Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-07-2016, 07:23 AM   #1
ecduzitgood
time to go

After 80 years of Democrats

Insanity= doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wounded-w...124721288.html

http://m.townhall.com/columnists/lar...ntrol-n1985661
Old 09-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #2
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Insanity= doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wounded-w...124721288.html

http://m.townhall.com/columnists/lar...ntrol-n1985661
What a well-organized community Chicago is. Whoever the community organizers there are, they are sure doing a great job, aren't they? I think they all deserve a big promotion, don't you?

You can say the same thing about any major American city run by liberals for decades - Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport, Baltimore, Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee...unless you are starting with a place that has more money than it knows what to do with, this is the end result of liberalism. Riots and bankruptcy. How many times does liberalism need to end in failure, before we can collectively say, "it sounds great to take from the swells and give to the poor, but the reality is, it doesn't work in the long run"? What purpose does it serve, to ignore the empirical evidence which tells us that it's bad policy?

I was a registered Democrat in college, because I believed it was just to take from the rich and give to the poor. Then I saw the results in places that had been doing precisely that for 40 years, and I changed my mind.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan (the liberal Democrat senator from NY) was 100% correct when he predicted, in the 1960s, that liberal welfare would produce these exact results. He was excoriated for predicting disaster, but it turns out he was correct.

Today, liberals act like we don't know that liberalism is an abject failure. Keep your fingers in your ears, and your eyes closed, folks...
Old 09-08-2016, 05:00 AM   #3
wdmso

With out Chicago or Detroit how would you you survive and be able to keep up your innuendoes .. you think if throw in the word Democrats and the innuendoes go away
Old 09-08-2016, 05:35 AM   #4
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
With out Chicago or Detroit how would you you survive and be able to keep up your innuendoes .. you think if throw in the word Democrats and the innuendoes go away
Jim mentioned several cities . Do we really need a lengthy list to get the point across ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-08-2016, 06:35 AM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

The children of Chicago......
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...y.html?ref=yfp
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The entire state of CT (one of the richest states in the nation, in terms of average income) is going bankrupt. Everyone knows this, and everyone knows why - because liberals spent as much as they could, to buy as many votes as possible, from the labor unions. Massachusetts has crushing debt. Same with Rhode Island. Same with Illinois. You tell me, are these red states or blue states?

Not every blue state is a disaster, not every red state is a utopia. But the general trend, is that people who have the ability to provide for themselves, are fleeing blue states, and moving to red states (GA, FL, the Carolinas).

Liberals can never, ever, admit that the other side has a point. Ever. It's amazing.

They are not innuendoes, they are observable facts. You can't spend more than you have. And you can't force out the workers, and attract nothing but welfare recipients and illegals. It just doesn't work. It has a failure rate very close to, if not exactly, 100%. What good does it serve, for you to ignore all facts that don't serve your pre-existing agenda. When I have to ignore facts in order to support what I believe, I will change what I believe.