Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-20-2021, 02:50 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ok let’s make it really simple.

so in my sons school, where every kid is vaccinated and every kid is tested every other week, why should he have to wear a mask, especially when they are socially distancing, , while these adults ( a far riskier group) aren’t required to do so, while sitting on top of one another.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That would be, because life isn't fair.

Don't feel bad, most Karens failed to learn that lesson.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-20-2021, 03:06 PM   #32
spence

Quote:

so in my sons school, where every kid is vaccinated and every kid is tested every other week, why should he have to wear a mask, especially when they are socially distancing, , while these adults ( a far riskier group) aren’t required to do so, while sitting on top of one another.
Because it's the law.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:17 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Because it's the law.
i’ll try one last time..:

what’s the logic behind it?

how does it make sense?

are you afraid guys become a menstruating person, if you just admitted the optics are awful?

i tried 3-4 times here. you guys just can’t be reasoned with unless it’s an issue that paints liberalism favorably.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:36 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
what’s the logic behind it?
To help curtail the spread of covid, Jim.

I don't see what the big deal is. Most schools aren't fully vaccinated or do routine testing. Having multiple sets of rules for different schools just adds another layer of burden for both the schools and the state to comply with. If the masking gets your school down to zero cases for the year then I'd say that would be a dramatic success.

Funny how you want to call out the vaccinated and tested Hollywood elite yet say nothing about the tens of thousands of mask less football fans packed into stadiums this fall screaming at the top of their lungs.
Old 09-20-2021, 03:41 PM   #35
wdmso

Quote:
at my sons school, they’re all vaccinated ( private school).

why change the subject? I have no clue where your kids go to school

answer - even you know you can’t discuss this subject, and not have your side look stupid.

mask requirements do not extend to private schools? Or is that not the case in Conn

you’re dodging the question completely. because you know you can’t answer it without losing the argument.

Again you compare kids in school to adults at an event

how the hell do you know, how effortlessly kids are adjusting?

Just ask. I see kids outside my door at the bus stop from high school middle schools and elementary they all are outside and still wear their masks as easily as being on their phones

why can’t actors adjust to wearing their masks?

Their venue didn’t require it it’s really that simple.

because you can only criticize the right. you’re a brain dead parrot.

The right only deserves criticism
Because they all are complicit in the big lie
Trump Asks Georgia to Decertify 2020 Election Results, Calls for Naming of 'True Winner'

But masks is a bigger issue than stealing an election. It’s called priorities

everyone of you is exactly the same.

You’ll criticize republicans for
mask hesitancy, but. it these people. Please explain why?

have fun!
Now it’s called mask hesitancy .. Democratic’s wear them as and where required

GOPQ don’t wear them because it’s about Freedom

Do you not pay attention to anything those you support actually say and do?

Do yo ever provide examples that are remotely the same ?

Last edited by wdmso; 09-21-2021 at 06:58 AM..
Old 09-20-2021, 03:48 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
so you’re saying you’re not aware of a single case of a prominent democratic elected official, violating mask guidelines. that’s what you’re saying?

one of 100 i could
post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...a-53994209.amp

Old 09-20-2021, 04:05 PM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
How are schools that different from huge banquet halls that host the emmys?

My kids schools are also socially distancing. Are the people in the photo?

And schools have children. Children are less risky than adults.

Where did I go wrong?
You went wrong when you avoided the obvious, they are regulated differently, I really don’t know how any of of can make that difference clearer.
Old 09-20-2021, 04:28 PM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You went wrong when you avoided the obvious, they are regulated differently, I really don’t know how any of of can make that difference clearer.
tell me why it makes logical
sense. i’m aware they’re regulated differently.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:01 PM   #39
scottw

Quote:

Hollywood elite
this is amusing...
Old 09-20-2021, 06:05 PM   #40
scottw

Quote:

so in my sons school, where every kid is vaccinated and every kid is tested every other week

because masks make good sheep training....

remember Fauxshi said triple mask are a good idea...I think that was before the delta variant so 5-6 masks is probably the way to go
Old 09-20-2021, 06:06 PM   #41
scottw

Quote:
tell me why it makes logical
sense. i’m aware they’re regulated differently.
he doesn't even understand the difference between federal government mandates and private business policies
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 PM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:

GOPQ don’t wear them because it’s about Freedom

Do you not pay attention to anything those you support actually say and do?
sorry, here’s my favorite.

San Francisco has a mandate saying that if you’re in a bar or restaurant, unless you’re eating or drinking, you have to wear a mask.

Then there was video of the mayor dancing in a bar with no mask. Not eating or drinking at the time

Clearly, she violated her own mandate.

Her defense? In her own words, she wasn’t thinking about her mask, because she “ was feeling the spirit.”

that’s now a defense of violating her own mandates. “Feeling the spirit.”.

Can’t make that one up, i dare you to try.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2659894/%3famp

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-20-2021 at 08:00 PM..
Old 09-20-2021, 08:43 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Honestly, if Fox were being run by enemy psyops guys, how would we even be able to tell

Tucker Carlson says vaccine requirements for the military are a ploy to "identify the sincere Christians in the ranks, the free thinkers, the men with high testosterone levels, and anybody else who doesn't love Joe Biden and make them leave immediately."
Old 09-21-2021, 05:00 AM   #44
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Simple answer, double standard

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-21-2021, 05:59 AM   #45
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Because it's the law.
No it’s not

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 09-21-2021, 06:14 AM   #46
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No it’s not
Has essentially the same the force of a law, big whoop.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:53 AM   #47
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No it’s not
even if it were black letter law, i asked about the logic.

There was a time, thanks to Spences side, when the law codified slavery and segregation. did we just say “wish we could do something, but the law is the law”? Or did we question the law until it was repealed? same with gay marriage.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:54 AM   #48
Jim in CT

Quote:
Has essentially the same the force of a law, big whoop.
you know, you posted before that childhood numbers are up, as justification. i asked you if you were saying that kids are now as risky, or riskier, than adults, and i didn’t see you respond.

Why is that? Is it because you know you can’t answer honestly without making my point for me?
Old 09-21-2021, 07:10 AM   #49
wdmso

Quote:
so you’re saying you’re not aware of a single case of a prominent democratic elected official, violating mask guidelines. that’s what you’re saying?

one of 100 i could
post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc...a-53994209.amp

Again Jim why do you provide examples that are not remotely the same .. yes some Dems got caught disregarding their own mask orders
For you it’s like the girl throwing the egg ! you are incapable of seeing the big picture . How many maskless people at Trump rallies how many GOP lawmakers using executive orders they claim to hate so towns and businesses can’t mandate masks I don’t see you outraged when they are caught wearing one ? Because it’s a freedom issue … just say it

PS if your kids in a private school why does the mask mandated apply? My understanding it’s a private school thing same for vaccines
Old 09-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #50
scottw

Quote:

even if it were black letter law, i asked about the logic.

you know how it works...when democrats pass laws it's forever...no questions...when republicans pass laws it's just till democrats can find away around them...and if democrats say "it's a law" it's a law even if noone actually passed a law...

why don't you see the BIG Picture????
Old 09-21-2021, 07:36 AM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again Jim why do you provide examples that are not remotely the same .. yes some Dems got caught disregarding their own mask orders
For you it’s like the girl throwing the egg ! you are incapable of seeing the big picture . How many maskless people at Trump rallies how many GOP lawmakers using executive orders they claim to hate so towns and businesses can’t mandate masks I don’t see you outraged when they are caught wearing one ? Because it’s a freedom issue … just say it

PS if your kids in a private school why does the mask mandated apply? My understanding it’s a private school thing same for vaccines
you said dems wear the masks, republicans don’t. i disproved that. instead of saying i have a point, you say my examples “are not the same” yet naturally you don’t say why they’re not the same.

our catholic schools are following state mandates. i don’t tell my kids not to wear them, i’m not even saying i’m opposed to them wearing them ( there are experts on both sides, but zero consensus), just asking an obvious question, which has every single one of you twisted in knots because even you know, as TDF said, it’s a glaring double standard, but you can’t say it out loud, because you are a slave to liberalism and are incapable of criticizing it.

You “feeling the spirit” yet?
Old 09-21-2021, 07:39 AM   #52
scottw

Quote:

you said dems wear the masks, republicans don’t. i disproved that.

I wore mine into Aldi's yesterday.....
Old 09-21-2021, 07:42 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:

yup, most of these schools are following state guidance .... I'm coaching by a private school, if another school has a vax policy we have to abide by that whether home or away....most of the policy is actually guided by fear of lawsuits more than anything
Old 09-21-2021, 07:44 AM   #54
Pete F.
Canceled

"In the past week, Ohio saw a 44% increase in cases among school-aged children..

..[S]chool districts where masks are optional have seen a 54% week-over-week increase in cases, compared to a 34% spike in districts with mask requirements"
But………someone, somewhere did something 🦜💩
Old 09-21-2021, 07:52 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
"In the past week, Ohio saw a 44% increase in cases among school-aged children..

..[S]chool districts where masks are optional have seen a 54% week-over-week increase in cases, compared to a 34% spike in districts with mask requirements"
i don’t care about case counts, i care how many kids are actually sick.

Pete, if you could live as before and get covid but have no symptoms, or wear a mask and live in a light version of isolation and not have covid, which would you prefer? Please tell me which you’d prefer?

i don’t see why Case counts matter. It’s a highly contagious virus ( with a low mortality rate except among seniors and those with co morbidities who must be protected), that isn’t going away anytime soon. Most of us are going to get it at some point. It all points to something we have to live with for a long time, like the flu. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that it’s going to be eradicated. that’s not happens with viruses, except smallpox i guess.

There’s also a lot of evidence to suggest ( and not much to refute) that those who had covid and now have natural antibodies, are several times better protected against covid, than those with antibodies from the vaccine. Meaning, there’s a potential big upside to getting covid, especially if like the overwhelming majority of folks, it doesn’t make you too sick.

Connecticut College, where two of
my brothers went, has a 100% vaccination rate. and they test students regularly. they’re seeing a lot of positive tests ( kids aren’t getting sick though ), so they locked down, cancelled sports, all classes are remote, cafeterias are grab and go. If a 100% vaccination rate doesn’t prevent a complete lockdown, what’s the point?

I don’t know that case counts are the thing to focus on. lots of us have had it and never knew it.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:27 AM   #56
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

maybe the schools with the higher increase were in districts with more density....
Old 09-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
maybe the schools with the higher increase were in districts with more density....
that argument is limited to situations where it defends liberalism. didn’t you get the memo?
Old 09-21-2021, 08:51 AM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i don’t care about case counts, i care how many kids are actually sick.

Pete, if you could live as before and get covid but have no symptoms, or wear a mask and live in a light version of isolation and not have covid, which would you prefer? Please tell me which you’d prefer? I'd just as soon, have my wife not get it since she has no spleen. It's not all about me.

i don’t see why Case counts matter. It’s a highly contagious virus ( with a low mortality rate except among seniors and those with co morbidities who must be protected), that isn’t going away anytime soon. Most of us are going to get it at some point. It all points to something we have to live with for a long time, like the flu. There is absolutely zero reason to believe that it’s going to be eradicated. that’s not happens with viruses, except smallpox i guess. We have largely eradicated Polio, tetanus, Flu, Hepatitis A+B, Rubella, Hib, Measles, Pertussis, Rotavirus, Mumps, Chickenpox, Diphtheria and Pneumococcal Disease and completely eradicated smallpox and rinderpest. Widespread vaccination is responsible for that.

There’s also a lot of evidence to suggest ( and not much to refute) that those who had covid and now have natural antibodies, are several times better protected against covid, than those with antibodies from the vaccine. Meaning, there’s a potential big upside to getting covid, especially if like the overwhelming majority of folks, it doesn’t make you too sick.Sure, if you already died from Covid you won't die again. Your odds are 11 times better to die if you are not vacc'd

Connecticut College, where two of
my brothers went, has a 100% vaccination rate. and they test students regularly. they’re seeing a lot of positive tests ( kids aren’t getting sick though ), so they locked down, cancelled sports, all classes are remote, cafeterias are grab and go. If a 100% vaccination rate doesn’t prevent a complete lockdown, what’s the point?Connecticut College's positivity rate was over 4% the week before last, they observed their protocol and the rate dropped back to less than 1%. Evidently it works

I don’t know that case counts are the thing to focus on. lots of us have had it and never knew it.
So, "lots of us" unwittingly or carelessly spread it to our friends, family and coworkers. That is exactly the point of distancing, wearing masks, etc.

Case counts matter for drastic changes, for control they make little difference.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #59
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
The pandemic’s 2nd wrongest commentator continues to just be clueless.

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Ohio is experiencing a surge of pediatric COVID-19 cases that puts it among the worst states for numbers of kids hospitalized with the illness.

Ohio has seen 466 hospitalized children with COVID-19 since July 1, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. There were 170 kids hospitalized for the illness during the first half of September alone in the state.

Nine children have died of COVID-19 in Ohio, according to state records.

Among the 10 most populous U.S. states, Ohio ranks fifth for hospitalized children with COVID-19 since July 1, according to HHS data. Number one is Florida with 3,198, followed by Texas (2,832), Georgia (1,883) and California (669).

There has been a definite, and fast, uptick in the number of very sick children with COVID-19 admitted to University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital, said Rainbow pediatric infectious disease specialist Dr. Amy Edwards.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 09:26 AM   #60
wdmso

Quote:
you said dems wear the masks, republicans don’t. i disproved that. instead of saying i have a point, you say my examples “are not the same” yet naturally you don’t say why they’re not the same.

You “feeling the spirit” yet?
Jim your version of disproven is showing. 3 examples against thousands of examples and as usual calling them equal?

And your mask gripe should be with your school not the emmys ? Did you ask the Dioceses about why the emmys weren’t wearing masks and they were ? What did they say?