Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2021, 09:10 AM   #151
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Oh my god, I just saw that Apple stick is down for the week. Using the lefty logic here, that means it’s a crappy company with crappy leadership. Because as everyone knows, all that matters s what happened last week. Nothing that happened before last week, means anything.

That just makes ALL KINDS of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:24 AM   #152
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
do you judge a state on how it did last month? or how it’s done since the beginning?

Are you guys serious?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim my statement is not state or Covid related it’s just what conservatives do on every topic . Lean towards lies and conspiracy rather than facts and Truth

Thats why still over 75% of Republicans still think Trump won!

And that’s not based on facts or Truth ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:27 AM   #153
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim my statement is not state or Covid related it’s just what conservatives do on every topic . Lean towards lies and conspiracy rather than facts and Truth

Thats why still over 75% of Republicans still think Trump won!

And that’s not based on facts or Truth ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
it's amusing that you've convinced yourself of this....
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:34 AM   #154
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim my statement is not state or Covid related it’s just what conservatives do on every topic . Lean towards lies and conspiracy rather than facts and Truth

Thats why still over 75% of Republicans still think Trump won!

And that’s not based on facts or Truth ..
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
nonsense. i literally analyze data for a living and it’s a huge influence for how i form conclusions.

I can say the same thing about liberals. liberals blame the gop for the fact that not everyone is vaccinated, yet two groups with low vaccination rates are blacks and people with PhDs. Those are not groups who take orders from the GOP in large numbers, are they?

In politics, plenty of people
on both sides ignore facts that are politically inconvenient for them.

The side that denies we have a porous southern border, which thinks that ones sex is whatever they say that it is, that unborn babies with heartbeats and neurological activity are nothing more than an inanimate mile to be removed, which thinks that fewer police is the key to improving cities, which denies that nuclear families are critically important…doesn’t have a monopoly on relying in facts.

Neither does the side that says Trump won, which denies anything is happening with our climate, which insists that masks and the vaccine don’t ever provide any benefit.

When you ignore every instance in which liberalism ignores facts, it’s pretty easy to conclude that they never do so. That doesn’t make it a true statement. It serves your personal agenda, but it’s a stupid thing to say.


The liberals here, are desperately trying to say Florida should be judged only on the covid deaths last week. Please tell me how that is an accurate depiction of facts or truth?

You won’t respond, because you can’t without criticizing the left.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:01 AM   #155
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
simple question. what’s more important, deaths in the last 7 days, or deaths since the beginning?

Who makes the baseball playoffs, the team with the best record in September? Or the team with the best record for the whole season?

Your brain just doesn’t work right.

Florida is having an awful
time lately. Their total
numbers are still
way better than CT, MA, and NY, which we were told
was led by the messiah himself, the “gold standard” according to biden.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You seem to believe that learning from experience is unimportant and that because the states with early outbreaks, when we had little experience dealing with COVID, that did things to reduce exposure so that they are not now dealing with the surges that the leaders in current COVID are is bad.
You could to move to Floriduh, maybe you could keep it from turning blue.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Just because someone says they think you are deplorable doesn't mean you have to prove it.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #156
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
You seem to believe that learning from experience is unimportant and that because the states with early outbreaks, when we had little experience dealing with COVID, that did things to reduce exposure so that they are not now dealing with the surges that the leaders in current COVID are is bad.
You could to move to Floriduh, maybe you could keep it from turning blue.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i did not say the data from last week is unimportant. I said it’s not nearly as important as total
death rates.

You are the one saying total death rates are unimportant.

Of course, you completely ignore that part of NYs awful numbers are because the governor ( who everyone in the left said was doing a great job) forced nursing homes to admit people with a disease we knew was going to be brutal to the elderly. we knew that then, yet Cuomo ordered it anyway, and after he did that, and after people
we’re needlessly dying by the thousands, your side still
said he was the greatest.

That’s the difference between us, If Florida’s numbers catch up with NY, I will say Desantis did an awful job. But until he got in trouble for sexual harassment, no one in the left was saying Cuomo did an awful
job. Sure as hell you never said that.

Because to all of you except Rockhound, truth takes a back seat to partisanship. Always
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:34 AM   #157
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's amusing that you've convinced yourself of this....
About as amusing that you think trump won?
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:43 AM   #158
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
nonsense. i literally analyze data for a living and it’s a huge influence for how i form conclusions.




Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim why do you think every response is about you? unless your part of the 75% of conservatives and republicans I was referring...

example

GOP Sen. Risch of Idaho Absurdly Demands Blinken Expose who has the the button to Turn Biden off

Just the most recent example of the GOP masquerading Conspiracy As Truth .. At Senate Hearing no less
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:54 AM   #159
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim why do you think every response is about you? unless your part of the 75% of conservatives and republicans I was referring...

example

GOP Sen. Risch of Idaho Absurdly Demands Blinken Expose who has the the button to Turn Biden off

Just the most recent example of the GOP masquerading Conspiracy As Truth .. At Senate Hearing no less
good point, not every response is all about me.

but all you do is ignore all the bad things the left does, and ignore all the good things the right does. it’s all any of you do.

why is it absurd to ask who is instructing Biden who he can speak to, and when he must stop talking? I’d like to know that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #160
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
About as amusing that you think trump won?
I didn't even vote for him...ever...pretty sure I was the first to pay my money to the charity in the wager we had going on here immediately following the election
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:07 AM   #161
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i did not say the data from last week is unimportant. I said it’s not nearly as important as total
death rates.

You are the one saying total death rates are unimportant.
No, I said learning is more important, but that doesn't fit your narrative.

Of course, you completely ignore that part of NYs awful numbers are because the governor ( who everyone in the left said was doing a great job) forced nursing homes to admit people with a disease we knew was going to be brutal to the elderly. we knew that then, yet Cuomo ordered it anyway, and after he did that, and after people
we’re needlessly dying by the thousands, your side still
said he was the greatest. You are perfectly willing to accept the Lardfather's transgressions, but obsess over any transgression of anyone you oppose. You're sort of like Lardfather's comment about Nikki Haley "Every time she criticizes me, she uncriticizes me about 15 minutes later"

That’s the difference between us, If Florida’s numbers catch up with NY, I will say Desantis did an awful job. But until he got in trouble for sexual harassment, no one in the left was saying Cuomo did an awful
job. Sure as hell you never said that.

Because to all of you except Rockhound, truth takes a back seat to partisanship. Always
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
In 2018, Ron DeSantis won by: 32,000

Currently, Florida's COVID deaths: 49,000




Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Just because someone says they think you are deplorable doesn't mean you have to prove it.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:54 PM   #162
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim why do you think every response is about you? unless your part of the 75% of conservatives and republicans I was referring...

example

GOP Sen. Risch of Idaho Absurdly Demands Blinken Expose who has the the button to Turn Biden off

Just the most recent example of the GOP masquerading Conspiracy As Truth .. At Senate Hearing no less
last night ,CNN host don lemon said we should
shun the unvaccinated, leave them
behind, and that the unvaccinated are stupid people who followed trump.

except huge. umbers if blacks and people with PhDs. aren’t vaccinated.

there’s a lefty defying facts for political convenience, which you said only republicans do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:03 PM   #163
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 10,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
last night ,CNN host don lemon said we should
shun the unvaccinated, leave them
behind, and that the unvaccinated are stupid people who followed trump.

except huge. umbers if blacks and people with PhDs. aren’t vaccinated.

there’s a lefty defying facts for political convenience, which you said only republicans do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm flat out and don't have a lot of time to argue on here right now, so basically hit and run... but the PhD thing stuck out with me, as I have one, and am vaccinated...

This was an interesting take on the article, that the number (24% PhD not vaccinated) may not all its cracked up to be.... Not saying it is wrong, but how the number was gleaned was not super reliable it seems...

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-among-ph-d-s/

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #164
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I'm flat out and don't have a lot of time to argue on here right now, so basically hit and run... but the PhD thing stuck out with me, as I have one, and am vaccinated...

This was an interesting take on the article, that the number (24% PhD not vaccinated) may not all its cracked up to be.... Not saying it is wrong, but how the number was gleaned was not super reliable it seems...

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-among-ph-d-s/
come on, no one is saying they’re all unvaccinated,,or that those who are, say anything about you.

how about the black number, also a right wing myth?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #165
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I'm flat out and don't have a lot of time to argue on here right now, so basically hit and run... but the PhD thing stuck out with me, as I have one, and am vaccinated...

This was an interesting take on the article, that the number (24% PhD not vaccinated) may not all its cracked up to be.... Not saying it is wrong, but how the number was gleaned was not super reliable it seems...

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-among-ph-d-s/
do you think people who have had covid, and therefore have natural antibodies, should be forced to get the vaccine? that’s a tough one for me. would genuinely like to know what you think.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:46 PM   #166
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 7,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
come on, no one is saying they’re all unvaccinated,,or that those who are, say anything about you.

how about the black number, also a right wing myth?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And just where did a lot of blacks get this distrust for government, hmmmmm could it have anything to do with how they have been used and abused by the government in the past, I’m sure there is a pretty good mix of democratic and republican blacks who still have old memories that impact decisions on vaccination.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:48 PM   #167
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK
iTrader: (0)
 
RIROCKHOUND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Westlery, RI
Posts: 10,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
do you think people who have had covid, and therefore have natural antibodies, should be forced to get the vaccine? that’s a tough one for me. would genuinely like to know what you think.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If they still have confirmed antibodies, no, BUT how long that lasts is unclear and they would likely benefit from the vax in most cases.

Of course to your other post it isn't all or nothing, but one poll saying it is 24% may or may not be indicative that is all I am saying.
The hesitancy among African Americans and as a whole poorer Americans is unfortunate. How much is fear, how much is worry of potential costs etc.. is all unfortunate. I said it earlier, there are multiple reasons why different groups are not getting vaccinated. Clearly it is not all GOP/Trump related, but it also can't all be African Americans and PhD's in the sun belt states keeping the rates low there.

Back to work, have fun guys and be nice...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:12 PM   #168
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
If they still have confirmed antibodies, no, BUT how long that lasts is unclear and they would likely benefit from the vax in most cases.

Of course to your other post it isn't all or nothing, but one poll saying it is 24% may or may not be indicative that is all I am saying.
The hesitancy among African Americans and as a whole poorer Americans is unfortunate. How much is fear, how much is worry of potential costs etc.. is all unfortunate. I said it earlier, there are multiple reasons why different groups are not getting vaccinated. Clearly it is not all GOP/Trump related, but it also can't all be African Americans and PhD's in the sun belt states keeping the rates low there.

Back to work, have fun guys and be nice...
i here you, that number of unvaccinated phds may be wrong. my point was, it’s not just trump fanatics who are i vaccinated. Trump is pushing for the vaccine.

So when a CNN prime time host says only Trumpkicans are preventing us from being fully vaccinated, it would
be nice is one of the lefties here could just say “he shouldn’t be saying that.”.

If the vaccination rate is low among blacks, it’s much more likely to be because ok Kamala Harris explicitly saying she wouldn’t take it if Trump suggested it. She’s more popular with blacks than Trump, and she’s the one, not Trump, who was skeptical.

Thanks for responding, i do appreciate it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:16 PM   #169
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
If they still have confirmed antibodies, no, BUT how long that lasts is unclear and they would likely benefit from the vax in most cases.

Of course to your other post it isn't all or nothing, but one poll saying it is 24% may or may not be indicative that is all I am saying.
The hesitancy among African Americans and as a whole poorer Americans is unfortunate. How much is fear, how much is worry of potential costs etc.. is all unfortunate. I said it earlier, there are multiple reasons why different groups are not getting vaccinated. Clearly it is not all GOP/Trump related, but it also can't all be African Americans and PhD's in the sun belt states keeping the rates low there.

Back to work, have fun guys and be nice...
i completely agree most people who have have covid, would
see some benefit from the vaccine. i just don’t know that they should be forced to take it.

I also don’t see a 100% vaccination rate as being any kind of end
game. We’re seeing tons of positive test results at universities that have 99% vaccination rates.

The disease probably isn’t going away, much more likely it hangs around like the flu. we need to accept that and get back to living.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:19 PM   #170
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
last night ,CNN host don lemon said we should
shun the unvaccinated, leave them
behind, and that the unvaccinated are stupid people who followed trump.

except huge. umbers if blacks and people with PhDs. aren’t vaccinated.

there’s a lefty defying facts for political convenience, which you said only republicans do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Once again you bring up blacks who Republicans out number 2 to 1 in this country.. and comparing the 2 vaccine non vaccinated rates as some how the same ?
Just so happens I saw that segment and his suggestion was leave all the unvaccinated behind. And that included blacks who hesitation is historical And Trump supporters it’s just political.. huge differences
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:21 PM   #171
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,255
A new national survey by Pew Research Center, conducted from Aug. 23 to 29 among 10,348 U.S. adults, prior to President Joe Biden’s announcement of COVID-19 vaccine mandates for employers, finds that 73% of those ages 18 and older say they’ve received at least one dose of a vaccine for COVID-19, with the vast majority of this group saying they have received all the shots they need to be fully vaccinated. About a quarter of adults (26%) say they have not received a vaccine.

Vaccination rates vary significantly across demographic groups, with smaller majorities of younger adults, those with lower family incomes and those living in rural areas saying they’ve received a COVID-19 vaccine. No more than six-in-ten of those without health insurance and White evangelical Protestants say they’ve been vaccinated (57% each). Notably, Black adults are now about as likely as White adults to say they’ve received a vaccine. Earlier in the outbreak, Black adults were less likely than White adults to say they planned to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

Partisan affiliation remains one of the widest differences in vaccination status: 86% of Democrats and independents who lean toward the Democratic Party have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, compared with 60% of Republicans and Republican leaners.

Americans express a range of sometimes cross-pressured sentiments toward vaccines. Overall, 73% say the statement “vaccines are the best way to protect Americans from COVID-19” describes their views very or somewhat well; 60% say their views are described at least somewhat well by the statement “people who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine are hurting the country.”

At the same time, 51% of the public says that the phrase “there’s too much pressure on Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine” describes their own views very or somewhat well. And 61% say the same about the statement “we don’t really know yet if there are serious health risks from COVID-19 vaccines.”

Vaccinated adults and those who have not received a vaccine differ widely in their views of vaccines – as well as other elements of the broader coronavirus outbreak. For instance, 77% of vaccinated adults say the statement “people who choose not to get a COVID-19 vaccine are hurting the country” describes them at least somewhat well. By contrast, 88% of those who have not received a vaccine say that “there’s too much pressure on Americans to get a COVID-19 vaccine” describes their own views very or somewhat well.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Just because someone says they think you are deplorable doesn't mean you have to prove it.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:22 PM   #172
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
good point, not every response is all about me.

but all you do is ignore all the bad things the left does, and ignore all the good things the right does. it’s all any of you do.

why is it absurd to ask who is instructing Biden who he can speak to, and when he must stop talking? I’d like to know that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So you believe the conspiracy of the mute button. Lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:25 PM   #173
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,255
That's what he sees on the TV

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Just because someone says they think you are deplorable doesn't mean you have to prove it.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #174
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
So you believe the conspiracy of the mute button. Lol
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i believe what i saw, when biden says “i was instructed to call on”
a friendly reporter, and when he said “they told me not to take any more questions.”

you deny he said those things regarding afghanistan recently? i’m curious to know who, exactly, gives these orders to the president. and why does he need o be given that kind of direction? john r mentioned it, nobody questioned him.

LOL.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:30 PM   #175
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,248
Analysis | Republicans keep hiding behind White Democrats to shift vaccine hesitancy blame onto Black Americans
Aug 24, 2021 — Yes, vaccination rates are lower among Blacks — but they're almost certainly lower still among White ... Washington post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:45 PM   #176
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 6,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i believe what i saw, when biden says “i was instructed to call on”
a friendly reporter, and when he said “they told me not to take any more questions.”

you deny he said those things regarding afghanistan recently? i’m curious to know who, exactly, gives these orders to the president. and why does he need o be given that kind of direction? john r mentioned it, nobody questioned him.

LOL.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Wow you are really out in left field.. is this your 1st time hearing about advising the POTUS . And they have a schedule to maintain? Not just play golf . did you also miss the 4 star general that needed to call and inform his counterpart the us was stable.. due to Trumps denialism of the outcome of the election .. now that’s a handler ! or was your dedication to Trump so complete . You think his staff never gave suggestions or told him what to do? And why he should do it , . or don’t think Trump was just handed the agenda or any paper and told sign here ! With zero clue what he was signing …. Ya ok
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:47 PM   #177
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Analysis | Republicans keep hiding behind White Democrats to shift vaccine hesitancy blame onto Black Americans
Aug 24, 2021 — Yes, vaccination rates are lower among Blacks — but they're almost certainly lower still among White ... Washington post
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"they're almost certainly lower still among White"

So instead of looking at he data to see for sure, you post am uncited quote making an unsupported generalization.

According to way left-leaning folks at Vox, who posted the definitive study through July, "At the start of July, the vaccination rate was about 15 percent lower for Black people than for white people in the US,"

Can you grasp hat that means? Or would you like me to see if I can send it to you in a pop-up book?

There's an actual, published study in this article, data from the right-wing racist nuts at the CDC...

https://www.vox.com/22587443/covid-1...lta-cases-rate

How dare you claim that Republicans deny truth and facts? Where do you get the nerve to do that? How can you deny that's exactly what you did here?

Here's an article from left-leaning Yahoo in August...

"In the United States, black people have the lowest vaccination rates of any racial or ethnic group"

https://news.yahoo.com/black-people-...ycsrp_catchall

Those words in the bold font just above? They prove I'm right, and you're either wrong or a lying partisan. Which is it?

The CDC, Yahoo, and Vox say vaccination rates are low for blacks. But some guy at the Post says the earth is flat, and by jiminy, that's good enough for you, isn't it.

We have zero need to speculate on what a moron at the Post thinks is "almost certainly" true. We don't need to speculate, we have the data. Which you chose to pretend didn't exist.

You are the only person I've heard deny this/ Everyone else is wrong, the CDC is wrong, Yahoo is wrong, Yahoo is wrong...and you are right. You know better than all of them

Maybe you should stop listening to whoever at the Post said that, because they were playing you for a sucker.
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #178
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,255
There are about thirty people working in the White House Press Office
Some people think that all that needs to happen is have the Chief Executive speak off the cuff to whoever he wants and whatever happens is fine.
The last bozo did just that, was caught in blatant lie after lie and nobody (except Jim) took his word.
The last administration had press secretaries who never held a press conference ever.
They quite consistently had their statements contradicted by the totally unscripted leader of the administration.
Impressive way to run a organization.

The MAGA crowd currently insisting General Milley committed treason should understand they're calling attention to the fact that everyone around their insane orange God king in the last months of his presidency thought he was completely insane and a danger to the country.

That's a little more than a mute button, isn't it?
Or maybe they should have just let his 1/15 Afghanistan withdrawal order stand.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Just because someone says they think you are deplorable doesn't mean you have to prove it.
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #179
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 16,195
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Wow you are really out in left field.. is this your 1st time hearing about advising the POTUS . And they have a schedule to maintain? Not just play golf . did you also miss the 4 star general that needed to call and inform his counterpart the us was stable.. due to Trumps denialism of the outcome of the election .. now that’s a handler ! or was your dedication to Trump so complete . You think his staff never gave suggestions or told him what to do? And why he should do it , . or don’t think Trump was just handed the agenda or any paper and told sign here ! With zero clue what he was signing …. Ya ok
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
again, you are denying truth. I am well aware that the president needs advisers.

He said "I was instructed to..."

He needs advisors for big, specific issues, for the military, for the economy, for crime, etc. Why does he need to be instructed (his words) which reporters he's allowed to call on?

You flushed your credibility here by suggesting the vaccination rates are "almost certainly" lower for whites, with absolutely zero data to back it up.

And as always, when you humiliated yourself, backed yourself into a corner from which there's no escape, you play the "but Trump" card.

If you can find a video where Trump said to Jim Acosta "I was instructed not to call on you". I will concede that Trump did it too.

What honest people suspect here, is that Biden needs to be coddled so that he doesn't go out there and soil himself, or start singing Ethel Merman tunes in response to a question.

"And they have a schedule to maintain?"

Nope. He mentioned who he was instructed to call on "first", which meant it was the beginning of the question-and-answer period.
Jim in CT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:56 PM   #180
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 10,255
Comparable majorities of Black (70%) and White (72%) adults have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Among Hispanic adults, 76% say they have received a vaccine, as do an overwhelming majority of English-speaking Asian adults (94%).

At earlier stages of the outbreak, Black adults had expressed significantly lower levels of intent to get a COVID-19 vaccine than White adults.

The vaccination rate among White evangelical Protestants continues to lag behind those of other major religious groups: 57% of White evangelicals say they have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, compared with 73% of White Protestants who are not evangelicals, 75% of religiously unaffiliated adults and 82% of Catholics.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Pete F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com