Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #31
buckman

I'm not sure I understand the whole innocent untill proven guilty thing.
The IRS can send you a bill and you have to prove that you don't owe it.
Get pulled over in Ma and the officer thinks you were drinking they can arrest you and your license will be suspended and you will pay a huge fine without any prove that you had a drink.
I would think the legal US immigrants would want enforcement.

And how about those violent protest by illegals?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:49 PM   #32
Joe

To me that reads that in Mass you can be convicted of DWI without a field sobriety test, chemical test or breathalyzer.
Or are you arrested for refusal to submit to testing?
There's a big difference - the guy who passes any of the sobriety tests has not been drinking, and the guy who fails or refuses usually has been drinking. People might tell you later they had not, but lying goes with having a substance abuse problem.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:00 PM   #33
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
To me that reads that in Mass you can be convicted of DWI without a field sobriety test, chemical test or breathalyzer.
Or are you arrested for refusal to submit to testing?
There's a big difference - the guy who passes any of the sobriety tests has not been drinking, and the guy who fails or refuses usually has been drinking. People might tell you later they had not, but lying goes with having a substance abuse problem.
And asking for ID and refusing to show one should result in deportation. Most people that refuse to show an ID are guilty. Lying goes with having a citizenship problem.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #34
Joe

Fair enough. I don't think the issue needs exaggerating - the truth is bad enough.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #35
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
a perfect trail of intelligent posts followed by an articulate moronic response by "you know who"
So Arizona, a state with millions of Hispanic citizens is suddenly going to be plunged into a police state as Hispanic citizens are coralled into lines to prove their citizenship....
Will it be Carlos in his Toyota Camry dropping off his kids on the way to school?
Jorge in his UPS truck? Maria selling girl scout cookies? Or Father Juan at St Mary's ?
OR maybe, just maybe common sense will prevail.......will it be the nameless guys standing on the corner at 7:30 am looking for day labor work?
I guess I might be a bit offended if your accusation wasn't so clumsy.

What's funny is that there are two very appropriate anecdotes from the Arizona border with Mexico, and the Sheriff's who preside over these counties.

One has come out with strong words that the original bill is racist and will absolutely encourage racial profiling.

The other is known for using strong tactics himself, and is the recipient of numerous accusations of racial profiling.

Not to mention that immigration is generally a Federal issue. How quickly they caved on amending the bill is a pretty good indicator of where they think they stood.

More fodder for real Federal reform.

-spence