Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 06-20-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Chicago contacts?

My 23 yo daughter graduated from flight attendant training with American Airlines in Dallas last week, making me a proud dad. She chose Chicago as her base and has just arrived, having driven overnight. If anyone has a contact or input about leads for a place to live, please let me know. Neither she nor I have spent any time there, but she is pretty savvy and will figure it out between the airline crew boards or some lead.... I am so pleased she followed this path as I can't say enough for what the training has brought out in her. She now has her head on a swivel, self awareness, self confidence, and is a professional woman. Almost made me cry watching her in uniform, perfect posture, toting her bag, boarding the plane in Dallas last week.

(Traveling with the ex is a whole 'nother story......)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MeganAA.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	63009  

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
Nebe

A buddy of mine is a flight attendant for southwest and lives in a boarding house for flight attendants. I think there is 12 of them that share the place. Most of the time he is sleeping in a hotel so a living situation isn't that important.

Wish I could help with a Chicago contact for you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
spence

I fly American all the time, hope to see her on a flight. PM me her cell and I can hook her up with some locals.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #4
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Call my friend Mac Glore. We worked together for years and he lives just outside ChiTown. 224-9385704. Mention my name.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:28 AM   #5
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

Congrats to her and you Ross!

My brother lives in Chicago, he's not in real estate, but if she needs advice about living in the city and the best (and safest) places to live, he can definitely help there.
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:38 PM   #6
Moses

My brother lives a little SW of Chicago, married a local girl and has been out there for almost 20 years. I could certainly ask for some advice but would like to know if she's thinking city living vs 'within 30 min drive to O'Hare' (or Midway). Any other parameters; solo vs roommates, etc would narrow down any advice.

Congrats.

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:26 PM   #7
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Thanks all. Today was indoctrination so I will offer your leads when I think she is most receptive. She has a room at the home of a college friend for the short term. Looking for a sub let through the summer while she figures it out. My opinion is that she will be flying more than spending time in Chicago, but we will see how it plays out for her.

Currently leaning towards Logan Square, though she has never been there. O'Hare is her base. Roommates would be less expensive, especially if they are also flight attendants. Has her car there. Parking is expensive. Gets sticker for AA parking at airport. Might want to be on the L since traffic from downtown to airport can be brutal.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:36 PM   #8
Nebe

Definitely get a place near the L train. If a flight attendant is late for a flight it's a disaster for everyone including the attendant.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote