Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2021, 04:25 AM   #61
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'm just going to but this down gently.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...xTtPFLpes700i4
sounds like he'd make a great politician...and...

Newsome is such a fabulous human being it would be a shame to replace him with a black white supremacist

and...

butt this NEVER-EVER happens in liberal/leftist politics and media

"Choosing self-serving, conflict-driven entertainment and ratings over subtlety and intellectual honesty is what (conservative) media does all too often, and itís become required in (conservative) politics, too"
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:14 AM   #62
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,187
it interesting in California Newsom's got 61.9 percent of the Vote

To qualify a recall of the Governor for the ballot, proponents need a minimum of 1,495,709 valid petition signatures. This is equal to 12 percent of the votes cast for the office of Governor in 2018, which is the last time the office was on the ballot.

WOW talk about abuse of power and defranching voters

a side note Elder was Steven Millers mentor. what a Peach yet Trump won't endorse him or give him any of that money he's been grifting from his Cult..

However he is the newest darling of the right . whom most had no idea who he was until they were told they should
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 09:15 AM   #63
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

However he is the newest darling of the right . whom most had no idea who he was until they were told they should
Did you just make this up? The "right" has been aware of Elder for a long time. He is not the newest "darling". And he's way smarter and more aware of the lies, deceptions, and agendas of the left than you.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 11:27 AM   #64
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

WOW talk about abuse of power and defranching voters
WTF?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:12 PM   #65
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
WTF?
^^^you are in fact hilarious, math isnít your strong suit we understand
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #66
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 17,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
WTF?
Defranching must be the pass back.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=Franching

****Definitely NSFW****
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:48 PM   #67
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Defranching must be the pass back.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...term=Franching

****Definitely NSFW****
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I wasn't even referring to the spelling...there is apparently a process in place in California for recall of a governor....suddenly leftist and the party of impeachment has determined the process or laws may be "unconstitutional" and/or "defranching" and/or "abuse of power"...and in all likelihood ...extremely racist.....and in desperate need of reform. we've seen this before....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:53 PM   #68
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
TRUMP IS A HUGE ADVOCATE FOR VACCINES.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think Iíve heard Trump suggest recently just once to get vaccinated and for that he got booed.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #69
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think Iíve heard Trump suggest recently just once to get vaccinated and for that he got booed.
I heard he loves the poorly vaccinated....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 03:57 PM   #70
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

math isnít your strong suit we understand
only when I run out of fingers....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:03 PM   #71
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I heard he loves the poorly vaccinated....
He loves to take advantage of them.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:08 AM   #72
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I wasn't even referring to the spelling...there is apparently a process in place in California for recall of a governor....suddenly leftist and the party of impeachment has determined the process or laws may be "unconstitutional" and/or "defranching" and/or "abuse of power"...and in all likelihood ...extremely racist.....and in desperate need of reform. we've seen this before....
We saw it in every Republican state after trump lost

And who ever claimed it was unconstitutional. The same thing happened when Arnold got elected Itís clearly a crazy process and even crazier in liberal state ..
To have such a low bar to reverse or remove someone ,voted into office with the majority of Votes thatís not taking away voters power at the ballot box ..


Not much different then our 50 50 senate

if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, ďthe Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 million more people than the Republican half.Ē

Fairness isnít in the Rights best interest
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:24 AM   #73
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Did you just make this up? The "right" has been aware of Elder for a long time. He is not the newest "darling". And he's way smarter and more aware of the lies, deceptions, and agendas of the left than you.
Outside your bubble no one ever heard of him or cared till now unless maybe you lived in California

He is a entertainer who pours the honey of lies and conspiracy and outrage into his audiences ears , who like yourself . Who are convinced what he is exposing are the lies and deceptions and agendas you have all created in your heads Ö Communism socialism Marxism and liberalism are out to destroy Americanism

Your a cash cow nothing more nothing less even Trump understands the business model of the rights outrage machine ..and is cleaning house like a traveling tent preacher
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:32 AM   #74
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,187
Jim whatís worst having an egg thrown at you ? How about a shoe ? or being accused by the other party you are not an American your a Muslim and where is your Birth certificate and repeated the same lie with the current
VP one is clearly more outrageous then the other but both tasteless
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 01:15 PM   #75
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Outside your bubble no one ever heard of him or cared till now unless maybe you lived in California

I live in an awfully large bubble. Most in my large bubble knew about Elder, just as we knew about your bubble's favorite "darlings". Your bubble, of course, is smaller. Probably why you didn't know about him.

He is a entertainer who pours the honey of lies and conspiracy and outrage into his audiences ears , who like yourself . Who are convinced what he is exposing are the lies and deceptions and agendas you have all created in your heads … Communism socialism Marxism and liberalism are out to destroy Americanism

He is many things, including entrepreneur, businessman, commentator, writer, political activist, among others. He can be entertaining when he speaks, although his intent is more serious than mere entertainment. He, like Thomas Sowell, is data driven. He doesn't merely make stuff up. Facts and data are what moved him to so-called libertarian conservatism.

As for what's in my head, Progressivism was founded on the notion that traditional Americanism was outdated. That the Constitution was not only outdated, but an actual impediment to good government. And as for communism, socialism, and Marxism, they most certainly are destructive of founding American principles. And I am concerned with the misuse of language in general and of words specifically. And I think about and enjoy golf. And many, many other things.

The "liberalism", to which you refer, is a different linguistic animal. The word, as is commonly used in current political discourse, is a victim of sloppy, situational usage. Actual classical liberalism is "a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise." Current political so-called liberalism is "the holding of political views that are socially progressive and promote social welfare." It is the political creation of those like the founders of Progressivism which determines what rights are and to whom they belong. For them, there is no unalienable right.


Your a cash cow nothing more nothing less even Trump understands the business model of the rights outrage machine ..and is cleaning house like a traveling tent preacher
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm a cash cow alright, but not for Trump. Lots of my cash goes into the unlimited, bankrupt, government spending. I know, I know, both parties do it. Thanks to the Progressive breach of constitutional limitations.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #76
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jim whatís worst having an egg thrown at you ? How about a shoe ?

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Depends on what size
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 02:43 PM   #77
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We saw it in every Republican state after trump lost

And who ever claimed it was unconstitutional. The same thing happened when Arnold got elected Itís clearly a crazy process and even crazier in liberal state ..
To have such a low bar to reverse or remove someone ,voted into office with the majority of Votes thatís not taking away voters power at the ballot box ..


Not much different then our 50 50 senate

if you add up the population of states and assign half to each of their two senators, ďthe Democratic half of the Senate represents 41,549,808 million more people than the Republican half.Ē

Fairness isnít in the Rights best interest
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Iíd respond but I have no idea what you are talking aboutÖ.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 05:34 PM   #78
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Did you just make this up? The "right" has been aware of Elder for a long time. He is not the newest "darling". And he's way smarter and more aware of the lies, deceptions, and agendas of the left than you.
So the right put this guy up in a blue state loaded with immigrants and promotes eliminating the minimum wage? Looking like he isnít like to win so in true Trump a*ss kissing fashion he is already threatening lawsuits over voter fraud.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:09 PM   #79
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
So the right put this guy up in a blue state loaded with immigrants and promotes eliminating the minimum wage? Looking like he isnít like to win so in true Trump a*ss kissing fashion he is already threatening lawsuits over voter fraud.
Sounds about right.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:08 PM   #80
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,196
And the gaslighting starts with the same playbook as the leader of the Republicans
Before there are any results from the recall, Elderís campaign is promoting a petition ďdemanding a special session of the California legislature to investigate and ameliorate the twisted results of this 2021 Recall Election of Governor Gavin Newsom."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:18 PM   #81
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And the gaslighting starts with the same playbook as the leader of the Republicans
Before there are any results from the recall, Elderís campaign is promoting a petition ďdemanding a special session of the California legislature to investigate and ameliorate the twisted results of this 2021 Recall Election of Governor Gavin Newsom."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How dare he!! Typical whiney victim black person. You're so right. This is Trumplikan gaslighting. The worst kind of gaslighting. Not the good kind like Biden and the leaders of the Democrats do.

Go get him Pete!!
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:22 AM   #82
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
How dare he!! Typical whiney victim black person. You're so right. This is Trumplikan gaslighting. The worst kind of gaslighting. Not the good kind like Biden and the leaders of the Democrats do.

Go get him Pete!!
Calling an election rigged before it even happens is the biggest possible ďtellĒ that you yourself are trying to game the system. I wonder how many examples we need before we learn that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, Iíve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met ďpeopleĒ, havenít you?

Just because someone says they think you are deplorable doesn't mean you have to prove it.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:32 PM   #83
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Calling an election rigged before it even happens is the biggest possible ďtellĒ that you yourself are trying to game the system. I wonder how many examples we need before we learn that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sort of like calling someone a Putin Puppet before the results are in. Or an impeachment or two before they're over. Not sure how many examples of your calls including many mistaken regurgitations of reports that Trump lied or said Nazis were very fine people, or that Trump gave China our medical equipment that we badly needed, and many more we need before we learn the biggest possible tell about trusting you.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:27 PM   #84
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,196
You don't need a new book to tell you that Trump tried to overturn an election and the Constitution by violence.

Or that House/Senate Republicans refused to impeach/convict him for his violent attempt.

Or that Trump is the front-runner for the GOP 2024 presidential nomination.
At this point, the news is not what Trump did in January 2021.

The news is the ever-growing number of Republicans willing to excuse, justify, exonerate, and repeat what Trump did in January 2021.
I know it's hard to keep being shocked.

But it did really actually happen that as a sitting president Donald Trump tried to overturn the US Constitution by violence.

And that a big chunk of the Congress and the country shrugged off the attempt as no big deal.
Obama said in 2016: "democracy's on the ballot." That's tragically going to be true again in 2022 and very possibly 2024.
So the real question moving forward is:

Will there be ANY Republican candidate who accepts the results of their election?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:47 PM   #85
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You don't need a new book to tell you that Trump tried to overturn an election and the Constitution by violence.

Or that House/Senate Republicans refused to impeach/convict him for his violent attempt.

Or that Trump is the front-runner for the GOP 2024 presidential nomination.
At this point, the news is not what Trump did in January 2021.

The news is the ever-growing number of Republicans willing to excuse, justify, exonerate, and repeat what Trump did in January 2021.
I know it's hard to keep being shocked.

But it did really actually happen that as a sitting president Donald Trump tried to overturn the US Constitution by violence.

And that a big chunk of the Congress and the country shrugged off the attempt as no big deal.
Obama said in 2016: "democracy's on the ballot." That's tragically going to be true again in 2022 and very possibly 2024.
So the real question moving forward is:

Will there be ANY Republican candidate who accepts the results of their election?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wow. Throwing an egg at Larry Elder spawns all kinds of unrelated blather.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:15 PM   #86
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,307
What is this voter fraud Trump, Elder and others on the right speak of? Oh wait no evidence of it to date, unless of course your on the right and you need to say hey we won regardless of the rigged election results. This is their strategy moving forward, granted I see it actually blowing up in their face, but in their wacky world they think they can keep people from voting if they say it’s rigged. The irony is I think that message is impacting more of Republican voters than the desired target.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:21 PM   #87
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
What is this voter fraud Trump, Elder and others on the right speak of? Oh wait no evidence of it to date, unless of course your on the right and you need to say hey we won regardless of the rigged election results. This is their strategy moving forward, granted I see it actually blowing up in their face, but in their wacky world they think they can keep people from voting if they say it’s rigged. The irony is I think that message is impacting more of Republican voters than the desired target.
I think seeking to undermine the election process with no evidence of fraud is one of the worst things you could do in this country.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:35 PM   #88
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think seeking to undermine the election process with no evidence of fraud is one of the worst things you could do in this country.
Elder wasn't seeking to undermine the election process.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:57 PM   #89
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Elder wasn't seeking to undermine the election process.
Iím done if you want to post crap like this. Really.
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:06 PM   #90
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Iím done if you want to post crap like this. Really.
He also doesnít think Trump and others incited the assault on the Capitol, donít get him going it will be a barrage of links and blue font.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com