Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-22-2018, 11:30 AM   #31
Nebe

Yaaaas!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #32
Clammer

&&&&&&&&&& NO CALL FROM EITHER OF YOU ……………..THAT WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO UNFAIR

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:24 AM   #33
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
And the dawn patrol never saw a thing.....
Your father use to call us vampires.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #34
Rmarsh

Not a big fish blitz but....One night last year is clear in my mind. I got set up to fish just before dark, and high tide....I usually fish with a buddy but he couldnt make it. Schools of big bait were swimming nervously about all over the place. My first cast with a brand new sp minnow got bumped twice on the retrieve then slammed again before coming tight. For the next two hours, on every cast, my lure was either taken when it hit the water or after a few cranks. The fish were stacked up just behind a sandbar. Even when I missed on the first hits they continued to harass until I just stopped reeling a few feet away from where I was standing, and they inhaled it. One large fish ripped the flimsy split ring holding the belly hook off(I usually change to stronger rings and hooks) just before I could bring it in. I continued to fish it with just the tail treble making the job of unhooking them a lot easier. I dont count numbers of fish, but there were several keeper size in the mix.
Rmarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:39 PM   #35
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

My dad, Ricky and I got into some incredible striper blitzes for three mornings in a row on a father's day weekend from Race Point Beach I think around 2008 or 2009. Big fish for hours. The first day most of them were around 30# give or take. The next few days mostly around 20# We called it the Father's Day massacre. I almost submitted a retelling of that day to On The Water, but I didn't have a good picture or a sleepin Ricky to go along with the story.

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #36
Guppy
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappin Mikey View Post
My dad, Ricky and I got into some incredible striper blitzes for three mornings in a row on a father's day weekend from Race Point Beach I think around 2008 or 2009. Big fish for hours. The first day most of them were around 30# give or take. The next few days mostly around 20# We called it the Father's Day massacre. I almost submitted a retelling of that day to On The Water, but I didn't have a good picture or a sleepin Ricky to go along with the story.
At least he didn’t sleep thru this one.... ;-)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #37
l.i.fish.in.vt

Mikey,pretty sure it was 2009,i was right there with you big Sean was there at least Saturday.that blitz went all the way to lecounts. some of those blue blitzs were nuts also
l.i.fish.in.vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #38
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rappin Mikey View Post
Mikey and I got into a blitz one morning at Race Point that was like a tidal wave of slammers.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 01:31 PM   #39
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.i.fish.in.vt View Post
Mikey,pretty sure it was 2009,i was right there with you big Sean was there at least Saturday.that blitz went all the way to lecounts. some of those blue blitzs were nuts also
Hey John,
You were there with those guys in 2009, for sure. #^&#^&#^&#^&y, Shawn, Mike, and I were there in 2010, as well.

Shawn was only down for Sunday in 2010. #^&#^&#^&#^&y called him Friday night and he came down Saturday night.

I think #^&#^&#^&#^&y might write something up about the 2010 blitz, so everybody gets to read about me not sleeping.

I had to drag the fish up the beach for everybody. They were big.

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:03 PM   #40
Clogston29
xxx

About 10 years ago now we got into 30-45 lb bass for about a month and a half. All you needed was the first couple hours of the drop to be during darkness. Most casts with an eel you didn't even have to turn the handle on the reel. And this would be for about 2 hours per night. We would get board and just start throwing anything out there to see if they would hit it. Crazy good. The next year we had fish the same time of year there, but it gradually died off over a couple seasons. Last few years its been completely dead but its hard not to at least show up and try a few times. Will never forget those weeks though. Surprised my marriage and career survived it.

Last edited by Clogston29; 10-01-2018 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: spelling

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:49 PM   #41
Clammer

see clog . that,s why you don,t fish much anymore

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:46 PM   #42
Steve K

Mine was on BI. First time there and I had only been striper fishing for a few years and I had never caught a legal fish. Walked from the parking lot at Sandy Point in June wearing neoprene waders. Got to the point and I saw tailing fish. I was expecting to catch bluefish so I had a ballistic missle tied on. Fist cast, fish on. A 29” beauty. Next cast, a seagull. I had to cut my line. Came back the next morning and both the fish and seagull were still there. It was much calmer now and it let me free him. I lost 10 pounds that week making the hike to the point. What a week of fishing alone on BI. Special times
Steve K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:03 PM   #43
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

[QUOTE=Sea Dangles;1152193]Mikey and I got into a blitz one morning at Race Point that was like a tidal wave of slammers.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE
Yup I remember that. I think that might have been that same week in 2005. I remember it was on the South Side and I think I was throwing a big purple mac pattern Gibbs Pencil. I used to run into all sorts of cool people from here out there back then: Bass Master, You, Slipknot, FlapTail and his crew, Habs, Back Beach Jake, Red Light, Big Fish Larry, Jenn, John from Vermont (he's still there tough) I even bumped into Chris L out there in the middle of the night somewhere throwing eels. Now I don't go out there nearly as much and see even less people. Stoopid seals and bird people ruined everything.

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote