Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
JackK
Not Jack

Shocked

Reid Names Vick Starting Quarterback - Philadelphia Eagles

I know there aren't many eagles fans on here... But this really blows my mind...
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Kevin, you're kidding, right? I can't believe he wasn't named the starter in the post game press conference.... He has paid his debt, and seems a changed man from the outside. That will suffice for the team to make a decision that will win more games. (Hell, half the UMiami players in the league are lucky they aren't in jail...) Win. And that is all that matters in the NFL. You do remember a guy named Bledsoe, don't you?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
JackK
Not Jack

I'm just shocked that they benched the guy that they moved the best franchise QB in history for after only 10 pass attempts (of which 3 were post-concussion).

I have no issues with Vick, you're right, he paid his dues. I just never expected the Eagles to make a move like this- But I guess you can't take anything for granted in the NFL. I (and many others) assumed this year would be the unspoken bridge year for the birds, but with the mediocrity being displayed thus far in the NFCE, along with our OL looking like swiss cheese, Vick definitely gives us the best chance to make a run for a division title and a playoff spot.

I think that if they put Kolb in, he'd probably end up shell shocked like Carr did playing behind that line in Houston.

But, knowing Andy Reid and the Eagles FO, this conference is just a way to inflate Vick's trade value and they'll try and move him before the deadline and net a high pick in return. Who knows?
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackK View Post

But, knowing Andy Reid and the Eagles FO, this conference is just a way to inflate Vick's trade value and they'll try and move him before the deadline and net a high pick in return. Who knows?
couldn't agree more, build him up and turn him out

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
EarnedStripes44

I'm going to be cautious here: Mike Vick has only played two games. But he looks outstanding.
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #6
EarnedStripes44

PS: go phillies
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote