Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-16-2020, 08:13 AM   #31
PaulS

Biden campaign is rolling in some much $ they bought 60 min. of prime time advertising on all 3 networks.....

And are donating it to Trump so he can go on live.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:01 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

I heard they paid NBC to give Covita time last night
And some are complaining they asked him tough questions

When did you get sick
Should you wear a mask
Do you believe in herd immunity
Why share a Bin Laden conspiracy
Do you denounce QAnon
Will you accept losing
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #33
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I heard they paid NBC to give Covita time last night
And some are complaining they asked him tough questions

When did you get sick
Should you wear a mask
Do you believe in herd immunity
Why share a Bin Laden conspiracy
Do you denounce QAnon
Will you accept losing
He lost the suburban female vote with his “cute” comment.

Although I loved the “You can’t just retweet like somebody’s Crazy Uncle...” retort.

Trumbo is literally America’s drunken Uncle Si.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 10-16-2020, 09:51 AM   #34
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
The irony of this is palpable, as you are on here all the time saying you dislike Trump as a person, but like the results.

As far as the emails; I will withhold opinion. The recent reports of Rudy being worked by Russian intelligence makes the sourcing questionable.

Do I think Hunter is a POS, yes, and that is unfortunate given the other (deceased) brother's accomplishments. I also think Don Jr and Eric are #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s. As of now that hasn't disqualified anyone running for POTUS. If it shows something real in these emails, then the DOJ would have come knocking already...
there’s zero irony, literally zero, because unlike every liberal here except probably you, i can admit the moral flaws of the guy on my side.

so are you saying you concede their was influence selling by the biden’s but you’re willing to overlook it? that would be honest. i doubt you’ll hear wdmso it spence it paul or pete day that, they can’t. onlybteump can bad.

oh, you’ll withhold opinion on biden!!! seems you don’t have a problem offering opinions on trump.

et tu, bryan? et tu?

you guys are all exactly the same.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:53 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Moth meet flame
couldn’t answer the question, i see. shocker.
Old 10-16-2020, 09:58 AM   #36
Pete F.
Canceled

So just so I follow this story:

Hunter Biden, who lives in Los Angeles, decides to fly 3000 miles across country, to drop off 3 MacBook Pros at a repair shop run by a blind guy who charges the insanely low price of $85.

He gets off the plane and drunk drives to the repair shop (because there aren't repair shops in LA). He drops them off, signs a contract for repair and then disappears. The repair shop owner recovers and reads Hunter's (private) emails, a few of which mention a possible meeting with his dad and is so alarmed, he contacts the FBI.

The FBI arranges to pick up the hard drives, but the computer repair shop owner takes a totally normal step of copying them. Once he realizes the FBI isn't doing anything with them, he calls up the most credible ex-Mayor on Earth and hands them the contents of these drives.

That totally credible ex-Mayor sits on them for months, then chooses to release them 3 weeks before the election. The mainstream media asks to independently verify their validity but said ex-Mayor does what all people trying to prove facts do and ignores these requests.

Is this how stupid we are now?

No one who does data recovery would read through thousands of personal emails, even if the computer is abandoned. You'd just wipe the drives clean and sell the computers used.

If these emails were as alarming as it's being pushed, Giuliani wouldn't have sat on them for months.

And if Giuliani wanted to prove their validity, he'd turn them over to forensic experts.

The best thing you can say is that this account is not physically impossible, in that it does not violate any laws of nature or require any discontinuity in the space-time continuum and it just goes to show that the Russians aren't the best story writers but they're trying.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:

Hunter Biden, who lives in Los Angeles, decides to fly 3000 miles across country, to drop off 3 MacBook Pros at a repair shop run by a blind guy who charges the insanely low price of $85.

He gets off the plane and drunk drives to the repair shop (because there aren't repair shops in LA). He drops them off, signs a contract for repair and then disappears. The repair shop owner recovers and reads Hunter's (private) emails, a few of which mention a possible meeting with his dad and is so alarmed, he contacts the FBI.

The FBI arranges to pick up the hard drives, but the computer repair shop owner takes a totally normal step of copying them. Once he realizes the FBI isn't doing anything with them, he calls up the most credible ex-Mayor on Earth and hands them the contents of these drives.

That totally credible ex-Mayor sits on them for months, then chooses to release them 3 weeks before the election. The mainstream media asks to independently verify their validity but said ex-Mayor does what all people trying to prove facts do and ignores these requests.

No one who does data recovery would read through thousands of personal emails, even if the computer is abandoned. You'd just wipe the drives clean and sell the computers used.

If these emails were as alarming as it's being pushed, Giuliani wouldn't have sat on them for months.

And if Giuliani wanted to prove their validity, he'd turn them over to forensic experts.

The best thing you can say is that this account is not physically impossible, in that it does not violate any laws of nature or require any discontinuity in the space-time continuum and it just goes to show that the Russians aren't the best story writers but they're trying.
hunter biden slept with his dead brothers widow ( come on, who among us hasn’t done that), then fathered a child with a stripper and despite his millions, didn’t pay child support until a judge ordered him to. but you are claiming he wouldn’t do anything that doesn’t make sense.

okee-dokee.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #38
spence

Quote:

You forgot the part that the computer repair guy allegedly believed it was Hunter Biden's laptop because it had a Beau Biden Foundation sticker on it.

This story is laughable.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #39
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
there’s zero irony, literally zero, because unlike every liberal here except probably you, i can admit the moral flaws of the guy on my side.

so are you saying you concede their was influence selling by the biden’s but you’re willing to overlook it? that would be honest. i doubt you’ll hear wdmso it spence it paul or pete day that, they can’t. onlybteump can bad.

oh, you’ll withhold opinion on biden!!! seems you don’t have a problem offering opinions on trump.

et tu, bryan? et tu?

you guys are all exactly the same.
#^&#^&#^&#^& off Jim.
Show me where I have said I am idealizing Biden and won’t hold him to any standards. Your projecting again.

Am I willing to overlook flaws over Trump? #^&#^&#^&#^& yes. He (Trump) is incapable of doing the job in my mind. Period.

Given the source of the claims yes I will withhold judgement. I already said I think Hunter is a POS. Was he treading on dads name? Probably. Given the nepotisim in the White House it is hard to say the Trump kids are not doing the same thing. If hunter was acting illegally or Biden was involved do you think Barr and the DOJ wouldn’t be all over this? Rudy has shredded his dignity and credibility at this point, which is sad given his record after 9/11. Hell Trump was briefed Rudy was being worked by Russian intelligence If it is a sketchy democratic source on Trump I tend to wait and see. But go ahead and lump me in with Pete ER al...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-16-2020, 10:43 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:

Show me where I have said I am idealizing Biden and won’t hold him to any standards.

he didn't say that you said that...this is part of the problem here he said you said you were holding off judgment on the emails which is what you said "As far as the emails; I will with hold opinion."
Old 10-16-2020, 10:45 AM   #41
scottw

Quote:

okee-dokee.

from the dummies that believed the steele dossier
Old 10-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #42
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he didn't say that you said that...this is part of the problem here he said you said you were holding off judgment on the emails which is what you said "As far as the emails; I will with hold opinion."
No he asked if I was willing to overlook things. I answered that pretty clearly I think.

Off to eat lunch and walk to dog before meetings all afternoon. Play nice guys!

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-16-2020, 10:49 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Well when your campaign has become a rolling fiasco, demonstrating that underappreciated political maxim: When you’re a one-trick politician with a personality disorder, your luck runs out.

He screwed up one debate, backed out of the next, blew up stimulus negotiations, contracted COVID-19, turned the White House into a coronavirus hotspot, and commenced a national tour of potential superspreader events.
Then to top it off has Colludy and his buddies Parnas and Fruman scum hunting in Ukraine and they come up with Russian misinformation.

Hey, emails worked last time
Old 10-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:
No he asked if I was willing to overlook things. I answered that pretty clearly I think.

Off to eat lunch and walk to dog before meetings all afternoon. Play nice guys!
the claims simply reinforce much of what is already known....hunter is a crack head that managed to get paid BIG BIG bucks because his dad was appointed "front man" in many countries around the world and if joe didn't know... he must be much further down the dementia road that we are aware of
Old 10-16-2020, 10:57 AM   #45
scottw

Quote:

Well when your campaign has become a rolling fiasco

he keeps a pretty busy schedule....seems biden can only muster a couple hours a week
Old 10-16-2020, 11:23 AM   #46
Pete F.
Canceled

Broke, now Covita’s milking the taxpayers to finance his campaign.

His campaign slashed another $1.1 million in reserved ad time in the Minneapolis-St. Paul TV market this week (initially $1.25 million, now $129,000).

Initially reserved 812 ads, now airing just 49.

Continues a six-week trend.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:29 AM   #47
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
from the dummies that believed the steele dossier
and every bit of nonsense the democrats threw out there during the kananaugh hearings
Old 10-16-2020, 11:30 AM   #48
scottw

Quote:
Broke, now Covita’s milking the taxpayers to finance his campaign.

His campaign slashed another $1.1 million in reserved ad time in the Minneapolis-St. Paul TV market this week (initially $1.25 million, now $129,000).

Initially reserved 812 ads, now airing just 49.

Continues a six-week trend.
I'm rooting for your sanity pete...
Old 10-16-2020, 12:11 PM   #49
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
hunter biden slept with his dead brothers widow ( come on, who among us hasn’t done that), then fathered a child with a stripper and despite his millions, didn’t pay child support until a judge ordered him to. but you are claiming he wouldn’t do anything that doesn’t make sense.

okee-dokee.
Do you judge all people by the character of their offspring? I have a couple friends who are great honest people of character, who unfortunately have sons or daughters who are absolutely the worst individuals. I sympathize with their constant battles to contain or clean up after them, but I don’t judge the parents by the actions of their kids. Also Hunter isn’t running for president or did I miss something? Following all the conspiracy theories is a fools quest.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #50
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Do you judge all people by the character of their offspring?
this offspring and all of his issues seems to make a ton of money where ever the government sends daddy...
Old 10-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #51
Pete F.
Canceled

Got to get out of Faux world once in a while

How Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric Trump Have Profited Off Their Dad's Presidency

Those Foreign Business Ties? The Trump Sons Have Plenty Too

Trump’s children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden’s son
Old 10-16-2020, 12:50 PM   #52
detbuch

Quote:
Got to get out of Faux world once in a while

How Don Jr., Ivanka, and Eric Trump Have Profited Off Their Dad's Presidency

Those Foreign Business Ties? The Trump Sons Have Plenty Too

Trump’s children take in millions overseas as president slams Biden’s son
How does this make Biden better, fitter, more honest, less dangerous?
Old 10-16-2020, 12:52 PM   #53
Pete F.
Canceled

Only one of the candidates is in debt and upside down to boot
Old 10-16-2020, 01:07 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
Only one of the candidates is in debt and upside down to boot
Only one of the candidates is in the camp of those who wish to transform America from a constitutional republic into an all powerful administrative bureaucracy. And Trump's finances are not totally known but greatly conjectured.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:24 PM   #55
Pete F.
Canceled

Today would be a good day for him to release his taxes
Old 10-16-2020, 02:23 PM   #56
detbuch

Quote:
Today would be a good day for him to release his taxes
The end of November, or maybe January would be good. Or never is OK.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:28 PM   #57
Pete F.
Canceled

The state attorney in New York will have them before long

Last edited by Pete F.; 10-16-2020 at 03:15 PM..
Old 10-16-2020, 02:29 PM   #58
detbuch

Quote:
The state attorney in New York have them before long
Well there you go.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:47 PM   #59
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Do you judge all people by the character of their offspring? I have a couple friends who are great honest people of character, who unfortunately have sons or daughters who are absolutely the worst individuals. I sympathize with their constant battles to contain or clean up after them, but I don’t judge the parents by the actions of their kids. Also Hunter isn’t running for president or did I miss something? Following all the conspiracy theories is a fools quest.
i think most, not all of the time, you can tell an awful lot about someone from their kids.

but if you have an honest 5 year old
read my post to you, you’ll
see i wasn’t saying anything about joe. pete was saying that hunter wouldn’t be so
stupid as to do what he’s accused of doing. i was impeaching hunters character ( and quite well) not joes.

are you saying hunters actions
dont say anything about hunter?

just what is in that kool
aid?
Old 10-16-2020, 07:36 PM   #60
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
i think most, not all of the time, you can tell an awful lot about someone from their kids.

but if you have an honest 5 year old
read my post to you, you’ll
see i wasn’t saying anything about joe. pete was saying that hunter wouldn’t be so
stupid as to do what he’s accused of doing. i was impeaching hunters character ( and quite well) not joes.

are you saying hunters actions
dont say anything about hunter?

just what is in that kool
aid?
I don’t care about Hunter, I’m not electing a Biden family, unlike what happened with the Trump clan coming into power, even without security clearance. Trump is a con, a poser, a failed businessman and he has failed in his new reality series. My vote has been cast, if you want to buy into the latest conspiracy theories have fun.