Nebe

“Fake news and a bunch of losers” - Trump
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-30-2020, 08:30 AM   #3
PaulS

They prob. hate America.
Old 10-30-2020, 08:43 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Statement of General (Ret.) Wesley K. Clark, Major General (Ret.) Paul D. Eaton, and Brigadier General (Ret.) Steven M. Anderson on Vote Counting In Florida, Arizona, and Georgia

"We want to be very clear: Taking actions to stop counting votes is not only un-democratic, it is downright un-American.”

“We, the men and women who served under our command, and everyone who served in the Armed Forces swore an oath to protect the Constitution of the United States. Many died, and many were wounded, protecting it, and our sacred right to vote — and see that vote counted.

It is appalling that Trump Republicans in Florida, Arizona and Georgia are fighting to stop accurately counting all the votes, as they lose ground. It dishonors everything our troops have fought for, and died for.

We want to be very clear: Taking actions to stop counting votes is not only un-democratic, it is downright un-American.”

they must be Deep state
this is deep stupid
Old 10-30-2020, 10:11 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is deep stupid
profound as always
Old 10-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #6
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Funny for “all” his has reportedly done for the military, its amazing how many top military view him as dangerous to our national security.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:24 PM   #7
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Funny for “all” his has reportedly done for the military, its amazing how many top military view him as dangerous to our national security.
war mongers upset that they can war monger....I prefer peace
Old 10-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
war mongers upset that they can war monger....I prefer peace
So well thought out that retort, there is a big difference between wanting war and worrying about the president being a security risk that could lead to war or compromising our positions in key bases in the world. I don’t think there is anyone in this country that doesn’t prefer peace.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #9
wdmso

Retired generals being war mongers Lol.

More like they've seen Men like Trump before and have fought against them as Americans. And no the feel they need to protect American from Trump... Sad
Old 10-30-2020, 02:13 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
More like they've seen Men like Trump before and have fought against them as Americans.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-30-2020, 03:20 PM   #11
scottw

Quote:

worrying about the president being a security risk that could lead to war or compromising our positions in key bases in the world. .
you've been saying this for 4 years and you are 0 for 4

still waiting for trump to start ww3....

instead he got 3 nobel peace prize nominations
Old 10-30-2020, 03:28 PM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
you've been saying this for 4 years and you are 0 for 4

still waiting for trump to start ww3....

instead he got 3 nobel peace prize nominations
And he's clearly been less inclined to put US troops at risk than any president in recent memory. That's not debatable. At some point, can he concede that fortunately that scenario didn't play out?

And Biden taking big $$ from China, that's not any kind of threat...
Old 10-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
How many is it? When we only discuss the ones who don't like Trump, and we never ever give credibility to anyone who does like him, then yes in that scenario Trump looks really bad.

But is that an honest way of looking at it?
Old 10-30-2020, 03:32 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please tell me in what way, exactly, Trump is like the leaders we have gone to war against in the last 30 years?

He's like the Taliban? Or Hussein?

That's what you and WDMSO are saying?

Makes all kinds of sense...
Old 10-30-2020, 03:57 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And he's clearly been less inclined to put US troops at risk than any president in recent memory. That's not debatable. At some point, can he concede that fortunately that scenario didn't play out?

And Biden taking big $$ from China, that's not any kind of threat...
You two red hats have to be correct, best economy, best foreign policy, not a racist, never encouraging white supremacy, great on race relations, great handling of Covid, outstanding handling of our boarders and our soldiers afield, I am really concerned now about the polls I think based on your expert assessment Trump is going to win again. The American public must see these positives, they can’t possibly be wrong, again thank you for clarification on his achievements.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:03 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
How many is it? When we only discuss the ones who don't like Trump, and we never ever give credibility to anyone who does like him, then yes in that scenario Trump looks really bad.

But is that an honest way of looking at it?
Why Those 780 Top National Security Leaders Support Biden

https://breakingdefense.com/2020/10/...support-biden/

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-30-2020, 07:41 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Please tell me in what way, exactly, Trump is like the leaders we have gone to war against in the last 30 years?

He's like the Taliban? Or Hussein?

That's what you and WDMSO are saying?

Makes all kinds of sense...
Jim look at history look what men seaking power and men seeking to hold power look like what they say and do to hold that power, in all corners of the globe and if you don't see similarities in Trump his words his action. Your blind , no other president in our history has remotely come close . But just by you using the taliban or Sadam as an example once again you see everything as some how they are the same .

So Trump being only 25% authoritarian is ok?
Old 10-30-2020, 10:12 PM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Good thing we have that pesky little thing called the constitution to keep him in check
Old 10-30-2020, 10:42 PM   #19
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Good thing we have that pesky little thing called the constitution to keep him in check
Do you think he has ever read it? I don’t.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:24 AM   #20
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Do you think he has ever read it? I don’t.
Whether he has read it or not, it still holds him in check. Of course, if the Progressives have their way, they will eliminate the constitutional power to limit government, so then, whoever they choose as President, will not be checked.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:16 AM   #21
scottw

I like this strategy...

Old 10-31-2020, 08:03 AM   #22
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Whether he has read it or not, it still holds him in check. Of course, if the Progressives have their way, they will eliminate the constitutional power to limit government, so then, whoever they choose as President, will not be checked.
Donald Trump issued 194 executive orders between 2017 and 2020. With a republican Senate. He's in check ?
Old 10-31-2020, 08:18 AM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Donald Trump issued 194 executive orders between 2017 and 2020. With a republican Senate. He's in check ?
You can’t really judge by executive orders, Obama’s numbers were higher as were many presidents, but the senate and their complete dismissal of subpoenas and Barr acting as his personal lawyer is the real example of a president and party not in check.
Old 10-31-2020, 02:01 PM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
You can’t really judge by executive orders, Obama’s numbers were higher as were many presidents, but the senate and their complete dismissal of subpoenas and Barr acting as his personal lawyer is the real example of a president and party not in check.
Obama had 260 in 8 years and the right was outraged he's on pace to 400 if he gets reelected

His latest one goes after federal employees

TRUMP JUST SIGNED AN EXECUTIVE ORDER LETTING HIM PURGE THOUSANDS OF FEDERAL WORKERS FOR DISLOYALTY

3 days before an election, how many firing will be lame duck firings if he losses gutting departments prior to January. I thought he loved the American worker
Old 10-31-2020, 02:10 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim look at history look what men seaking power and men seeking to hold power look like what they say and do to hold that power, in all corners of the globe and if you don't see similarities in Trump his words his action. Your blind , no other president in our history has remotely come close . But just by you using the taliban or Sadam as an example once again you see everything as some how they are the same .

So Trump being only 25% authoritarian is ok?
can you just tell us who he resembles that america has gone to war with? and how does he resemble that person? hitler? hirohito?

how did you come up with 25% authoritarian?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-31-2020 at 02:41 PM..
Old 10-31-2020, 02:10 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
i thought he unilaterallly did away with the constitution?
Old 10-31-2020, 04:11 PM   #27
wdmso

Quote:
can you just tell us who he resembles that america has gone to war with? and how does he resemble that person? hitler? hirohito?

how did you come up with 25% authoritarian?

TRUMP if we win on tuesday or thank you very much supreme court shortly thereafter

Seems you need a Identifying dictators for dummies book. I'll see if i can find one for you

I know deligtmizing election is like page 1
Old 10-31-2020, 10:12 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Obama had 260 in 8 years and the right was outraged he's on pace to 400 if he gets reelected

Is there a number that makes them unconstitutional? What's the number, 401? Is it the number per year? Does the Constitution specify the number of EOs a President can make per year? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

His latest one goes after federal employees

TRUMP JUST SIGNED AN EXECUTIVE ORDER LETTING HIM PURGE THOUSANDS OF FEDERAL WORKERS FOR DISLOYALTY

Are you saying he doesn't have the constitutional power to do this? If that is true, no doubt the House of Representatives will challenge it in SCOTUS.

3 days before an election, how many firing will be lame duck firings if he losses gutting departments prior to January. I thought he loved the American worker
Is there a specified constitutional number of days before an election during which a President is allowed to perform his duties?
Old 10-31-2020, 10:16 PM   #29
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Is there a specified constitutional number of days before an election during which a President is allowed to perform his duties?
if it's a democrat = no