Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Fishing Charters and Guides » Bill -n- Juls Guide Service

Bill -n- Juls Guide Service From Boston Harbor to Cape Cod, Instructional Shore Fishing Guide Service

Old 07-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
Fisherwoman

Send a message via ICQ to Fisherwoman
Thumbs up Harbor fishing is Awesome right now!!!

Hi All, well after a slow start and not being able to get out much as Bill is still in the hospital and has been for almost 2 months now, hopefully we are getting him going in the right direction. He has had a very tough road and is now hopefully starting to heal and getting better by baby steps every day but at least he is headed forward not backward.

On the fish front things have really heated up over the past week and a half with hoards of bass and blues finally moving in to feed on all the bait that has been around for over a month. Last week we found a huge school of bass on the surface out side the harbor, we had loaded up the live well with tinker macs and had at it. We were on this school of fish for a couple of hours, ran out of bait and had to go get more and caught a ton more bass, we caught over 30 keeper striped bass between 28 and 33 inches and one nice fat 30 lber. It was an epic day and we thought we would not see that again even though a lot of fish had moved in that day the bass should soon be setting into the summer patterns and start to look for rock piles and islands to cling to.

We yesterday ended up better than the other day, we literally hammer the striped bass yesterday in Boston Harbor, I did not have any clients so I took out my nephew and his girlfriend for the day as I needed a break from the hospital.

We headed out at 5 am, went to jig up some mackerel, got the tank full and headed in search of some fish lips, we hit a few spots but nothing would play and then hit the mother load of all bassie days. We saw a bunch of boats working the north side of the harbor so we went over to take a peak, about 60 boats were on a large school of Stripers and Bluefish.

We used up all of our bait in just a few hours and then ended up going to light tackle top water, and it was the balls. We did a drift for over 2 hours and caught fish after fish after fish. We caught well over 60 bass yesterday and a handful of bluefish in the 10 lb range. All the bass were keepers except 3 but all cookie cutter size between 28 and 33 inches. No big bass, but they were there under the smaller bass eating all the scraps the little bass and big blues were puking up when they got hooked up.

It was insane to say the least as everywhere you looked the whole north side of Boston harbor had fish everywhere for as long as you could see, there had to be a 4 mile square area or bigger and everywhere you looked it was busting fish, bait flying in the are and scales all throught the water from the fish munching down on all the herring and macs thy could get in their mouths.

On a side note there were also some giant Blue fun tuna in the area as well as we had a giant come up right behind the boat, left a whole in the water like a boulder was thrown from the sky. So if you are looking to get out and have some fun, give us a call, we have plenty of great dates available to get you out on the water.

You can check the pictures out in the photo sections!!!
I will also be trying to put together some more shared trips over the coming weeks so look for posted dates here unless you are already on our shared trips email list. or if you want to be added to the list just send me an email and we will take care of the rest.
It was great to be out there yesterday, my heart and soul needed it bad and it was just what the doctor ordered for me!!!

Tight lines!!!
Jules

fisherwomen & baitcaster
Fisherwoman is offline   Reply With Quote