Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Is Bernie going to make this interesting?

He's closing, big time, in the national polls.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt1
Old 02-09-2016, 11:58 AM   #2
Jim in CT

I also thought it was interesting that Bill Clinton attacked Sanders in a speech this weekend, calling Sanders dishinest and sexist. Very interesting. Because as we all know, if there are two things that Bill Clinton is an expert on, it's honesty and chivalry.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
Nebe

What you saw with Bill was in my opinion an act of desperation.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-09-2016, 01:56 PM   #4
Raven

Hilary is not favored by Women....

Bill has a thirst for Power of the office
without any of the responsibilities....
Old 02-09-2016, 01:58 PM   #5
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Bernie appeals to Libs the same reason Trump appeals to conservatives.
People areally sick of the establishment and corruption!
Old 02-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
He's closing, big time, in the national polls.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt1
Ultimately, no. Once NH is done and we move on to S. Carolina I think things will fade a bit...

Some of his ideas I like, but he can't win a general. Electorally, he would probably on carry 10 or so states, and likely not the big ones needed. Sorry Nebe

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 02-09-2016, 02:13 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Ultimately, no. Once NH is done and we move on to S. Carolina I think things will fade a bit...

Some of his ideas I like, but he can't win a general. Electorally, he would probably on carry 10 or so states, and likely not the big ones needed. Sorry Nebe
"Once NH is done and we move on to S. Carolina I think things will fade a bit..."

That's what I thought, but I was basing that thought, on th efcat that he was 20 points behind her in national polls. He seems to have eliminated much of that. Will that translate into success in the south? I don't know. But I cannot believe how fast he narrowed that gap.

"but he can't win a general. Electorally, he would probably on carry 10 or so states, and likely not the big ones needed"

Also agreed. i don't think he could even beat Trump in a general. You can count my state of CT amongst the 10 he'd win, however.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:24 AM   #8
scottw

Hillary will choke the life out of Bernie with her bare hands before she loses another democratic nomination and opportunity to be her highness.....she's that crazy
Old 02-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #9
Nebe

Hahaha!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Bernie appeals to Libs the same reason Trump appeals to conservatives.
People areally sick of the establishment and corruption!
Trump has not had much of an appeal to conservatives in general and you only need to go to the National Review online and read the last months articles to verify that fact...

Trump has much more crossover appeal however.... again...I can't explain it..but there aren't many leaning right of middle that will support Bernie but there are many who lean left of middle who will support Trump....if you thinks he's stepping on toes now....he's doing so with the understanding that he needs his current opponents voters in the general, wait till he focuses on an opponent from another party(hopefully this will not be the case)...but it will be CRAZY!!...funny part is...if Trump was running as a democrat...they'd love him
Old 02-10-2016, 10:42 AM   #11
Nebe

There is nothing conservative about trump. Why would a "conservative" like him ?

I thought Rubio would be the conservatives pick but it's looking like that guy from Ohio is pulling ahead.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
There is nothing conservative about trump. Why would a "conservative" like him ?

I thought Rubio would be the conservatives pick but it's looking like that guy from Ohio is pulling ahead.
I believe the guy from Ohio (Kasich) set up a huge team in NH, and ignored many other states. I am very curious to see how Kasich and Rubio do head-to-head in SC.

"There is nothing conservative about trump. Why would a "conservative" like him ?"

Here's the correct answer to that...for the last 8 years, conservatives have sat by and watched Obama, Hilary, and every TV network (minus one) label us as racists, sexist, homophobic, Islamophobic, anti-Mexican, blood thirsty, anti-poor, gun clingers. In 2008, John McCain let Obama describe us that way, and refused to hit back. In 2012, Mitt Romney let Obama describe us that way, and refused to hit back. Many conservatives simply want someone who won't be shy about hitting back, even if it means hitting below the belt. Additonally, conservative voters gave the GOP control of Congress, and we watched those people do just about nohting that they said they would do. So about 35% of conservative voters want to shake things up.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #13
chuckg

Bryan, Sadly I agree. Although folks are fed up with the same old same old that HC brings to the table, the majority of voters are unwilling to understand what social democracy is and how it works in many developed nations. I will vote for the lesser of two evils which may be HC but would rather it be Bernie. BTW, watch Jeb Bush as this process moves forward…
Old 02-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #14
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckg View Post
Bryan, Sadly I agree. Although folks are fed up with the same old same old that HC brings to the table, the majority of voters are unwilling to understand what social democracy is and how it works in many developed nations. I will vote for the lesser of two evils which may be HC but would rather it be Bernie. BTW, watch Jeb Bush as this process moves forward…
I suspect Republican candidates never have a chance with you since you only mention Hillary or great grandpa Sanders.