Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-02-2021, 12:05 PM   #121
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Greenwald looked at Rudy Giuliani's career trajectory from 2001-2021 and thought, 'I want what he's having.'
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
What's the full context? What does he want that Giuliani is having? He certainly doesn't want the legal threats and notoriety that Giuliani is undergoing. He has eschewed money which helped rich folks from being sued--don't think he wants Giuliani's money

Among many other things, he said":

"I knew that I didn't want to be representing rich people. I wanted to be suing them"--in favor of those poorer folks in their suits against the rich.

He has said"

"We'd go in there to torment the conservatives," he recalled. "But the more I started doing it, the more I got drawn into the conversations. I stayed there for two years and made friends with all these people ... I argued with them, debated with them. I was totally openly gay, and they were very accepting. It was an eye-opening experience, and it taught me not to make assumptions about who people are."

"Truth matters. Noble lies are never justified no matter the cause, especially in journalism."

Greenwald has said that systemic racism has existed in this country since its founding. He has said the the overwhelming majority of protests (such as against police "unrestrained violence" against citizens, especially against blacks) are justified. He has said that Trump's threat to use military to restore order in the streets was a threat to democracy.

Check the above videos that I posted to note his concerns over Trump's threats to the country when he was elected.

You keep trying to discredit Greenwald by casting what you seem to think are aspersions, without actually discussing a video or article which could credit his truth seeking, especially if it might disturb or debunk some anti-Trump conspiracy.

You revert to the kill the messenger or guilt by association type propaganda when you can't make a cogent argument.