Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-19-2021, 05:24 PM   #211
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

"Here's an aggressive strategy," the message began. "Why can't Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and other Republican-controlled state houses declare this is B.S. (where conflicts and election not called that night) and just send their own electors to vote."

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
you mean, kind of like the way democrats use superdelegates in their primaries?

That way the democrats don’t have to be inconvenienced by, you know, democracy.

I’m so old, I remember the aftermath of the 2016 election, when democrats were urging electors not to cast their votes for Trump.

Boy oh boy, I’d give a shiny new penny to know what you had to say about that at the time.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:16 PM   #212
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

I’m so old, I remember the aftermath of the 2016 election, when democrats were urging electors not to cast their votes for Trump.
I'm older, so you can add 2000 and 2004 to that too......

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 12-19-2021, 06:27 PM   #213
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I'm older, so you can add 2000 and 2004 to that too......
all of a sudden, democrats are known for their ability to lose gracefully.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:30 PM   #214
wdmso

Quote:
you mean, kind of like the way democrats use superdelegates in their primaries?

That way the democrats don’t have to be inconvenienced by, you know, democracy.

Boy oh boy, I’d give a shiny new penny to know what you had to say about that at the time.
Still keeping the lie alive wow your 1 patriotic American!
Old 12-19-2021, 07:30 PM   #215
wdmso

President Joe Biden has done a “horrible job” against COVID-19 — and one reason people are refusing to take the vaccine is because they don’t trust him, former President Donald Trump says in a new interview.

Trump also explained why he never fired infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, who was a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force — arguing that he just simply ignored his advice.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #216
Jim in CT

Quote:
Still keeping the lie alive wow your 1 patriotic American!
what lie am i keeping alive? i’ve sId a thousand times i think got creamed fair and square, and it was largely his own fault..

you’re the one lying, implying that it’s only the gop who can’t admit defeat. tell that to stacey abrams.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #217
Jim in CT

Quote:
President Joe Biden has done a “horrible job” against COVID-19 — and one reason people are refusing to take the vaccine is because they don’t trust him, former President Donald Trump says in a new interview.

Trump also explained why he never fired infectious disease expert Dr. Anthony Fauci, who was a leader of the White House Coronavirus Task Force — arguing that he just simply ignored his advice.
Biden inherited wide scale testing and vaccination. he also inherited a years worth of global experience and knowledge. yet deaths are up. if increased deaths isn’t the sign of a bad job, i’d sure hate to see what you’d call a bad job.

“But Trump!!!”.

Every single time Biden screws up, your reaction is “ but Trump”.

What are you afraid would happen if you just admitted Biden made some huge mistakes? why do you have to pretend Biden is flawless?

Old 12-19-2021, 08:44 PM   #218
wdmso

Quote:
what lie am i keeping alive? i’ve sId a thousand times i think got creamed fair and square, and it was largely his own fault..

you’re the one lying, implying that it’s only the gop who can’t admit defeat. tell that to stacey abrams.
Republicans were able to get two objections formally considered in 2021

How many did the Dems get ZERO

But please keep looking at these issues as if they totally separate and unrelated

It’s called denial
Old 12-19-2021, 08:49 PM   #219
wdmso

Quote:
Biden inherited wide scale testing and vaccination. he also inherited a years worth of global experience and knowledge. yet deaths are up. if increased deaths isn’t the sign of a bad job, i’d sure hate to see what you’d call a bad job.

“But Trump!!!”.

Every single time Biden screws up, your reaction is “ but Trump”.

What are you afraid would happen if you just admitted Biden made some huge mistakes? why do you have to pretend Biden is flawless?

Who said But Trump? These are his statements your stable genius

And The Biden administration is failing on testing …big time . Just go try to get one near impossible in a timely fashion
Old 12-19-2021, 11:29 PM   #220
Pete F.
Canceled

Sarah Palin showed up at Turning Point USA in Phoenix this morning to tell that crowd “it will be over my dead body” that she gets vaccinated. Then she encourages others to “stiffen their spines” and fight back. “There is an empowerment in a group like this where we can kind of feed off each other.”

But mainstream republicans aren’t anti vacc
Old 12-20-2021, 07:14 AM   #221
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who said But Trump?
you did. You questioned why anyone could say biden has done a horrible
job with the virus, i listed a few reasons why someone conclude that, and you immediately responded with “Trump is bad.”

read your post.
Old 12-20-2021, 07:17 AM   #222
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who said But Trump? These are his statements your stable genius

And The Biden administration is failing on testing …big time . Just go try to get one near impossible in a timely fashion
it is just about impossible to get one here near Hartford, within 24 hours. didn’t used to be.

i’m not saying that’s biden’s fault. but it’s absolutely true.

i found out yesterday, that the doctor i saw last week, tested positive, so i should test. soonest i could get was tuesday. i looked yesterday ( sunday) couldn’t get a test until
tuesday. that’s a fact whether you like it or not.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:13 AM   #223
wdmso

Quote:
it is just about impossible to get one here near Hartford, within 24 hours. didn’t used to be.

i’m not saying that’s biden’s fault. but it’s absolutely true.

i found out yesterday, that the doctor i saw last week, tested positive, so i should test. soonest i could get was tuesday. i looked yesterday ( sunday) couldn’t get a test until
tuesday. that’s a fact whether you like it or not.
its Bidens fault they sat on their hands and got complacent like many Americans Have. was in walmart maybe 50/50 split on masks and with all the experts telling Americans what's coming and seems many have tuned out

"This Omicron variant is extraordinarily contagious. It's as contagious as measles, and that's about the most contagious virus that we've seen,

still People like Sarah Palin when she had covid said "I strongly encourage everyone to use common sense to avoid spreading this and every other virus out there," and reported her dad got his 2nd shot

But now she's claiming Natural immunity is the key .. to her followers

“It’ll be over my dead body that I’ll have to get a shot. I will not do it. I won’t do it, and they better not touch my kids, either.”

odd all but one of her kids is an adult
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	infographic-measles-contagious.png
Views:	83
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	68630  
Old 12-20-2021, 08:33 AM   #224
Jim in CT

Quote:
its Bidens fault they sat on their hands and got complacent like many Americans Have. was in walmart maybe 50/50 split on masks and with all the experts telling Americans what's coming and seems many have tuned out

"This Omicron variant is extraordinarily contagious. It's as contagious as measles, and that's about the most contagious virus that we've seen,

still People like Sarah Palin when she had covid said "I strongly encourage everyone to use common sense to avoid spreading this and every other virus out there," and reported her dad got his 2nd shot

But now she's claiming Natural immunity is the key .. to her followers

“It’ll be over my dead body that I’ll have to get a shot. I will not do it. I won’t do it, and they better not touch my kids, either.”

odd all but one of her kids is an adult
i said very specifically, that it’s not all Biden’s fault. So as usual, i’m not sure who you’re responding to.

Some of it is biden’s fault. his policies ( mandates and mandatory testing) will obviously drastically increase crease the demand for tests, but he didn’t expand the testing infastructure he inherited, to accommodate the increased demand. a year ago, i could get a year the same day i wanted one. today i wait almost 48 hours.

It happened on his watch, and he did contribute to it a little.

there are tons of influential republicans who advocate the shots. you pretend they don’t exist, because you can’t accept the reality that they’re not all morons

i could quite maxine waters all day long, but she’s one kooky moron, she doesn’t speak for you or for any other democrats.

you do that a lot. you find a quote from some fringe, non-influential republican who is a kook and a moron, and you act as if they speak for all of us.

you have just as many lunatics in the left. but i’m honest enough to know they don’t speak for anyone but themselves.

Hank Johnson is an elected democrat congressmen. when he was told they wanted to build a military base in guam, he wondered if it would make guam tip over. he literally said that. that’s beyond stupid. does he speak for you?

Sarah Palin has zero influence in the gop. None.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:52 AM   #225
Jim in CT

wdmso, in highly vaccinated maine, 59% of covid deaths in october, were people who were fully vaccinated.

Maine senator susan collins asked Faucci why that is, he had no answer, because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity.

the #^&#^&#^&#^& isn’t a billet proof vest. it’s a lot better then nothing. but it’s not what we need. we need something better.

https://edfolsomlaw.com/2021/10/brea...s-10-15-10-22/
Old 12-20-2021, 09:35 AM   #226
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, in highly vaccinated maine, 59% of covid deaths in october, were people who were fully vaccinated.

Maine senator susan collins asked Faucci why that is, he had no answer, because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity.

the #^&#^&#^&#^& isn’t a billet proof vest. it’s a lot better then nothing. but it’s not what we need. we need something better.

https://edfolsomlaw.com/2021/10/brea...s-10-15-10-22/
Dr. Fauci has been NIAID director during six presidencies, including Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barrack Obama and Donald Trump. He has testified before the U.S. Congress about every major public health crisis since 1984, including HIV/AIDS, Ebola, anthrax, and COVID-19.

because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity. ya ok keep up the smear campaign and attacks on intellectuals.. as if you would or the maga universe would believe the next guy

funny Jim i watch the clip and heard his answer which was over a month ago I am curious . what should he have said ?

breakthrough COVID-19 deaths of the fully vaccinated were 13 of Maine’s 22 deaths

Maine Hospitalization Data as of yesterday

The Maine CDC reported a record 384 Mainers were in the hospital with COVID-19 as of Sunday. Of those, a pandemic record-high of 133 are in an intensive care unit, up from Saturday's count of 115. 68 patients were on a ventilator on Sunday.

There were 51 ICU beds available statewide, including 11 pediatric. no data on vax status or underlying issues

“This is clearly a surge of the unvaccinated,” said Dr. Joan Boomsma, chief medical officer for MaineHealth, which operates a network of 10 hospitals, including Maine Medical Center in Portland. he must not be Truthful when he said This is clearly a surge of the unvaccinated ?

l Just look at Michigan seems they are having a similar trend Please note the Michigan example shows those with underlying conditions The Maine example is just a number and incomplete

it funny how the right is somehow trying to focus on breaktru infections not the unvaccinated Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), said last week, “We know — and the data is very clear at this point — covid vaxxes are not preventing infection.” Nov 18

“The vaccinated can spread the virus as efficiently as anybody else,” Carlson claimed. “So what is the justification for these mandates at this point?”

Berenson responded that “there’s just no evidence that the vaccines halt infection or transmission in any way.”

“the vaccine does not prevent you from getting covid and does not prevent you from transmitting covid.” so in a nutshell why get the vaccine

The vaccines are effective at preventing serious illness and death, but they are not a golden shield against the coronavirus. this has been the messaging from day one unless your a republican

Last edited by wdmso; 12-20-2021 at 10:01 AM..
Old 12-20-2021, 10:09 AM   #227
wdmso

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R)said last week, “We know — and the data is very clear at this point — covid vaxxes are not preventing infection.”

Tucker Carlson welcomed anti-vaccine activist Alex Berenson on his show yet again.
Berenson responded that “there’s just no evidence that the vaccines halt infection or transmission in any way.”

So the message is clear dont get the vaccine or you dont need it Republicans will do and say anything for a Vote.... but that vote might not make it out the ICU

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...talking-point/
Old 12-20-2021, 10:15 AM   #228
Jim in CT

Quote:
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R)said last week, “We know — and the data is very clear at this point — covid vaxxes are not preventing infection.”

Tucker Carlson welcomed anti-vaccine activist Alex Berenson on his show yet again.

So the message is clear dont get the vaccine or you dont need it Republicans will do and say anything for a Vote.... but that vote might not make it out the ICU

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...talking-point/
wrong.

i agree, there’s very little data to suggest the vaccines halt spreading infection. So Berenson is correct.

the benefit of the vaccine is to keep you from getting really sick, after you’ve been infected.

i don’t believe that getting vaccinated makes me a lot less likely to get covid. I do believe it reduces y chances of dying from it.

although how do you explain what happened in maine with so many deaths among the fully vaccinated? what’s yuur response to that?

What Desantis and Tuckers guest said, is true. but as usual, you canon accept truths which don’t support liberalism.

why do you have to pretend it’s wrong to say vaccines don’t prevent the spread of infection?

what are you afraid will happen if you just admit it?
Old 12-20-2021, 10:24 AM   #229
Jim in CT

WDMSO, if you believe that truth is important when dealing with pandemic, consider what Biden said this weekend...

"If you're vaccinated, and you have your booster shot, you're protected from severe illness and death".

As I posted, 59% of Maine deaths in October were from people who were fully vaccinated.

So you tell me if Bidens statement is truthful or not. I'll wait. What Desantis said (which you posted), is true. What Biden said, is not. How can you deny that with a straight face.

He promised during the campaign to beat the virus (also to cure cancer). Yet deaths are increasing. If that's beating the virus, man I'd hate to see what "losing to the virus" looks like.
Old 12-20-2021, 11:21 AM   #230
spence

Quote:
because he’s an empty suit idiot who is waaay too caught up in his own celebrity.
Are you trying to make yourself look stupid?
Old 12-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #231
spence

Quote:
wrong.

i agree, there’s very little data to suggest the vaccines halt spreading infection. So Berenson is correct.
Actually according to the CDC there is. Yet you are taking the word of a crackpot novelist.

Are you TRYING to make yourself look stupid again?
Old 12-20-2021, 11:54 AM   #232
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Actually according to the CDC there is. Yet you are taking the word of a crackpot novelist.

Are you TRYING to make yourself look stupid again?
tell me why 59% of maines deaths in october, came from fully vaccinated folks.

tell me why many college campuses with at least 99% vaccination rates, are having outbreaks.

i’m going by the facts i see reported. i dont blindly believe anyone. that’s what you guys do, not me. stop projecting.

i await your explanations for the number of breakthrough cases we are, in segments of our population that are vaccinated.

i’m vaccinated and getting my booster tomorrow. i’m not anti vaccine. but it’s not the shield against transmission that we hoped it was. but if it’s still a decent defense against death, that’s more than enough reason to take it. but i’m concerned about maines deaths among the fully vaccinated, as you would be if you weren’t a brain dead cult member who can’t question anything said by any democrat because you’re too busy having orgasms when any democrat speaks.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-20-2021 at 12:01 PM..
Old 12-20-2021, 11:56 AM   #233
Jim in CT

Quote:
Are you trying to make yourself look stupid?
Faucci works in an office with a huge, massive, oil painting of, wait for it…himself.

that’s not narcissistic.

he’s a moron who has flip flopped on almost every single issue related to this virus, and who obviously misled the world about the NIH funding the lab where it most likely originated from.
Old 12-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #234
Jim in CT

Spence -

look at MN. Just since November 14, Minnesota has had 125,000 covid cases among the vaccinated, with 938 deaths among the vaccinated.

Now, I'm certain the deaths would be higher if no one was vaccinated. But if one state has 125,000 covid cases among vaccinated people in one month, that tells me that it's pretty easy to catch covid even if you're vaccinated. I'm sure you're less likely to get it than if you weren't vaccinated, but it's still common to get covid if you're vaccinated. Only a rabid partisan would deny that.

Anyway, Biden promised to beat the vaccine and also to cure cancer, so I'm sure he'll accomplish both in the next 3 years. Right?

https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...stats/vbt.html
Old 12-20-2021, 02:07 PM   #235
scottw

Quote:

that tells me that it's pretty easy to catch covid even if you're vaccinated. I'm sure you're less likely to get it than if you weren't vaccinated,

]
I bet an unvaccinated person wearing a mask is less likely to get it and transmit it than an unmasked fully vaccinated person
Old 12-20-2021, 03:30 PM   #236
spence

Quote:
tell me why 59% of maines deaths in october, came from fully vaccinated folks.
I don't think that statistic is very meaningful. Maine has had a super low covid death rate and is one of the most vaccinated states in the country. It would only make sense to see a higher percentage of breakthrough cases.

Quote:
tell me why many college campuses with at least 99% vaccination rates, are having outbreaks.
Because mutations are more transmissible and college students don't tend to follow rules very well.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:52 PM   #237
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't think that statistic is very meaningful.
i’m sure the people who got vaccinated yet died, take great comfort in knowing that you don’t find it important.

MN had over 100,000 breakthrough cases in a month.

Meaningful numbers of vaccinated people are getting covid. i’m very sorry if you don’t find that fact to be politically convenient when you’re clinging to a potus who’s drowning in bad news. It’s a fact whether you happen to like it or not, and lying about it does no good.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:39 PM   #238
Pete F.
Canceled

Next we’ll hear some evidence that insurance isn’t worthwhile because it doesn’t totally prevent loss.
Why even have insurance if you can still have a loss.
Apparently there’s lots of foolish people around.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:43 PM   #239
wdmso

Typical response from Jim he says he’s pro vaccine but regurgitates right wing talking points and a fauci’s a clown.

Just as I said conservatives talking about break tru infections as if what happening with the unvaccinated is remotely the same thing

I see you paid no attention to the measles attachment and how it applys to omicron spread

Or the Michigan hospital break down https://www.uofmhealth.org/coronavirus/covid19-numbers

So here it is again

Data for December 20, 2021

Total patients hospitalized: 86 (54*)
Vaccinated: 34 (23*)
Unvaccinated:52 (31*)
Patients in the ICU: 39 (28*)
Vaccinated: 10 (8*)
Unvaccinated: 29 (20*)
Patients on ventilators: 27 (19*)
Vaccinated: 8 (7*)
Unvaccinated: 19 (12*)

Three-quarters of Michigan's COVID-19 patients unvaccinated, hospital group says
But but breaktru infections are some how the bigger issue

And yet you speak of and suggest what Ron said was just the Truth LOL

You appear to lack perspective why there is another global Covid wave and to suggest that some how Biden promising to beat the virus just like beating cancer is not a worthy aspiration and he is expected do it alone. Reeks of political convenience after all we have seen who and what party ignored Covid and the steps suggested to fight it and whom still think it’s just going to disappear
Old 12-20-2021, 08:45 PM   #240
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i’m sure the people who got vaccinated yet died, take great comfort in knowing that you don’t find it important.

MN had over 100,000 breakthrough cases in a month.

Meaningful numbers of vaccinated people are getting covid. i’m very sorry if you don’t find that fact to be politically convenient when you’re clinging to a potus who’s drowning in bad news. It’s a fact whether you happen to like it or not, and lying about it does no good.
“Our hospitals are filled with patients with COVID and we’re struggling,” Dr. Brook Watts of @metrohealthCLE in Cleveland tells @JohnBerman on @AC360.

“We continue to see most of our patients, particularly our patients in the ICU, are unvaccinated.”

Latest CDC data by vaccine status:

Unvaccinated: 451 cases per 100k
Vaccinated: 134 cases per 100k
Boosted: 48 cases per 100k

Unvaccinated: 6.1 deaths per 100k
Vaccinated: 0.5 deaths per 100k
Boosted: 0.1 deaths per 100k

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin