Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-13-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
5/0
Eels

Doing the right thing

Sitting out on the back deck having a lung dart with a cup of coffee and enjoying the nice weather.
I noticed my neighbor jogging which he does on a reg bais but this time he was scrambling and randomly picking up wind driven news papers...
Well it was his news paper that was dropped off this morning at his driveway and it was blowing all over the the place and our neighborhood. lawns, driveways,in trees ect pretry funny chit cuse it wasn't me for once...As he was being very noble and doing his best collecting his papers there was papers behind him blowing towards him as he was focused picking up the one's in front of him,quite comical almost TV script worthy. But he was definitely determined to get them all.

Well he did it,and it took him all about 5 min. But he did it.

Would you do the same or give it a half assed atempte. ..

We all know that we would do the same but would you?

Just floating it out there.

5/0

Last edited by 5/0; 03-13-2016 at 09:35 AM..

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
spence

Huh, you mean like pick up your own trash?
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
fishbones

Bobby, I'd pick up your newspaper.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #4
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Bobby, I'd pick up your newspaper.
Spence, yes, PU yur own trash,but how often do you see Aholea's driving in front of you tossing chit out of there window and wich is sad but they really don't think twice about it, ignorance is bliss in the city which doesn't justify it but WTF.
But in the subs seldom do you see people being responsible for there chit too.
I'M not a tree hugger by any means but I do believe in wiping my own ars.

Bonesy I know you would, and I thank you for that with a cold one.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:02 AM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5/0 View Post
Spence, yes, PU yur own trash,but how often do you see Aholea's driving in front of you tossing chit out of there window and wich is sad but they really don't think twice about it, ignorance is bliss in the city which doesn't justify it but WTF.
Or guys pull the boat and just toss crap off when it's on the trailer. Drives me nuts.

If raccoons get into the trash or the recycle bin blows over I always get it all. Sucks but that's life.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #6
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

If raccoons get into the trash or the recycle bin blows over I always get it all. Sucks but that's life.
That happens all the time,it does suck and I do have neighbors who have their trash kick over in high winds on trash day and don't pick up what blew out there,and it irks me because I'm down wind,which reminds me of the fall,I use my leaf blower and time to get rid of their leaves,because they don't, if I leave there's there leaves which will blow into my yard so I go into there yard and do it myself.which a favor to me by getting rid of there share of leaves....

Ahhh,fences make good neighbors. ...Why don't they put em up?

Old 03-13-2016, 11:46 AM   #7
Clammer

mind says yes . but body says impossible ....................... I,m think of getting a chair lift for Denny & I just to get down the ramp & in & out of the boat

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
Nebe

Don't chit where you sleep ..
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:07 PM   #9
5/0
Eels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Don't chit where you sleep ..
And eat.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #10
Guppy
User

Couple years ago I finds a note in my mailbox...
Dear neighbors ,,, blah blah blah... Something about keeping our yards clean...
I immediately put two nasty old beach chairs and a chit load of empty silver bullets all over my lawn and left them there for a couple weeks,,,, no more notes

I would pick up all the news paper as long as nobody told me to... :-)

Your truly, Neighbor from hell
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:06 AM   #11
Jimbo

I was a sanitation engineer on the Cape for about eight years as a yout and am sort of touchy about the whole trash removal thing (mine is like an art form). I think there's a lot of people who just don't have a clue and think that their taxes pay for the G-men to clean up their mess, or they just prefer to look the other way when their crap's blowing all over the neighborhood. After a high wind on recycling day when I take the dog out it's like a war zone with cans clinking down the street, newspapers in trees and shrubs and a lot of it isn't cleaned up for days.
A number of years back my new neighbor (real nice guy deep down), Zaki the Wacky Paki's trash got raided by a raccoon or something and his crap was spewing out all over in front of his house. Well first his wife left for work, slowed down, looked at it and drove off through it, then he did practically the same thing, but went around. Garbage guys took a lot of it but it was still a mess after. Couple days later they finally cleaned it up and later he told me he called the town and complained that they didn't pick his trash up. I said, "Really? You should have thanked them for as much as they did. Maybe thing about getting some metal garbage cans instead of using laundry baskets." That was all it took, but for some I guess it just doesn't sink in. (Their first snow in the neighborhood was even funnier, picture a family of four, not prepared for winter dress, sneakers, no gloves, out trying to shovel their driveway with boards leftover from when their house was built).
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:24 PM   #12
5/0
Eels

Haha yeah some really do not have a clue,boards...haha!

As for some people you give them an inch and they ask for a yard.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:44 PM   #13
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I've done a fair amount of travel and down south and out west where I did most of it, you just don't see the crap on the side of the road you see in this state of pigs. They have pick-ups too, but for whatever reason, they don't have litter lining every heavily traveled road in the state.

A few years back I really got into the faces of four teenagers I was driving behind in Pembroke one day. I'm behind a small sedan and suddenly our the windows on both sides go the big McDonalds cups and the bags of trash. Unfortunately for them, they pulled into a parking lot right after and boy didn't I light into them for being four ugly little piglets.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote