Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-29-2018, 04:44 PM   #1
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
...maybe that kid leading the repeal the 2nd amendment movement....he seems "balanced"..."Of 111 Supreme Court justices none have been children"...wassup with that?
So now your approach is to disparage kids who just suffered a school shooting? Are you OK?
Old 03-29-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
So now your approach is to disparage kids who just suffered a school shooting? Are you OK?
how did I disparage him?...I nominated him for the supreme court..and what "kids"...I mentioned 1....are you ok?...or just swinging for the nuts as usual?
Old 03-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
I'll let the kids say their peace, When David Hogg uses nothing but f-words to describe everyone who disagrees with him, he deserves a whole lot of pushback.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:44 PM   #4
scottw

sometimes...when people want to talk or yell...you run to get them a soapbox to stand on...then just stand back and let em' go for it

was that disparaging?....maybe a little snarky...
Old 03-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I'll let the kids say their peace, When David Hogg uses nothing but f-words to describe everyone who disagrees with him, he deserves a whole lot of pushback.
I think he's earned the right to drop a few f bombs. The pushback isn't because he swore in an interview, it's because some see him as a threat.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:

The pushback isn't because he swore in an interview, it's because some see him as a threat.
you say the funniest things
Old 03-30-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think he's earned the right to drop a few f bombs. The pushback isn't because he swore in an interview, it's because some see him as a threat.
"I think he's earned the right to drop a few f bombs."

About what happened, sure. Directed at everyone who disagrees with him? It shows precisely why it's a bad idea to let traumatized children shape public policy.

"The pushback isn't because he swore in an interview, it's because some see him as a threat"

Nobody sees him as a threat, just an annoyance, a profane, vulgar annoyance. I feel horrible for him, the lefty media is using him as a sock puppet, and he's buying into it hook, line and sinker, he thinks he's Rosa Parks. When they no longer have any use for him and they cast him off, he may not handle it well. No one seems to be looking out for his long term interests.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:44 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
One of those kids, a quite in-you-face-girl, admitted to actively ostracizing the shooter since middle school. But it's all the gun's fault.

This is why we don't let kids, especially traumatized kids, make public policy unilaterally. She sure isn't acting as if she wants to hear that being ostracized might have contributed to this.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
One of those kids, a quite in-you-face-girl, admitted to actively ostracizing the shooter since middle school. But it's all the gun's fault.
Once again, you should read what she actually said in context instead of educating yourself from meme's.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Once again, you should read what she actually said in context instead of educating yourself from meme's.
"spencetext"
Old 03-30-2018, 11:09 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
"spencetext"
I saw her on TV, I am responding to her words.

According to Spence, if you are critical of something a liberal said or did, you are necessarily taking it out of context.

The biggest cop -ut in the world, from people who are literally incapable of being self-critical, is that you took it out of context. It's a useless defense.
Old 03-30-2018, 11:11 AM   #12
spence

Quote:
I saw her on TV, I am responding to her words.

According to Spence, if you are critical of something a liberal said or did, you are necessarily taking it out of context.

The biggest cop -ut in the world, from people who are literally incapable of being self-critical, is that you took it out of context. It's a useless defense.
Well you did, or perhaps you just don't know what ostracized means?
Old 03-30-2018, 01:13 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
perhaps you just don't know what ostracized means?
Perhaps. Or perhaps I know exactly what it means, and perhaps instead you are biologically incapable of criticizing the left about anything. Perhaps you make Sean Hannity look neutral...