Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-10-2020, 09:12 AM   #1
wdmso

California wildfires: This is how mind-bogglingly huge they are

That's the head line on BBC

Over two million acres of land have been burned in California, compared to 118,000 acres burned during this time in 2019.

Oregon is battling record-breaking wildfires, which have destroyed at least five towns.

But you wont find Trump saying a word... I guess the only fires he is concerned about are ones that happen in connection with protest.. or fit his be afraid your next mantra

Washington Town Has 80% Of Homes, Businesses Destroyed By Wildfire

But no Tweets from Trump. Just be this Blue state thing with him , if they do nothing for me I'll do nothing for them .. such a leader
Old 09-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I’m shocked he hasn’t blamed the fires on the left for not getting in there sooner to rake the forests.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:04 AM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
That's the head line on BBC

Over two million acres of land have been burned in California, compared to 118,000 acres burned during this time in 2019.

Oregon is battling record-breaking wildfires, which have destroyed at least five towns.

But you wont find Trump saying a word... I guess the only fires he is concerned about are ones that happen in connection with protest.. or fit his be afraid your next mantra

Washington Town Has 80% Of Homes, Businesses Destroyed By Wildfire

But no Tweets from Trump. Just be this Blue state thing with him , if they do nothing for me I'll do nothing for them .. such a leader
Trump has said things that should have been done about wildfires in California. Now we have to blame Trump for wildfires in California. California Governor Newsom would approve.
Old 09-10-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Only someone looking for that in the start of this thread would see anyone blaming Trump for the wildfires, he is pointing out (pretty sure even you got it) that Trump is so focused on Trump world there is barely a mention. I’d go into global warming, but you like Trump are likely In science denial.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Only someone looking for that in the start of this thread would see anyone blaming Trump for the wildfires, he is pointing out (pretty sure even you got it) that Trump is so focused on Trump world there is barely a mention. I’d go into global warming, but you like Trump are likely In science denial.
I didn't have to look for it. It was there staring me in the face. "But you wont find Trump saying a word... I guess the only fires he is concerned about are ones that happen in connection with protest.. or fit his be afraid your next mantra . . . But no Tweets from Trump. Just be this Blue state thing with him , if they do nothing for me I'll do nothing for them .. such a leader". If there is no implication in wdmso's words that if Trump was concerned about the fires and do something for them (California? Newsom?) then he would help in preventing or ameliorating them, then what was the point to what he said?
Old 09-10-2020, 10:49 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Trump has said things that should have been done about wildfires in California. Now we have to blame Trump for wildfires in California. California Governor Newsom would approve.
I see... you think its about blaming the dear leader

Far from it.... Just showing another example of his clear lack of leadership and contempt for the American people . And their strife .. unless that strife can be turned in to a vote or benfit him political he could care less but you and I already know that . It's our responses to this info that differs

HOW could so many people on the right and left , military and non military some whom Trump and supporters championed sung their praises from the highest roof tops .. filled positions in his Government, only to disparage them or question their patriotism when they spoke out about the dear leader ..

I was told this long ago. .. if 1 person calls you a horse. Thats Fine

10 people call you a horse check your ass you probably have have a tail
Old 09-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
I see... you think its about blaming the dear leader

Far from it.... Just showing another example of his clear lack of leadership
So you're not blaming him for a lack of leadership, you're merely accusing him of it.

So if his leadership is lacking re the California wildfires, what good it do for those fires if he showed what you consider the proper leadership? Would it help to reduce the number and severity of those fires? Or would it just be a bunch of unimportant but very nice words that had no relation to or effect on the number and severity of fires?
Old 09-10-2020, 03:38 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
So you're not blaming him for a lack of leadership, you're merely accusing him of it.

So if his leadership is lacking re the California wildfires, what good it do for those fires if he showed what you consider the proper leadership? Would it help to reduce the number and severity of those fires? Or would it just be a bunch of unimportant but very nice words that had no relation to or effect on the number and severity of fires?
Not accusations its fact he has no leadership skills 30 years in correction and the military have clearly shown me what true leadership looks like as well as bad leadership
Old 09-10-2020, 04:10 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Not accusations its fact he has no leadership skills

I don't know what importance or effect his leadership has re the California fires unless it leads to less fires and less severity. What do you propose his leadership do for California? Just say nice, "right," stuff or give them something as token of leadership? To what avail, other than helping to reduce the fires?

So if it's a fact that he has no leadership, it is sufficient to simply say so. Bringing in the California fires and not pointing out of what purpose or good his leadership would be for those fires is goofy.

its fact he has no leadership skills 30 years in correction and the military have clearly shown me what true leadership looks like as well as bad leadership

Maybe you need 30 years in building construction in the city of NY, and in the world, to further enlighten you on the matter.
Old 09-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #10
spence

More than 10% of the entire population of Oregon has now had to evacuate. Wow...
Old 09-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Maybe you need 30 years in building construction in the city of NY, and in the world, to further enlighten you on the matter.
It's clear you dont understand what leadership traits are.. Seeing you think building something,, some how translates leadership ... hes not banging nails or engineering plans. Hes just paying people to do those things , sometimes he pays them
Old 09-11-2020, 08:06 PM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
It's clear you dont understand what leadership traits are.. Seeing you think building something,, some how translates leadership ... hes not banging nails or engineering plans. Hes just paying people to do those things , sometimes he pays them
I hope this is just some off the cuff remark that you didn't apply your ability to think critically or analytically or to just plain think. Or maybe it's excusable because you had a few too many of your favorite bubbles? Because if this took any kind of actual effort to think about what you're saying . . . if so . . . then you're really too brain impaired to have a rational conversation with.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:50 AM   #13
wdmso

Quote:
I hope this is just some off the cuff remark that you didn't apply your ability to think critically or analytically or to just plain think. Or maybe it's excusable because you had a few too many of your favorite bubbles? Because if this took any kind of actual effort to think about what you're saying . . . if so . . . then you're really too brain impaired to have a rational conversation with.
So you weren't suggesting building stuff equals leadership..? With your 30years of bulilding stuff in NY .. Comment?

Is blaming the WHO for your pandemic response or china or blue state. Is that leadership?

Or how about Trump claiming he was trying not to panic Americans

He seems not to have a problem trying to create fear and panic in Americans over the protest and protesters or bidens future plans to dismantle white suburbia .. how about that leadership..

Or even better why dont you tell us what leadership Traits you see in Trump

I doubt even you see lying as easily as breathing, rude obnoxious failure to accept responsibility. As qualities of a good leader. So whats left to make Trump a leader in your eyes? And any other of Trumps Faithful here.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:44 AM   #14
detbuch

Quote:
So you weren't suggesting building stuff equals leadership..? With your 30years of bulilding stuff in NY .. Comment?

Stuff doesn't just spontaneously get built.

Is blaming the WHO for your pandemic response or china or blue state. Is that leadership?

The task force to fight the pandemic didn't just spontaneously get together.

Or how about Trump claiming he was trying not to panic Americans

Preventing or tamping down panic is leadership.

He seems not to have a problem trying to create fear and panic in Americans over the protest and protesters or bidens future plans to dismantle white suburbia .. how about that leadership..

Violent "protesters" create the fear. Doing what is necessary to get rid of the violence is leadership. Pointing out bidens stated future plans is good leadership and proper "politics." You don't think Biden and the Dems and you and Pete aren't trying to "create fear" of Trump? Leadership in the down and dirty of politics is not pretty nor laudable. Leadership in killing your opponents in war is commendable. Sometimes good leadership results in horrible things.

The Dems are doing a really good job of smearing Trump. That is not just happening. Some or someone is leading the charge.

Or even better why dont you tell us what leadership Traits you see in Trump

Watching his rallies can help. Getting people together to do a job seems to be one of his most evident leadership traits. Like the current Middle east peace treaty, among others as President and business man. You may not like his style or personality. You may not like the results or goals of his leadership. You may actually hate him. But if that blinds you from seeing that he has led people, and successfully so (with some failures as well), in his business and in his time as President, then we probably have a different definition of leadership. There are different styles and methods of leadership. Whatever your definition is, doesn't eliminate the others.

I doubt even you see lying as easily as breathing, rude obnoxious failure to accept responsibility. As qualities of a good leader. So whats left to make Trump a leader in your eyes? And any other of Trumps Faithful here.
This business of his lying is overdone, exaggerated, often even a lie itself. His opponent has been lying his way through politics for decades. But that's just Uncle Joe, just the scrapper from Scranton, just a typical politician. It is apparent to me that effective lies by their guy or gal are truly appreciated by most of those who support a politician. I don't know what "good" leadership qualities Uncle Joe has. But I'm not going to say he has none. I am assuming, as I do with Trump, that to get as far as he has, it would have taken some ability to lead. Unless he is a total tool, wholly supported by other "leaders" who use him to further their goals.

This whole Trump's lack of leadership nonsense is, on its face, a lie. And a very obvious one. And the "leaders" who create such mantras are doing a really good job of persuading people, like you, that it is so.
Old 09-12-2020, 03:46 PM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
This business of his lying is overdone, exaggerated, often even a lie itself. His opponent has been lying his way through politics for decades. But that's just Uncle Joe, just the scrapper from Scranton, just a typical politician. It is apparent to me that effective lies by their guy or gal are truly appreciated by most of those who support a politician. I don't know what "good" leadership qualities Uncle Joe has. But I'm not going to say he has none. I am assuming, as I do with Trump, that to get as far as he has, it would have taken some ability to lead. Unless he is a total tool, wholly supported by other "leaders" who use him to further their goals.

This whole Trump's lack of leadership nonsense is, on its face, a lie. And a very obvious one. And the "leaders" who create such mantras are doing a really good job of persuading people, like you, that it is so.
Look at his rallies this is your idea what a good leader looks like .. lets look at a Hitlers rallies.. i would call them frantically as i would a Trump rallies

Seems in the Trump era crowd size equals leadership and support

Was Ike measured by crowd size or Bush 1 or 2 or Obama?

Seems Trump has you impressed with his crowd size . So he must be good for American.

Seem once again we're going to have to agree to disagree on Trumps leadership skills

Is a con artist a leader ?

Anything negtive about Trump is nonsense .. its that easy..
Old 09-12-2020, 03:50 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Blue balls never is wrong in his defense of Cheeto, I guess all those men and women who have worked for him in his past, this administration or have played to his ego to get him to take interviews are all wrong in their interpretation. Thank god there is an x crappie fisherman in the Midwest to set us straight.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:21 PM   #17
PaulS

We need to have another cabinet meeting broadcast where all the people can State how honored they are to work for the dear leader
Old 09-12-2020, 05:28 PM   #18
detbuch

Quote:
Look at his rallies this is your idea what a good leader looks like .. lets look at a Hitlers rallies.. i would call them frantically as i would a Trump rallies

Of course, you had to go to the NAZI thing. You don't think that JFK drew huge, cheering audiences. As do any very popular "leaders" whom their constituents want to see, cheer, even idolize.

And you don't that think Hitler had leadership skills. Or Mao?
Or Lenin? Only the "good" guys can be leaders? If that were the case, evil would have no followers.

Seems in the Trump era crowd size equals leadership and support

Having followers is factual evidence of an ability to lead. Whether you approve of the leader or hate him.

Was Ike measured by crowd size or Bush 1 or 2 or Obama?

The fact that they were popular was noted by favorable press and played down by opponents.

Seems Trump has you impressed with his crowd size . So he must be good for American.

No, I'm not much of a follower. Nor am I impressed with the vast majority of politicians--very, very few, actually. The avowed "leadership skills" that the Press or commentators ascribe to those they favor are irrelevant to me. Mostly a bunch of hooey. Puffery. My favorite President outside of the founding era, is Calvin Coolidge. You won't find much, if any, mentions of his "leadership skills." He was not touted as a leader. But if we had a lot more Presidents and politicians who governed by his precepts we would be much, much better off today. And, strangely, since Trump is so vastly different in character than Coolidge, in some respects his policies are closer to Coolidge than most any other President in the last 90 years.

Seem once again we're going to have to agree to disagree on Trumps leadership skills

Probably. I don't know specifically what you mean by leadership skills. I suspect you don't necessarily mean the ability to lead, but some notion of what you consider "good" leadership. Maybe what we disagree on is what is "good" and how necessary that "good" is in being able to lead.

Is a con artist a leader ?

He can be. So can be a tyrant. So can be what you consider rude obnoxious people.

Anything negtive about Trump is nonsense .. its that easy..
For you, that kind summary judgment is easy. As in anything negative about Trump is true and to some important point, such as the notion that he is a con artist.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:32 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Blue balls never is wrong in his defense of Cheeto, I guess all those men and women who have worked for him in his past, this administration or have played to his ego to get him to take interviews are all wrong in their interpretation. Thank god there is an x crappie fisherman in the Midwest to set us straight.
I've never had blue balls. I've given it a few tries . . . but they never turned blue.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:47 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump up to his usual tricks apparently, now the intel coming out of the CDC is suspect, as it’s now required to line up with the supreme leader’s narrative.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:32 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Boy Trumps comments are just as f*cked up as his stating the virus would magically disappear. Well the warmer weather didn’t make the virus disappear and cooler weather isn’t going to solve the climate changes issues making fires more prevalent and destructive.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:47 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

I’ll bet Forest Trump thinks it’s those awful windmills that are making all the trees explode.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:09 AM   #23
wdmso

I don't think science knows about climate, says Trump. Or the CDC The top communications official at the powerful Cabinet department in charge of combating the coronavirus made outlandish and false claims Sunday that career government scientists were engaging in “sedition” in their handling of the pandemic

Yet over at breitbart. No coverage of Trumps climate comments but an entire article on Bidens climate comments. From a guy named Steve Milloy who has a siite called junkscience.com. it's a blog. Who himself is not a scientist. It got 2000 comments
Old 09-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The irony is a large majority is federal land, I guess Trump needs to get his family to Home Depot to secure all the rakes they can to start cleaning up their mess. Hey he is actually right about the weather actually getting cooler, it’s called fall and It’s followed by winter, but he misses the point that this is about the radical changes to our global weather. But you can’t explain that to a guy that thinks science is for fools, or someone who thinks you can nuke a hurricane to put it down or water bomb a burning cathedral to put out the fire.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:36 AM   #25
wdmso

saw this yesterday.

California gave trump 4 million votes 2016 “That’s more than Mississippi, Utah, Kansas, Nebraska, West Virginia, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Alaska , you combine all those votes, (it’s) not as many as the people in California who voted for you.”

But he's against California cuz its a blue state... even with those numbers California are less represented in the house and senate. ?. And electoraly but I hear the senator from Wyoming of 587 thousands residents that Americans what the the Supreme Court seat filled . THAT'S SOME SERIOUS bs