Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Boat guys :P

Do you really need to buzz the shoreline. I know the ocean is tiny, and my little 300' of water in front of me is the absolute best place in the entire water to fish BUT, when you see me fishing my brandy new BigFish Blitz seeker remember, it is a plug, not a blitz
Therefore, you do not have to come flying over and cut me off.. It was a virgin, never even got to stick a fish with it... I hope someone finds it and gets to enjoy it

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #2
FishermanTim

If you get cut off by an over-enthusiastic boater, the best you could hope for would be for him/her to have to pull their boat to get the line (braid?) off of their lower unit/prop.
It still amazes me that as big as the ocean is, some people will ride right up your butt instead of finding their own piece of water.
I will remind any rookie boaters I'm with that it's not proper etiquette to crowd someone else drift, or to run and gun to every school of breaking fish within sight.
Hopefully the powers that be will reward you, and punish him accordingly.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Ya, i hate it when the boat guys come in so close and put down the fish, let alone cut off your line.
There are so many places they can move to quickly, no need to crowd the shore bound surf guys.

Funnie thing is when your in the surf ya always think the boat guys are catchin betta.
When your in the boat you think the surf guys are catchin betta.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Learned trick from Capesam. Same conditions. Was wirelining,(not my MO, but good for this) and these yahoos kept coming close to crossing us. When they finally did, I put the reel in freespool and let him take ALL the wire to wrap around his shaft! Very effective way to ruin someone's day, or evening in this case. Was worth the price of the wire. And we beat feet outta there so he had no choice but to call Seatow......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
MrHunters
What was that!?!

thats a good one nf.

the age old problem... when you don't have a boat the fish are just a bit out of your reach, when you have a boat they are always way too close to the shore.

I try to stay clear of people at all costs... I experience the same crowding when trolling around... A boat sees us doing well or not even and they decide its ok to either get right in front, cross back or whatever just to aggrivate.
MrHunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:18 PM   #6
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Chris.....What color was it?? You didn't swim for it??? If you are going to the Vineyard with Jim Dowd I will send a replacement along? Or is there a meeting tomorrow night??

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Meeting the 26th, I dont go to the Vineyard until the 7th, (cant call in sick to work until then)

I only let him take about a few hundred feet of braid

BF, it was that funky blueish color...very nice offer but the one you were offering you can give to some kid you see that could use one, tell him it is from me , I was just P.O'd!

Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Chris have you ever seen what mono does to the seals on the lower unit.... think about that and know you got the last laugh
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #9
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

65# suffix should have done wonders then

Old 09-21-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
blue oyster

you are not alone these are the same chuckle heads that do the same thing if you are on a boat , cut right across your line to get to break fish , i just can't bring myself to give up $ 20:00 worth of braid and a $ 10:00 to $20:00 lure
blue oyster is offline   Reply With Quote