Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-07-2020, 09:22 PM   #1
Ian
Idiot

Normalcy

Say what you will about Joe Biden, but it sure is nice to be able to watch the president (elect) give a speech again where humility and inclusion are the unwavering hallmarks and where the main focus has nothing to do with “him” and everything to do with “us” as a country.

This gives me hope that 2020 was rock bottom.

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:42 AM   #2
scottw

"normalcy" for democrats is when they win...which is much of the reason why we've had 4 years of democrats tantrums undermining a US president....I don't know if you remember but George Bush was Hitler and a baby killer for 8 years according to democrats and now..... he's a great guy....McCain was an archaic, PTSD alcoholic who cheated on his wife and a racist who could lose his mind at any moment...he's now a great guy......Romney...I don't even know ...but now...he's a great guy...Kavanaugh ran "rape trains"(funny how the media and the technocracy never censored any of that hate and lying)..he'll be a great guy as soon as he votes with the liberal judges on the court... and it goes on... so I guess trump has a chance at redemption from the left as soon as he concedes

yes, biden is a uniting figure and left is always trying to bring us all together
Old 11-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #3
Ian
Idiot

Being a uniting figure and giving a unifying speech are different things. That speech was more inclusive than any speech Trump gave his entire time in office.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Being a uniting figure and giving a unifying speech are different things. That speech was more inclusive than any speech Trump gave his entire time in office.
it was self-serving from a guy that has been race baiting and screaming angry, divisive rhetoric for months...if he lost I doubt he'd be calling for unity...he didn't mean it
Old 11-08-2020, 09:22 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Scam/spam alert: In the last twelve hours I have received eight emails from the same individual -- not Joe Biden -- who says he was elected president on Tuesday and that I should send him money.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:39 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it was self-serving from a guy that has been race baiting and screaming angry, divisive rhetoric for months...if he lost I doubt he'd be calling for unity...he didn't mean it
And it begins but but this but but that.

Scott you must be confused who’s been race baiting and screaming angry divisive rhetoric for months

are you actually suggesting Biden did it more than Trump? Interesting
Old 11-08-2020, 09:59 AM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Scam/spam alert: In the last twelve hours I have received eight emails from the same individual -- not Joe Biden -- who says he was elected president on Tuesday and that I should send him money.
Make sure you read the fine print, apparently 60% of your contribution goes to pay off campaign debt.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

are you actually suggesting Biden did it more than Trump?

biden is a pro with 47 years of experience race baiting...I'm shocked that you didn't notice given your ability to dismiss anything that doesn't fit your narrative
Old 11-08-2020, 10:29 AM   #9
scottw

Quote:
see...you shouldn't click all of those links...and don't answer the phone if you don't recognize the number no matter how desperate you are to talk to someone
Old 11-08-2020, 11:02 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
biden is a pro with 47 years of experience race baiting...I'm shocked that you didn't notice given your ability to dismiss anything that doesn't fit your narrative
Just accept it. Your version of what a POTUS should and shouldn’t be has been soundly rejected .

Don’t lose hope authoritarianism isn’t done fighting against the election and 1/2 the country supports it ..
Old 11-08-2020, 11:17 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:

soundly rejected .

that's a stretch....

hey, in 3 years trump will be as old as biden is now and given the fact that he just turned out record numbers of legal votes and did better among all demographics (except white males) than any republican presidential candidate in memory....I bet he's got a pretty good shot at the nomination...sorry jim
Old 11-08-2020, 12:17 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
You didn't hear Trump's 2019 state of the union speech or his Mount Rushmore speech? They were unifying and inclusive. There were many other unifying and inclusive comments and actions that he made throughout his administration. But they were not recognized as such by the left since it didn't fit their narrative.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #13
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You didn't hear Trump's 2019 state of the union speech or his Mount Rushmore speech? They were unifying and inclusive. There were many other unifying and inclusive comments and actions that he made throughout his administration. But they were not recognized as such by the left since it didn't fit their narrative.
What an 'effing joke.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
What an 'effing joke.
Not a joke. 'effing or otherwise. They were great speeches, as modern day speeches go. And far more unifying than anything you say on the matter in this forum.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
Say what you will about Joe Biden, but it sure is nice to be able to watch the president (elect) give a speech again where humility and inclusion are the unwavering hallmarks and where the main focus has nothing to do with “him” and everything to do with “us” as a country.

This gives me hope that 2020 was rock bottom.
come on. now that he’s in charge, he wants unity? the guy who told blacks that republicans “want to put y’all back in chains”, and the one who told blacks they ain’t black unless they support him....you like his calls for an end to the bitterness? how can he have any credibility in this issue?
Old 11-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
that's a stretch....

hey, in 3 years trump will be as old as biden is now and given the fact that he just turned out record numbers of legal votes and did better among all demographics (except white males) than any republican presidential candidate in memory....I bet he's got a pretty good shot at the nomination...sorry jim
I’ll predict that he starts his campaign the minute he’s out of the White House and squeals daily that the prosecutors are just doing it for political purposes

Because just imagine how he, his vile family, and his dishonest enablers are feeling today, many of whom face the real prospect of criminal investigations and charges in 2021.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2020, 01:46 PM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
come on. now that he’s in charge, he wants unity? the guy who told blacks that republicans “want to put y’all back in chains”, and the one who told blacks they ain’t black unless they support him....you like his calls for an end to the bitterness? how can he have any credibility in this issue?
Jim seems actual black people aren't as upset as you are about those statements? Why is that? And why did the vast majorities still vote biden?

Last edited by wdmso; 11-08-2020 at 01:54 PM..
Old 11-08-2020, 01:53 PM   #18
wdmso

Quote:
that's a stretch....

Not sure why Trump fans are dazzled by Trumps vote numbers yet ingnore Biden currently has 4 million more votes

Wait I do know their not legal votes ... i keep forgetting thats what you guys believe
Old 11-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
I’ll predict that he starts his campaign the minute he’s out of the White House and squeals daily that the prosecutors are just doing it for political purposes

Because just imagine how he, his vile family, and his dishonest enablers are feeling today, many of whom face the real prospect of criminal investigations and charges in 2021.

You constantly make these very normal and unifying statements. Good job! Ian should be proud of you.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #20
detbuch

Hillary is still making these unifying and inclusive statements:

“I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from,” Clinton said Monday on the New York Times Oct. 26 2020 podcast “Sway.

"there is a deep sense of unfairness and just dismissiveness toward his [Trump] victory, and he knows it,”

Clinton also claimed that she was “born” for the presidency,

Her election loss, Clinton complained, was partially due to a disinformation campaign stemming from “vast right-wing conspiracy.”

"I mean, the disinformation was incredibly pervasive,” Clinton said.

“That kind of craziness is baked into the Republican right in this point in our history,”

Clinton claims that she “can’t entertain the idea of [Trump] winning” and that “it would cause cognitive dissonance of a grave degree.” She also called Republicans “cowards and spineless enablers of him.”

“It makes me literally sick to my stomach to think that we’d have four more years of this abuse and destruction of our institutions, and damaging of our norms and our values, and lessening of our leadership and the list goes on,” Clinton said.

In addition to accusing Trump of “abuse of power,” Clinton also said that he “lives with this specter of illegitimacy.”

Clinton continued to criticize Trump, saying she would never invite him on her own podcast

Yessir, these are the kind of unifying and inclusive statements made by Dems throughout the Trump administration.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:50 PM   #21
scottw

Quote:

“I was the candidate that they basically stole an election from,” Clinton said Monday on the New York Times Oct. 26 2020 podcast “Sway.

"there is a deep sense of unfairness and just dismissiveness toward his [Trump] victory, and he knows it,”

Her election loss, Clinton complained, was partially due to a disinformation campaign stemming from “vast right-wing conspiracy.”

“That kind of craziness is baked into the Republican right in this point in our history,”

Clinton claims that she “can’t entertain the idea of [Trump] winning” and that “it would cause cognitive dissonance of a grave degree.” She also called Republicans “cowards and spineless enablers of him.”

“It makes me literally sick to my stomach to think that we’d have four more years of this abuse and destruction of our institutions, and damaging of our norms and our values, and lessening of our leadership and the list goes on,” Clinton said.

In addition to accusing Trump of “abuse of power,” Clinton also said that he “lives with this specter of illegitimacy.”

Clinton continued to criticize Trump, saying she would never invite him on her own podcast

Yessir, these are the kind of unifying and inclusive statements made by Dems throughout the Trump administration.
If Spence was a woman he’d be Hillary,,,,wait...has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?🤣
Old 11-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Is that why the victim spent his whole presidency running against Hillary and Obama

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-08-2020, 03:11 PM   #23
scottw

Pete you’ve been predicting that every day was trumps last day for four years. Nobody has ever been more wrong more often than you yet you persist. You should be wary. Every time you claim trump is dead due to your latest bombshell he re-emerges through the flames and smoke😆
Old 11-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is that why the victim spent his whole presidency running against Hillary and Obama
what did liberals spend the last 4 years doing? supporting trump and coming together, as biden is asking us to now do?
Old 11-08-2020, 09:19 PM   #25
detbuch

Quote:
what did liberals spend the last 4 years doing? supporting trump and coming together, as biden is asking us to now do?
Maybe Biden can make up for the divisiveness of the Obama/Biden administration. The nation was hoping for great things, for racial togetherness being created when they were elected. Instead, the racial divide got worse.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:54 PM   #26
scottw

at this point in 2016 the democrats were already plotting trump's impeachment...that's "normalcy" for them
Old 11-08-2020, 11:09 PM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

So the more I think about it, I think Covita will (1) never concede (2) claim the election was stolen (3) move to Mar a Lago around the holidays (bonus: no f’n Xmas decorating for Melania) (4) not come back (5) big money grift as "the real president" doing speaking gigs and paid rallies
Old 11-09-2020, 07:47 AM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Our allies are all reaching out to congratulate Biden and celebrate the return to some normalcy in foreign relations with our partners.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:06 AM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
You talk as if Trump was willing to compromise he squandered his early days to unite the country he came right out of the gate With Red Vs Blue.

his goal and those of his followers were liberal tears and Fuk your feelings last 4 years

Now it their tears and their feelings
And support his fraud nonsense

Conservatives keep bring up the 2016 election and Russia No one ever suggested they used fake ballots or fraud when Trump won

The term was influenced huge huge difference from fraud and this was post election not pre election which Trump supporters seem to ignore with great effort
Old 11-09-2020, 08:15 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
You talk as if Trump was willing to compromise he squandered his early days to unite the country he came right out of the gate With Red Vs Blue.

his goal and those of his followers were liberal tears and Fuk your feelings last 4 years

Now it their tears and their feelings
And support his fraud nonsense

Conservatives keep bring up the 2016 election and Russia No one ever suggested they used fake ballots or fraud when Trump won

The term was influenced huge huge difference from fraud and this was post election not pre election which Trump supporters seem to ignore with great effort
And you talk like you have a single-digit IQ, as I've said here 500 times that Trump is a vindictive baby. What would it take, for you to be honest, for two seconds?

Trump had no interest in working with thenm, and they had no interest in working with him, only impeaching him.

Biden has been a liberal attack dog for 50 years. 50 years he's been attacking and smearing and demonizing everyone on the other side, right up until a couple months ago, when he said blacks ain't black unless they vote for him.

And when Biden said to a roomful of blacks that Republicans "want to put y'all back in chains", that's at least as divisive as anything that Trump has ever said. But now that Biden is in charge, we're all supposed to forget everything he's done for 50 years and rally around him? Doesn't work that way.

I live here too, and so I hope in 4 years I conclude that he was the best president who ever lived. I really hop that. I'm not expecting it, and I've already donated to the GOP senate races in NC, but that's what I'm hoping for.

For 50 years, he's told the country that conservatives are loathsome hatemongers. Words matter. Trumps words matter (which I have criticized him for), and Bidens words also matter (which none of you except Rockhound would criticize him for). You aren't capable of doing it. Because to you, The Narrative rules all.