Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-01-2020, 11:17 AM   #181
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

So you'll claim that it’s actually Democrats and the left who incite racism by… bringing up racism.
yes...they do this enthusiastically-racial division...it keeps them in power
Old 10-01-2020, 12:02 PM   #182
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yes...they do this enthusiastically-racial division...it keeps them in power
Well if the current Republican Party spoke about race and racial issues, maybe they wouldn’t have so few people who aren’t white.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #183
scottw

Quote:
Well if the current Republican Party spoke about race and racial issues, maybe they wouldn’t have so few people who aren’t white.
trump will enjoy record support from the folks you claim the republican party won't speak to which is why you and your friends are so desperate to characterize he and anyone who disagrees with you as racist white supremacists...it's pretty sick and twisted...but not unexpected
Old 10-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #184
Pete F.
Canceled

You sound like him, here’s his tweet today after the debate commission said they’ll enforce the rules.

Why would I allow the Debate Commission to change the rules for the second and third Debates when I easily won last time?
Old 10-01-2020, 02:29 PM   #185
detbuch

QUOTE=Pete F.;1202059]The definition of Stand-by is: readiness for duty or immediate deployment, a person or thing ready to be deployed immediately, especially if needed as backup in an emergency.

That's one of the definitions (of course, the one you would choose). Another definition is: adhere to or abide by something promised, stated, or decided. So when he asked the Proud Boys to stand back and stand by, he was asking them to stand back from the violence (and letting law enforcement do the work of keeping order) and stand by, or adhere to, the standing back.

So you'll claim that it’s actually Democrats and the left who incite racism by… bringing up racism.

I don't remember saying that, certainly not in that way. Constantly accusing people who are not racist of being racist can eventually lead to pushback.

It’s clever rhetoric — by claiming that progressives see everything as racist, then nothing ever can be.

Did I say that? It is clever. And on the surface, philosophically true. But "everything" is obviously an exaggeration. Rather, when any action, thought, or statement by a white person involving another race or person of that race is perceived as some injustice against or oppression of that person or that race, even if the action or thought or words are not about race, nor are intended to be so, nor, perhaps, even intended to be injurious, yet can be called racism, then anything a white person says or does in reference to another race can be called racism. So the word then loses any coherent meaning.

The truth is far more clear-cut.

Trump says Mexicans are rapists, that white supremacists are “very fine people,” and that Muslims don’t belong in America.

He never said any of those things. You universalize his statements or are just lying. He didn't say All Mexicans are rapists. Far from it. You persist on claiming that he said white supremacists are very fine people, but he never did. Check post #174 for his view on white supremacists. And he didn't say ALL Muslims, nor Muslims in general or per se.

He believes protesters should be roughed up,

He didn't say that. See there you go applying a universal to a particular. When you don't qualify protesters as specific ones, you deliberately imply all. And when you don't qualify a particular "protester" as also being an unruly "disrupter" who refuses to be civil or leave rather than peaceful and orderly, you imply that such a person is faultless. Perhaps he shouldn't be "roughed up," just forcefully removed--which might take some roughing up.

that majority-Black neighborhoods are dangerous,

Probably an exaggeration, depending on the meaning of dangerous. Are you claiming that most black neighborhoods are not statistically more dangerous than most white neighborhoods.

and that the exonerated Central Park Five are guilty.

They were exonerated of the rape charge, not the rest of the mayhem charges.

The president doesn’t need to yell a racial slur for us to know he’s a racist — his dog whistles relay the same message while giving himself and his supporters plausible deniability and a semblance of honesty.

#175 is the post I quoted

This dog whistle nonsense is a convenient way of not having to verify a claim. I mistakenly said post #175. I meant post #174. If you check post #174 you will have his actual words, not some mysterious dog whistles, about racism and white supremacy.

Here's a little more Proud Boy info for you
Only hours after President Donald Trump gave a debate-stage nod to the extremist group the Proud Boys he’s now claiming he doesn’t know who they are.

“I don’t know who the Proud Boys are. You’ll have to give me a definition because I really don’t know who they are,” Trump told reporters on Wednesday.

One could assume that nobody in the White House discussed this among other things re the debate with him since the event, if you are really obtuse.

However even if you accept that nobody in his political sphere said anything about his comment on the Proud Boys, his connection to his old friend, political operative Roger Stone, suggests otherwise.

Stone has long been a supporter of the violent group which describes itself as “Western chauvinists” and “anti-white guilt.”

The ADL reports that Stone has invited the groups leaders into his home, used them as private security at his events, accepted their support during his trial under the Mueller investigation and even allowed the group to share a video of him reciting their initiation mantra. “Hi, I’m Roger Stone. I’m a Western chauvinist, and I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world,” he said into the camera in a now-deleted YouTube video.

Earlier this summer, shortly before Trump commuted Stone’s prison sentence, Stone was kicked off Facebook as part of the social media giant’s investigation into the Proud Boys’ online activities. They found dozens of fictitious accounts linked to Stone which would post and comment on Proud Boys material to make it seem more popular than it is.

In addition, just last week the Honolulu Civil beat reported that Stone has endorsed Nick Ochs, founder of the Proud Boys’ Hawaii chapter, as a Republican candidate for Hawaii’s state legislature.

Stone is a close friend of the Proud Boys’ current leader Enrique Tarrio, who replaced the group’s founder Gavin McInnes. At a 2019 Trump rally in Miami, Tarrio had a high-profile seat directly behind the president where he wore a T-shirt which read “Roger Stone did nothing wrong.”
Enrique Tarrios is also head of the Florida chapter of Latinos for Trump, now given his current push in Florida with the Latin community, I would not be surprised to find that they have spoken.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well you do prefer other peoples opinions about someone rather than what that person says. I'm not defending Proud Boys, but, like Trump, I didn't know who they are and what they are about until this nonsense about "stand back and stand by." But for a bit more balanced view, here's what they say about who they are and what they are for. https://100percentfedup.com/video-pr...-supremacists/

They are multi-racial being 10 to 20% non white, having black, latino, and asian members. From another source: the group’s website includes a list of core values as tenets: “Minimal Government, Maximum Freedom, Anti Political Correctness, Anti-Drug War, Closed Borders, Anti-Racial Guilt, Anti-Racism, Pro-Free Speech (1st Amendment), Pro-Gun Rights (2nd Amendment), Glorifying the Entrepreneur, Venerating the Housewife, Reinstating a Spirit of Western Chauvinism.”

Please respond to post #174. If after reading and watching it, you still claim that Trump is a white supremacist, or that he hasn't condemned them and racism, I sure would like to know why.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-01-2020 at 05:09 PM..
Old 10-01-2020, 09:03 PM   #186
Pete F.
Canceled

Just like, all the women who claim he molested, attacked or raped them are liars, just ask him.
But will he submit to a DNA test?
Old 10-01-2020, 09:22 PM   #187
detbuch

Quote:
Just like, all the women who claim he molested, attacked or raped them are liars, just ask him.
But will he submit to a DNA test?
You can try to do your change the subject trick to slither out of responding to something that proves your narrative wrong, but I'm not going to let you get away with that ruse this time. Here is post #174 in case you missed it or choose to ignore it. If you don't respond to it now, I'll bring it up again, and again when you refer to Trump as a racist or white supremacist and cite some "dog whistle" as proof, until you are exposed, to anyone who cares, as a blatant liar. As a refutation of your oft repeated lie that Trump is a white supremacist, racist, who has never condemned white supremacy, here is proof, not a dog whistle, PROOF that he has, and if you don't respond and fess up, I'll keep posting it:

Trump said on Aug. 14, 2017: "Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

Trump said on Aug. 15, 2017: "I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally."

After nearly two dozen people were killed on Aug. 3, 2019, in a shooting at a Wal-Mart in El Paso, Trump said: “The shooter in El Paso posted a manifesto online consumed by racist hate. In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy. These sinister ideologies must be defeated. Hate has no place in America. Hatred warps the mind, ravages the heart, and devours the soul. We have asked the FBI to identify all further resources they need to investigate and disrupt hate crimes and domestic terrorism — whatever they need.”

And this:
https://centipedenation.com/second-c...ders-20-times/

And this:

Last edited by detbuch; 10-02-2020 at 09:51 AM..
Old 10-02-2020, 05:35 AM   #188
scottw

Quote:
You sound like him, here’s his tweet today after the debate commission said they’ll enforce the rules.

Why would I allow the Debate Commission to change the rules for the second and third Debates when I easily won last time?
and....if biden looked so presidential and trump looked so bad, why would biden want the rules changed for the next one? he should be begging for more of that
Old 10-02-2020, 07:23 AM   #189
Pete F.
Canceled

What I’ve heard about focus groups is that Trump failed with the undecided and women in particular
The next one is a Town Hall format, maybe they’ll do it on Zoom given recent developments
Old 10-03-2020, 03:56 AM   #190
scottw

this is great....not once....many, many times Joe

Old 10-03-2020, 06:44 AM   #191
Pete F.
Canceled

A little irony

Cornell study: “the President of the United States was likely the largest driver of the COVID-19 misinformation ‘infodemic’.”
Old 10-03-2020, 11:51 AM   #192
detbuch

Quote:
A little irony

Cornell study: “the President of the United States was likely the largest driver of the COVID-19 misinformation ‘infodemic’.”
So do you still insist that Trump never condemned white supremacism?
Old 10-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #193
RickBomba

Quote:
A little irony

And now his misinformation campaign has infected his camp like a plague.

2 days he knew he was infected, travelled around the country to rallies and fundraisers, and wore no mask.

He’s pretty much Lord Jeff, but to his base.

Dumbass.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 10-04-2020, 07:45 AM   #194
Pete F.
Canceled

The White House is supposed to be in charge of tracing contacts at Trump's events in recent days. It appears they've done...virtually nothing.
At this point not contact tracing is a choice the White House made. It’s not even like they would need to do it themselves. They can just pick up the phone and ask the CDC to do it for them. What’s likely happening here is they don’t want to know how many people are infected.
Or they’re just totally incompetent
Old 10-04-2020, 12:03 PM   #195
detbuch

Quote:
The White House is supposed to be in charge of tracing contacts at Trump's events in recent days. It appears they've done...virtually nothing.
At this point not contact tracing is a choice the White House made. It’s not even like they would need to do it themselves. They can just pick up the phone and ask the CDC to do it for them. What’s likely happening here is they don’t want to know how many people are infected.
Or they’re just totally incompetent

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Contact tracing was put into place at the White House immediately after Trump aide Hope Hicks tested positive for coronavirus, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said on Friday.

"Immediately there was contact tracing that was put into place and all of the necessary procedures," McEnany said without elaborating on when Hicks received her positive result.

She said Trump got his positive result on Thursday night and "within an hour, we put out that information to the American people."

In separate remarks to reporters, McEnany said it was considered safe for Trump to travel to his resort in Bedminster, New Jersey, for a private fundraiser on Thursday.

"It was deemed safe for the president to go. He socially distanced, it was an outdoor event and it was deemed safe by White House operations for him to attend that event," she said.

She also told reporters she was not aware that Hicks had tested positive when she held a briefing at the White House on Thursday morning.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #196
Pete F.
Canceled

Jason Miller, Trump's chief strategist just said the President is ready to lead on Covid because he's been through it. So for seven months he refused to lead because it didn't effect him. That is a stunning admission from the Trump campaign.

So like his taxes, Tweety and the WH staff lied and failed to inform those they deliberately exposed to a deadly virus in a vain attempt to conceal Trump was infected.
Today the Stable Genius had to go for a ride to wave at
A former Secret Service PPD detail leader, quite hesitant to say anything, says: “The job is to put your life on the line...and risk is always there, you manage it. But what we’re seeing now is unprecedented. It’s Russian Roulette....you can’t manage that.
In Tweety’s defense, many babies can’t fall asleep unless they go for a car ride.
Paid $750 in taxes, gets world-leading government funded medical care.
Old 10-04-2020, 08:45 PM   #197
detbuch

Quote:
Jason Miller, Trump's chief strategist just said the President is ready to lead on Covid because he's been through it. So for seven months he refused to lead because it didn't effect him. That is a stunning admission from the Trump campaign.

I don't know what he means by "lead on Covid." A lot of people have been leading on Covid, whatever that means.

Trump has done several things in his capacity as President. Fauci and Birx have done some leading in their capacity as medical experts. The governors of the states have been leading in their executive capacity of sovereign states. You seem to think the President is the one and only be all.

As I've said, you have a Progressive view. I differ. I have a constitutional view. Personally, I think your view is far more prone to error and failure. Follow, and only follow, the leader, for damn sure requires that the leader is always right, or always knows the best way.

And if Miller actually said that Trump is only now starting to "lead on Covid," you can look to his getting fired or rebuked.

So like his taxes, Tweety and the WH staff lied and failed to inform those they deliberately exposed to a deadly virus in a vain attempt to conceal Trump was infected.

The White House quickly informed the public when the President was diagnosed with COVID. Your conjecturing. To conjecture as if your saying facts, is a form of lying.

Today the Stable Genius had to go for a ride to wave at
A former Secret Service PPD detail leader, quite hesitant to say anything, says: “The job is to put your life on the line...and risk is always there, you manage it. But what we’re seeing now is unprecedented. It’s Russian Roulette....you can’t manage that.
In Tweety’s defense, many babies can’t fall asleep unless they go for a car ride.
Paid $750 in taxes, gets world-leading government funded medical care.
He was wearing a mask. But I agree that he shouldn't have put the agents at unnecessary risk, if that is what happened. Wouldn't the medical staff have arranged some sort of precautions?

And he has paid millions in various taxes, and has created sources for many millions more taxes, (employees who pay taxes, retail taxes, property taxes, sales taxes), and has legally taken whatever deductions his accountants have found. He paid a lot more income tax when he made profits, and far less when he didn't, and got rebates when he lost. So get off the stupid $750 bit.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #198
Pete F.
Canceled

Sure the White House is right on top of the situation, just a little late.
White House staff just got an email telling them not to come to work if they have symptoms. If they develop them, they’re told to go home and contact their primary care provider. “Staff should not go to the White House Medical Unit clinic for any Covid-19 testing inquiries.”
Old 10-04-2020, 09:29 PM   #199
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He was wearing a mask. But I agree that he shouldn't have put the agents at unnecessary risk, if that is what happened. Wouldn't the medical staff have arranged some sort of precautions?

And he has paid millions in various taxes, and has created sources for many millions more taxes, (employees who pay taxes, retail taxes, property taxes, sales taxes), and has legally taken whatever deductions his accountants have found. He paid a lot more income tax when he made profits, and far less when he didn't, and got rebates when he lost. So get off the stupid $750 bit.
Never

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-04-2020, 11:00 PM   #200
detbuch

Quote:
Never
You're as stubbornly and mindlessly repetitive as Poe's Raven.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-04-2020 at 11:14 PM..
Old 10-05-2020, 06:24 AM   #201
Pete F.
Canceled

Don the Con will never change
Old 10-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #202
detbuch

Quote:
Don the Con will never change
Nor will Pete F the Con stop repeating BS.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:48 PM   #203
Pete F.
Canceled

So now that we know he’s fine, let’s go back to discussing his tax evasion, the billion he owes (to who) and sexual assault claims against him.
After all he’s currently receiving socialized medical care.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:07 PM   #204
detbuch

Quote:
So now that we know he’s fine, let’s go back to discussing his tax evasion, the billion he owes (to who) and sexual assault claims against him.
After all he’s currently receiving socialized medical care.
Crony capitalist health care. Free market health care would be a lot cheaper.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:14 PM   #205
Pete F.
Canceled

That’s an interesting take on Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Old 10-05-2020, 02:52 PM   #206
detbuch

Quote:
That’s an interesting take on Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Funding and running military operations by the government is not socialistic. The government in all capitalist countries is in charge of the military, its care, and its operation.

The medical staff was educated in crony capital colleges and universities. The medical equipment, and medicines were built by profit making crony capitalist companies.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:43 PM   #207
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Funding and running military operations by the government is not socialistic. The government in all capitalist countries is in charge of the military, its care, and its operation.

The medical staff was educated in crony capital colleges and universities. The medical equipment, and medicines were built by profit making crony capitalist companies.
Most governments, are in charge of the military, its care, its operation and other functions that the people in charge choose.
In your simple world, what would replace all the cronyism and how would it be prevented from occurring?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-05-2020, 08:23 PM   #208
detbuch

Quote:
Most governments, are in charge of the military, its care, its operation and other functions that the people in charge choose.
In your simple world, what would replace all the cronyism and how would it be prevented from occurring?
You said he received socialized medical care. Socialized medicine is defined as "the provision of medical and hospital care for all by means of public funds."

Walter Reed Hospital does not provide medical and hospital care "for all." It is for military personnel and Presidents and their family. It has nothing to do with socialism or socialized medicine or socialized medical care. Capitalist systems generally provide service for military personnel. It is neither Capitalism nor socialism. It is military, which is its own ism.

But it depends on for profit entities to provide personnel and equipment. By and large, those entities are large, corporatist companies which are in a crony relation with government, as well as universities which have transformed into corporate like entities that focus on expanding their base and student body, and enlarging their income, and which, like crony capitalist hospitals, place more power in administration than in the hands of the teachers and doctors. And both corporations and universities must satisfy government demands and ideology or face debilitating regulations, so settle into crony relations with government.

And I've already discussed free market vs. highly government regulated market with you. . . to no avail. In your complicated world, government must dictate. Rather than protecting the free market, government must regulate it, and the more the better. And it especially must provide health care. Otherwise, it won't work

I wasn't getting into your question "what would replace all the cronyism and how would it be prevented from occurring?" I simply made the unimportant point that Trump was not getting socialized medical care.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:52 AM   #209
Pete F.
Canceled

Got way more than he paid for
Old 10-06-2020, 11:07 AM   #210
detbuch

Quote:
Got way more than he paid for
Most patients do. And Trump has payed millions in taxes. Not all of it in one year.