Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Fishing Charters and Guides » Bill -n- Juls Guide Service

Bill -n- Juls Guide Service From Boston Harbor to Cape Cod, Instructional Shore Fishing Guide Service

Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
Wink More Big Cow Stripers in Boston Harbor!!!

Well just when we thought the fishing could not get any better with big fish, we were wrong.

Wed. I did a scouting trip with a few friends to see if we could get back on those big bass from the weekend. We went out and still found mackerel pretty thick, jigged up a bunch for bait for the day and headed outside Boston Harbor to see if we could find those fish. Well there were still bass in the same area, we workod the area for a while, I boated a nice bass around 24 lbs, Joe caught a few nice keeper bass in the 32 inch range that we released, we also picked up a few blue fish and dogfish. Then I got a good run and lost the fish as she rolled in the leader and came off. Not 5 minutes later I was into a good fight, got the fish to the boat, netted her and she was a huge fat 45 1/2 inch 40 lb Striper. LIFE IS GOOD, Pam was up next and she also got a nice fat bass that was 26 1/2 lbs.

Thursday we had a Shared trip with a couple from PA and a local gentlemen and also a guy from Iowa, we had a bit of a slow start so we moved off the area and headed to a new spot. Just as we were getting ready to go lines in, I took a look around with the binocculars and found alot of birds working fish about a mile away. We ran down and put baits in and started working the area, there were fish popping up on the surface but we stuck to the bait trying to get down to bigger bass we were marking deep. We managed to get several keeper bass for the group. Then Dale from Iowa was up on the rod, the rod screemed line off and we actually had to go to the fish so he did not get spooled. Netted the fish and it was 47 1/2 inches and around 42-45 lbs as we did not have the scale with us. Dale could not beleive his eyes, he was pumped and had never even seen a fish that big.

All I can say is the bite is on and you never know how big of a fish you are going to get, that is 3 fish 40-45lbs in 4 days. unbeleivable. There are alot of fish around as well as bait and this is turning out to be one of the best years we have had in the harbor in about 3 years.

If you want to get out and play, give us a call as you never know what will end up on the end of your line!!!

You can see pictures of our recent big fish on our web site at Boston Saltwater Fishing by Bill and Jules - Home in the photo section.

We have plenty of openings for some great fishing so if you are interested give us a call or send us an email and we will get your out on the water!!!

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote