Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-31-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
Mr. Sandman

fox news girls

The Girls On Fox News Song - YouTube
Old 05-31-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Wonder what they think of this...
Fox talking heads: Mom breadwinners at odds with ‘natural world’ ? MSNBC

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Sorry I turn to the news for news not views! Why are sooooo many stations going to female on air people? Because they pay them less!

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBuzz View Post
Why are sooooo many stations going to female on air people? Because they pay them less!
That and guys like looking at hot girls and hot girls bring in more viewers and more viewers bring in higher ratings and higher ratings bring in more advertisement revenue.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
FishermanTim

Why have news girls?

Because men are focused more on visual stimulus than audible stimulus.
(the only exception is the sound of breaking fish at night)

Men will watch news presented by women without really caring about the news content. Also keep in mind that with most news stations having 4+ hours of morning news, 1 hour of noon news, 2 hours of afternoon news and 1.5 hours of night time news, they need to draw your attention somehow?

Why do you think that there are no overweight female newscasters?
Why are virtually all female newscasters made from the same mold?
(You couldn't tell what station you were watching if you couldn't see the news staff and they announced the station call letters before and after each and every news break!)

I want the news, not commentary, not some idiotic giggling schoolgirl/boy approach to a story, and I certainly don't need to hear about the aftermath of a story from every Tom, #^&#^&#^&#^& and Harry that lived in a three mile radius of the story's epicenter!

Last edited by FishermanTim; 06-04-2013 at 04:31 PM..

I am a legend in my own mind!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Redsoxticket

What's up with most of the Fox girls being blond haired, could it be they had a sale on bleach products or too smart for MSNBC
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #7
Mr. Sandman

It is the same with the weather channel. Most of the girls are from Wisconsin or Minn and are all blonde. Many news channels have girls that are dressed in evening dresses or cocktail party attire that exploses many nooks and crannies. Look at the cooking shows and what they wear. Basswipe is right, it attracts men who just gawk at the TV and drool. Here is a nice clip about how to make a plum cake. Now after watching the video, please tell me what she was making...
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #8
chaz
silver nissan

Naked News - NakedNews.com Breaking News, Latest Video News "NAKED"
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #9
Fishpart
Keep The Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
It is the same with the weather channel. Most of the girls are from Wisconsin or Minn and are all blonde. Many news channels have girls that are dressed in evening dresses or cocktail party attire that exploses many nooks and crannies. Look at the cooking shows and what they wear. Basswipe is right, it attracts men who just gawk at the TV and drool. Here is a nice clip about how to make a plum cake. Now after watching the video, please tell me what she was making...
Can't concentrate.

Must have milk....

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Old 06-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
This one needs to apply at fox:

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

"What difference does it make!!"

Women currently make up 40% 0f the bread winners and therefore it's smart to use women on news stations as it draws them in, as they can relate, as well as men.
Megan Kelly is a beautiful woman and at the same time one of the most intelligent
news casters there is, imho.
Then there is Gretta Van Sustren, maybe not the most good looking woman, but again very intelligent, knows how to ask the right questions, and gets interviews that few others are able to get.

" Choose Life "