Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2021, 02:42 PM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What were told our what you decided you heard
Ok, since you laughed at my presumption that the vaccine isn't that effective, please tell me how you can have big outbreaks on college campuses among students who are 100% vaccinated. If my guess was laughable, surely you must have a more plausible explanation?

If you have a student body that's 100% vaccinated, how do you get a big outbreak? That's happened a few times, Connecticut College and Duke that I know of.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:49 PM   #32
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I didn't(compare things a equal)...I can't decipher the rest of that.....
Sometimes I think Clammer is posting as WDMSO.

Let's recap...

Trump's gesture to lend his jet to fly a sick child across the country (who the airlines refused to fly) isn't worth mentioning because the kid died, and/or because the kids father may have been involved in shady deals.

Only 19 GOP senators voted for the infastructure bill, which hasn't been voted on yet.

Florida has more covid cases than northern maine, therefore Desantis is a mass murderer.

I can feel precious IQ points being sucked out of my brain, gotta go.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:52 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
WRONG.

Sick people were admitted to nursing homes. I work in this industry. They were forced back into homes after they left the hospital, very different from being fully recovered and no longer contagious. Look it up.
I've read plenty about it. I don't think many who were positive shouldn't have qualified to return. They had to be medically stable to and NY state law doesn't allow anyone to be admitted to a nursing home unless they can be provided proper care, so if they aren't recovered most wouldn't be able to provide proper care.

It's moot anyway, Cuomo is done and they've already determined the bulk of the nursing home outbreaks were due to asymptomatic transmission by staff.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:31 PM   #34
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I don't think many who were positive shouldn't have qualified to return.

Wut?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-21-2021, 04:32 PM   #35
scottw

Quote:

It's moot anyway,

Right, because we can’t bring back the dead
Old 10-21-2021, 05:14 PM   #36
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Wut?
Multi tasking. Added a don't that didn't belong.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:21 PM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've read plenty about it. I don't think many who were positive shouldn't have qualified to return. They had to be medically stable to and NY state law doesn't allow anyone to be admitted to a nursing home unless they can be provided proper care, so if they aren't recovered most wouldn't be able to provide proper care.

It's moot anyway, Cuomo is done and they've already determined the bulk of the nursing home outbreaks were due to asymptomatic transmission by staff.
i’m sure you want it to be moot. but it’s not. LONG after we knew how stupid and reckless Cuomo was, everyone on the left was declaring him a saint.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #38
spence

Quote:
i’m sure you want it to be moot. but it’s not. LONG after we knew how stupid and reckless Cuomo was, everyone on the left was declaring him a saint.
Cuomo took a ton of heat from the left on manipulating case numbers. That and the misconduct issues are what made him resign.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:46 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Cuomo took a ton of heat from the left on manipulating case numbers. That and the misconduct issues are what made him resign.
he did not, it was universal praise until it was shown he bothered women. killing seniors and lying about it was ok, but harassing women was too far.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:09 PM   #40
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
he did not, it was universal praise until it was shown he bothered women. killing seniors and lying about it was ok, but harassing women was too far.
As opposed to Trumplicans, for whom molesting women, lying and killing Americans was not too far because you know it’s all about owning the libs
Clowns

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-21-2021, 10:39 PM   #41
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
As opposed to Trumplicans, for whom molesting women, lying and killing Americans was not too far because you know it’s all about owning the libs
Clowns
Is Cuomo a Trumplican?
Old 10-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Are Rapey McForehead and his buddy Gym Trumplicans?
Old 10-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
WRONG.

Sick people were admitted to nursing homes. I work in this industry. They were forced back into homes after they left the hospital, very different from being fully recovered and no longer contagious. Look it up.

Jim your making things up to fit your vision of events.
The majority of nursing home deaths were caused by Staff brining in the virus ! not by returning people from the hospitals and this is True nation wide and the same thing applies to Prisons staff. They gave inmates Covid and boom

But to blame all the deaths on returned people from the hospital was just another Republican red state blue state argument with Covid
And other topics Which you use quite often

Florida leads nation in nursing home resident and staff COVID-19 deaths

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...vid-19-deaths/
So are you going to blame Ron ?

Hindsight is always 20/20
Old 10-22-2021, 09:25 AM   #44
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Jim your making things up to fit your vision of events.
The majority of nursing home deaths were caused by Staff brining in the virus ! not by returning people from the hospitals and this is True nation wide and the same thing applies to Prisons staff. They gave inmates Covid and boom

But to blame all the deaths on returned people from the hospital was just another Republican red state blue state argument with Covid
And other topics Which you use quite often

Florida leads nation in nursing home resident and staff COVID-19 deaths

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...vid-19-deaths/
So are you going to blame Ron ?

Hindsight is always 20/20
what did i make up? i never denied that staff contributed to nursing home deaths. i’m also certain that sick residents contributed to it. Why the hell would you force nursing homes to admit residents who have a disease we all knew targets seniors.?

spence said nursing homes residents weren’t admitted back in until they were healthy. that’s absolutely, demonstrably false.

You guys all reek, and i mean REEK, of desperation.

I’m not sure why that is? After all, spence said Biden is doing quite well in recent polling. and you’ve stated that inflation is no big deal, gas prices no big deal, crime is no big deal, the situation at the border is nothing new, the supply chain issue is nothing worth mentioning. you guys are in great shape! i predict the democrats will have unanimous control of the house in 2022, and whatever republican senators are left, will switch to the democrat party. because your side is never, ever wrong, not once, not ever. We all see that now. You’ve made such a perfect compelling case, no one can deny it now.