Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-14-2021, 06:44 PM   #61
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Health experts refute the far right wing claim immigration policy is fueling the rise in covid, its Delta, no shock you would be tuned into the far right.

Health experts are on the lefts payroll so believe what you want.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 04:35 AM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Health experts are on the lefts payroll so believe what you want.
I believe in science and the far right media has you believing exactly what they want and need you to believe.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 11:01 AM   #63
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I find it so ironic that these GOP governors are suggesting they are protecting their constituents right to chose, while removing not only their right to chose, but their school districts funding for choosing to protect their kids with mask mandates. Like anyone with a brain can’t see the political calculus at play, roll the dice I hope it blows up in their faces.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #64
Clammer

WTF can,t we play nice ??

it doesn,r seem what the issue is .red vs blue states or blue vs red states ............ what ever happened .whats best for the people

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:43 PM   #65
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No sh*t Mike when idiots play with other peoples lives for political reasons they just plain su*k
Old 08-19-2021, 02:51 PM   #66
Clammer

no matter what they vote on ..........you can tell the ya & nay by the color ........... they don,t actually vote for the people of their states .they vote to keep staying in office & building on their pensions ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Booth sides .its not whats best for the country ..its whats best for [ME} really sad

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #67
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

We need term limits and that with some changes to their pensions, health insurance and perks, suddenly people with some integrity might be running for office.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:31 AM   #68
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Lots of vaccine mandates enacted immediately after the FDA approval, hopefully that gets more shots into arms of the reluctant. Going to be either get vaccinated or look for another job or potentially loose out on your college enrollment.
Old 08-25-2021, 09:47 AM   #69
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

United Airlines, get vaccinated or find another job.
Delta Airlines, get vaccinated or if on their health plan, getting additional $200/ month charge and employee must pay for testing out of pocket.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 12:27 PM   #70
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Enjoy the slippery slope this will open up.

I'm glad the FDA approved it, and I hope more people get it now because of this, but monetarily punishing people and threatening their livelihood, sorry not a fan
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:05 PM   #71
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

I'm glad the FDA approved it, and I hope more people get it now because of this, but monetarily punishing people and threatening their livelihood, sorry not a fan
As opposed to letting unvaccinated threaten the rest of the workforce, student body or other passengers on planes and public transit systems in the name of personal right to choose? It’s not like vaccine mandates are new, unless your home schooling your children, they are all mandated to get the required vaccines to attend public schools. If this were about your common flu vaccine I’d agree with you it would be crazy to mandate something with far lower effectiveness and hasn’t been so deadly or spread so easily.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:09 PM   #72
PaulS

Quote:

But bc Delta is self funded, Delta has to pay for 100% of those extra claims. I believe it is costing Delta $40,000 for every Covid patient who goes to the hospital. So the people who are not getting vaccinated are causing economic harm to the company. Next year when Delta looks at their current year claims and how much they funder and then determines the employees cost share and the % Delta will fund they will set the ee contributions higher to account for the increased claim costs. So the people who are incurring the $40,000 claims are causing every employee at Delta (and Delta itself ) to pay more.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #73
PaulS

I actually know the person working on the Delta account and I sent him an IM this morning

[10:55 AM] SXXXXX, Paul

Delta Air Lines is intensifying pressure on employees to get vaccinated with a series of increasingly burdensome requirements over the coming weeks and months, though it stopped short of the mandates that other airlines and businesses have put in plac
Why Delta Is Leaving Middle Seats Empty During the Pandemic (Published 2020)An executive for the airline explains its distancing practices and approach to cleaning at a time when its biggest rivals are selling all the seats they can.www.nytimes.com​[10:56 AM] Stamos, Paul P

On Sept. 30, unvaccinated workers will lose pay protection for employees who test positive for the virus and miss work while having to quarantine. Finally, starting on Nov. 1, any employee who remains unvaccinated will have to pay an additional $200 per month to remain on the company’s health care plan.

“This surcharge will be necessary to address the financial risk the decision to not vaccinate is creating for our company,” Mr. Bastian said. “In recent weeks since the rise of the B.1.617.2 variant, all Delta employees who have been hospitalized with Covid were not fully vaccinated.”

The average coronavirus-related hospitalization has cost the company about $40,000 per person, he said. Like many large employers, Delta insures its own work force, meaning it pays health costs directly and hires insurance companies to manage its plans.
Old 08-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #74
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
As opposed to letting unvaccinated threaten the rest of the workforce, student body or other passengers on planes and public transit systems in the name of personal right to choose? It’s not like vaccine mandates are new, unless your home schooling your children, they are all mandated to get the required vaccines to attend public schools. If this were about your common flu vaccine I’d agree with you it would be crazy to mandate something with far lower effectiveness and hasn’t been so deadly or spread so easily.
I get it, still don't agree with it.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #75
scottw

Quote:

As opposed to letting unvaccinated threaten the rest of the....
yup...the unvaccinated are basically a terrorist threat to the vaccinated.....probably a good time to build those camps to house and re-educate them
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 01:49 PM   #76
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
yup...the unvaccinated are basically a terrorist threat to the vaccinated.....probably a good time to build those camps to house and re-educate them
Your usual stellar contribution to the discussion, tell me why employers don’t have the right or why you think it’s not required, snarky gets old.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:33 AM   #77
scottw

Quote:

tell me why employers don’t have the right or why you think it’s not required, snarky gets old.

I never said or implied that they don't or shouldn't.....and I don't feel threatened by the unvaccinated
Old 08-26-2021, 04:38 AM   #78
scottw

Quote:

I believe in science .....

Portuguese neurologist António Egas Moniz, shared the Nobel Prize for Physiology or Medicine of 1949 for the "discovery of the therapeutic value of leucotomy in certain psychoses", "surgically induced childhood" the awarding of the prize has been subject to controversy.

There have been calls in the early 21st century for the Nobel Foundation to rescind the prize it awarded to Moniz for developing lobotomy, a decision that has been called an astounding error of judgment at the time and one that psychiatry might still need to learn from, but the Foundation declined to take action and has continued to host an article defending the results of the procedure.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:10 AM   #79
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
I get it, still don't agree with it.
IMO we have been sliding down that slope for quite a while and some of these control freaks have been coming up with more and more all the time.

Same with me, don't agree with it or any forcing, shaming, cancelling, firing or any other tactics. More people need to speak out against this crap.

And If my position on liberty is one that has Mike making a statement about not knowing me and that is sad, then so be it.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 10:16 AM   #80
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
IMO we have been sliding down that slope for quite a while and some of these control freaks have been coming up with more and more all the time.

Same with me, don't agree with it or any forcing, shaming, cancelling, firing or any other tactics. More people need to speak out against this crap.

And If my position on liberty is one that has Mike making a statement about not knowing me and that is sad, then so be it.
Why should I or your company have to pay more for insurance because you won't take something that will prevent you from getting sick? Also, if you can get people in our company sick bc you refuse to take a vaccine, why should we allow you to come in and infect us?
Old 08-26-2021, 10:19 AM   #81
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Why should I or your company have to pay more for insurance because you won't take something that will prevent you from getting sick?
Why should I pay more for my health insurance because other people won’t take care of their health?
Old 08-26-2021, 10:23 AM   #82
scottw

Quote:
Also, if you can get people in our company sick bc you refuse to take a vaccine, why should we allow you to come in and infect us?
Statistically I believe if you are vaccinated and properly masked you are unlikely to get it and highly unlikely to end up in the hospital or dead particularly if you are healthy….

So you are assuming someone will just walk in and infect you…it’s a little paranoid
Old 08-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #83
PaulS

Quote:
Why should I pay more for my health insurance because other people won’t take care of their health?
That's the age old question and most large employers have decided that the risk should be spread amongst the larger group. If you don't believe in insurance you can opt out. However if someone is going to put themselves at risk for higher claims due to their not getting a vaccine then they should be charged a surcharge. Just as I think smokers or someone who is morbidly obese should be charged a surcharge- or non-smokers or people who are not morbidly obese should be given a discount.
Old 08-26-2021, 10:57 AM   #84
PaulS

Quote:
Statistically I believe if you are vaccinated and properly masked you are unlikely to get it and highly unlikely to end up in the hospital or dead particularly if you are healthy….

So you are assuming someone will just walk in and infect you…it’s a little paranoid
Correct being vaccinated should protect me from a serious enough case to hospitalize me. It's not paranoid to not want to be near people who are unvaccinated - it's common sense.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:26 AM   #85
scottw

Quote:
That's the age old question and most large employers have decided that the risk should be spread amongst the larger group. If you don't believe in insurance you can opt out. However if someone is going to put themselves at risk for higher claims due to their not getting a vaccine then they should be charged a surcharge.

Just as I think smokers or someone who is morbidly obese should be charged a surcharge- or non-smokers or people who are not morbidly obese should be given a discount.
you just argued against obamacare....morbidly obese and smokers and every other person that has spent decades destroying their health pay exactly what a healthy person pays and probably even less when you include other factors...
Old 08-26-2021, 11:28 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:

It's not paranoid to not want to be near people who are unvaccinated.

yes it is....
Old 08-26-2021, 11:37 AM   #87
PaulS

Quote:
you just argued against obamacare....morbidly obese and smokers and every other person that has spent decades destroying their health pay exactly what a healthy person pays and probably even less when you include other factors...
I argued against all insurance and that they should charge different rates for smokers and people with morbid obesity
Old 08-26-2021, 11:54 AM   #88
scottw

Quote:
I argued against all insurance and that they should charge different rates for smokers and people with morbid obesity
any other exceptions? or just those? what about the milk crate challenge?
Old 08-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #89
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
any other exceptions? or just those? what about the milk crate challenge?
A few drinks on the weekend, surcharge
You drive a motorcycle, surcharge
You like to rock climb, surcharge
3 speeding tickets, surcharge

Old 08-26-2021, 02:11 PM   #90
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why should I or your company have to pay more for insurance because you won't take something that will prevent you from getting sick? Also, if you can get people in our company sick bc you refuse to take a vaccine, why should we allow you to come in and infect us?
If it prevents you from getting sick, why are you worried that an unvaccinated person will infect you. You’re vaccinated, no worries