Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-25-2016, 05:07 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Obama's VA Secretary says wait lines at VA Hosp are like wait lines at Disney

When I heard about this comment, I actually didn't believe it. Obama managed to select a Secretary Of Veterans Affairs, who would make this comparison. I had very low hopes for this man after his radical views came to light, but he has done things that even I could not have imagined. We know that vets died while waiting for care at VA hospitals, we know this. Yet he makes his claim. Not mush of a peep from Democrats in response. I can't understand how we got this far astray, and I have no idea what unites us as Americans anymore.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/...nes/vi-BBto0A4
Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #2
spence

It wasn't the most artful remark but I don't disagree with what he was trying to say. He was criticized by dems if you'd bother to lift a finger...

West Point grad who had a distinguished service in the Army, great executive career contributing to the US economy, unanimous vote in the Senate and you want to hang the guy because of one remark.............because you hate Obama.

And you wonder why you "have no idea what unites us as Americans anymore."
Old 05-25-2016, 09:12 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I don't disagree with what he was trying to say.
OK. So to you, there is do difference between...

(1) a family at Disney, waiting in line for an hour, by their choice, to get on "It's A Small World", and

(2) a wounded veteran, injured while serving his country, that has to wait 30 days to see a doctor?

By your admission, those 2 things are indistinguishable to you. Well here is a difference. Some might say it's not a small difference. No one ever died from #1. We know that people, selfless patriots, have died because of #2. By your admission, vets dying because of a lack of available care, is no more concerning to you (nor to the Secretary of Vets Affairs) than having to wait in line at an amusement park. Same thing. One is no more of a natoinal concern (or shame) than the other.

Remarks matter. When Bush told teh Fema head that he was "doing a heck of a job" while people were dying in New Orleans 3 days after the wind stopped blowing, it was a Godawful, stupid, insensitive thing to say. I am abke to say that about a Republican. You can't do the same. Amazing.

Welcome to The Twiligt Zone.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #4
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
OK. So to you, there is do difference between...

(1) a family at Disney, waiting in line for an hour, by their choice, to get on "It's A Small World", and

(2) a wounded veteran, injured while serving his country, that has to wait 30 days to see a doctor?

By your admission, those 2 things are indistinguishable to you.
Jim, as usual you're failing to see the point of his remark. Macdonald wasn't asserting the two were the same, his point was that the focus should be on the overall quality of care rather than dwell on a single metric. That doesn't mean that wait time isn't important, but it's a single component of a large system.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:04 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim, as usual you're failing to see the point of his remark. Macdonald wasn't asserting the two were the same, his point was that the focus should be on the overall quality of care rather than dwell on a single metric. That doesn't mean that wait time isn't important, but it's a single component of a large system.
His point was that people dying while waiting for care at a VA hospital, says nothing more about the level of service provided, than someone who waits in line at an amusement park.

So what he (and you) are is this...if there are lines at Disney, that's no more of a blemish to Disney, than dead bodies in the waiting room are at a VA Hospital.

Spence, if you had to wait in lines at Disney, and then you had to wait more than 30 days to get treated at a hospital, and you had to fill out a satisfaction survey for both entities, you'd give them the same score? You don't hold a hospitalk more accountable for wait times that are literallyu fatal, than you hold Disney accountable for ride lines?

Bullsh*t.

No one has the right to expect short lines at Disney. In my opinion (which you and McDonald disagree with), vets should have the right to get seen by a doctor before they die from their injuries. That's just me, missing the point all the time, and failing to see the brilliant, subtle nuances of the Secretary selected by your beloved man crush.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-25-2016 at 12:22 PM..
Old 05-25-2016, 12:36 PM   #6
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
His point was that people dying while waiting for care at a VA hospital, says nothing more about the level of service provided, than someone who waits in line at an amusement park.

So what he (and you) are is this...if there are lines at Disney, that's no more of a blemish to Disney, than dead bodies in the waiting room are at a VA Hospital.

Spence, if you had to wait in lines at Disney, and then you had to wait more than 30 days to get treated at a hospital, and you had to fill out a satisfaction survey for both entities, you'd give them the same score? You don't hold a hospitalk more accountable for wait times that are literallyu fatal, than you hold Disney accountable for ride lines?

Bullsh*t.

No one has the right to expect short lines at Disney. In my opinion (which you and McDonald disagree with), vets should have the right to get seen by a doctor before they die from their injuries. That's just me, missing the point all the time, and failing to see the brilliant, subtle nuances of the Secretary selected by your beloved man crush.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:38 AM   #7
Nebe

Well put spence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-25-2016, 08:57 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Spence, it's really a shame that you weren't around to be Hitler's apologist-in-chief.

You will not, and can not, ever, admit that a Democrat is a jerk, or even that they ever screwed up. What do thjey have on you, anyway? When did you stop thinking?

West Point graduates a-holes, too.