Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
redcrbbr
here fishy fishy

Send a message via ICQ to redcrbbr Send a message via AIM to redcrbbr Send a message via Yahoo to redcrbbr
town fair tire

add says will beat all competitors prices, Got a quote from Sullivan tires 8 tires installed out the door for $904. called town fair in Dartmouth, gave them the tires, sizes and brands (they had them) Al says I can do it for $857, great off I go. He lied, Best he could do was $970, I made a very loud exit letting about 10 other customers know I recieved a better deal at Sullivan than TF could beat and was on my way there. I am not done with them yet. I feel a nasty little letter to corporate comming. by the way Sullivan held to there quote and the service was as expected.

redcrbbr
of all the things i've lost...i miss my mind the most!!

redcrbbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
Rob Rockcrawler

They told me the same thing and i had a quote from Sullivan. They did beat the price but i got sold Mastercrafts instead of Goodyears. The salesman made it sound like Mastercrafts were the best tire on the market. I was screwed as i was on vacation on the cape and needed two tires are probably wouldnt have made it back to Sullivan. So i got 4 of the loudest worst gas mileage tires ever. They were cool on the 30 guarantee though, i replaced them with BF goodrich AT's, for an additional 40 bucks. I did have them order the BFG's then when i showed up told them that it was a swap, they weren't all that thrilled with that.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Raven

anything BUT FAIR
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
FishermanTim

When I had to get new tires for my truck a few years back, I did an online comparison (with quotes) and finally ended up with Dedham Wholesale Tire. Now, keep in mind that their sales offers may have changed since then, but I was able to get 4 tires (same brand and model that came with the truck) with balancing, disposal of old ones and taxes for less that JUST the cost of the tires from Town Fair and Sullivans.
Add to that free roatations for the life of the tires and they mailed me a coupon for 10-15% off next visit.

Remember that this was a few years back, so things may (and probably) have changed, but it's worth checking out if you can get there.
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
Saltheart

Years ago I paid for the road hazard warrantee at Townfair when I bought 4 tires for my Eldorado. I hit a curb and a chunk peeled off the side of a tire so i went in expecting a new tire. They said my tire had been slashed and wouldn't honor the warrantee. Never went there again.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote