Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-24-2021, 10:22 AM   #61
scottw

probably need to replace the law enforcement at the border with social workers
Old 09-24-2021, 10:36 AM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
probably need to replace the law enforcement at the border with social workers
and where is the liberal/media outrage over the squalid conditions these people are forced to endure?

Obama built and used the cages, silence.

Trump used the cages, that made him Hitler, and they used an obama-era photo of kids in cages, to show us how truly evil Trump is. Makes sense.

Now things are way worse under Biden, now back to silence. Their outrage depends on the party of the sitting president.

I’m reminded of Groucho Marx who said “these are my principles, if you don’t like them i have other, different principles.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 09-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #63
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and where is the liberal/media outrage over the squalid conditions these people are forced to endure?
Actually there has been a lot of left wing criticism.

Quote:
Under Obama they built temporary facilities to house mostly unaccompanied minors.

Quote:
Trump used the cages, that made him Hitler
Because Trump changed the law to force breaking up families. Very different situation.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #64
scottw

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

Under Obama they built temporary facilities to house mostly unaccompanied minors.

so it was ok for Obama to put unaccompanied minors in cages?
Old 09-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #65
spence

Quote:
so it was ok for Obama to put unaccompanied minors in cages?
I'd assume the decision to use chain link dividers was made at a much lower level. Less than ideal but they needed a solution that was cheap and fast. Again, very different than mandating the break up of families, that's a much bigger issue.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:32 PM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-24-2021, 12:47 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually there has been a lot of left wing criticism.

Because Trump changed the law to force breaking up families. Very different situation.
"Actually there has been a lot of left wing criticism. "

Any from you? Didn't think so. WDMSO won't even concede the caravans are real, he said "the right claims there are caravans". That's how far away from reality he is.

"Under Obama they built temporary facilities to house mostly unaccompanied minors."

"Mostly". So you're saying, correctly, that Obama did break up some families (which NO ONE cared about), Trump expanded it, which everyone on the left cried over.

So, you're saying it's OK to forcibly split up some number of family units, but inhuman to go above that number. And by an amazing coincidence, you're going to say that Obama stayed below that number and Trump went over.

Spence, if you traveled with your kids to another country and flagrantly violated their federal laws, you wouldn't expect to be separated from your kids? Additionally, we know that some of these kids are being rented out to some of these adults who are fraudulently posing as a family in order to have a much better chance of staying.

Trump started to refer every single case for criminal processing. Why the heck shouldn't he? Did these people break the law or not?
If they want to stay with their kids (as well as avoid being gang raped by cartels on the Mexican side at illegal crossing points), there is a process for that. It's called legal immigration.

Biden doesn't need another badly bungled incident right now, but that's what he's got. Talking about ice cream isn't working on America anymore, not when they see this magnitude of gross incompetence regarding multiple independent events. Hence his polling, especially among independents.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:53 PM   #68
Jim in CT

Jeh Johnson, DHS secretary under the Obama administration, told NPR earlier this month that he couldn’t say that family separations “never happened” during his tenure.

In other words, they happened under the Obama administration. And no one cared enough to even know it was happening, including you.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/di...rate-families/

The very photo the left used to show what a monster Trump is, was a photo from the Obama years.

You can't make this up.
Old 09-24-2021, 01:16 PM   #69
spence

Quote:
Jeh Johnson, DHS secretary under the Obama administration, told NPR earlier this month that he couldn’t say that family separations “never happened” during his tenure.

In other words, they happened under the Obama administration. And no one cared enough to even know it was happening, including you.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/di...rate-families/

The very photo the left used to show what a monster Trump is, was a photo from the Obama years.

You can't make this up.
What are you huffing today?
Old 09-24-2021, 01:59 PM   #70
wdmso

Jim Republicans only see caravans around Election Day. And these caravans seem to never materialize or actually invade our open borders !

How did the right miss this Haitian caravan? My guess the election is over and more focused on doing nothing for Americans
Old 09-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #71
wdmso

Quote:
He seems to not understand something could have happened? and a policy that is designed to make sure separation of families actually happen !
Old 09-24-2021, 02:54 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim Republicans only see caravans around Election Day. And these caravans seem to never materialize or actually invade our open borders !

How did the right miss this Haitian caravan? My guess the election is over and more focused on doing nothing for Americans
first you say Republicans “claim” to see them, suggest isn’t they’re not really there.

now you’re saying they “only” see them on election day, meaning they ignore the others, which is the opposite of what you originally said.

which is it, does the gop make them
up, or ignore them, or are you saying they do both?

why would they ever ignore a large caravan? it’s a winning issue for them.

let’s make this simple enough even for you. please provide some examples of the gop either fabricating large caravans, or ignoring them ?
Old 09-24-2021, 02:55 PM   #73
Jim in CT

Quote:
Obama’s guy said that the obama
administration also separated families. you don’t quite admit that.

so why didn’t you care when obama
separated children from parents, but you are upset that trump did it?

and why do criminals have the right to expect to not be separated from their kids during processing? isn’t that what we do with criminals while they’re being processed?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-24-2021 at 03:03 PM..
Old 09-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
He seems to not understand something could have happened? and a policy that is designed to make sure separation of families actually happen !
you work in law enforcement, right? did you routinely see children staying with their parents while being processed through the system? or were they often separated.

if american citizens who break the law are separated from their kids for a time during processing, why do we give more benefit to foreign nationals who break the law?

Wayne, do you think it’s a good thing to discourage parents with children from crossing illegally? or is it smart to incentivize more adults to make the trip with children?

do you know what’s happening now? are we seeing more kids or less?
Old 09-24-2021, 03:53 PM   #75
spence

Quote:
Obama’s guy said that the obama
administration also separated families. you don’t quite admit that.
Jim, read my posts. Read your own factcheck posts.

Quote:
so why didn’t you care when obama
separated children from parents, but you are upset that trump did it?
It wasn't news then because it was so rare.

Quote:
and why do criminals have the right to expect to not be separated from their kids during processing? isn’t that what we do with criminals while they’re being processed?
Crossing the border is a misdemeanor. You don't take a baby from its mother over that.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:45 PM   #76
wdmso

Quote:
first you say Republicans “claim” to see them, suggest isn’t they’re not really there.

now you’re saying they “only” see them on election day, meaning they ignore the others, which is the opposite of what you originally said.

which is it, does the gop make them
up, or ignore them, or are you saying they do both?

why would they ever ignore a large caravan? it’s a winning issue for them.

let’s make this simple enough even for you. please provide some examples of the gop either fabricating large caravans, or ignoring them ?
Jim you. Do know caravans do not enter the United States correct

If all fearful the time from the right

Try being honest .. when do these caravans get reported by fox oan newsmax or politicians .. always prior to elections..

Also never said they ignored a good caravan . I said they missed the Haitian invasion while ignoring Americans with their Policy of just say NO to anything unless it’s a Trump lie then they say yes
Old 09-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #77
wdmso

Quote:
you work in law enforcement, right? did you routinely see children staying with their parents while being processed through the system? or were they often separated.

if american citizens who break the law are separated from their kids for a time during processing, why do we give more benefit to foreign nationals who break the law?

Wayne, do you think it’s a good thing to discourage parents with children from crossing illegally? or is it smart to incentivize more adults to make the trip with children?

do you know what’s happening now? are we seeing more kids or less?
Jim crossing the border is not a felony it’s. Misdemeanor

Again making comparisons that are not remotely the same

Imagine how desperate parents are to send their kids alone … no deterrent will change that
Old 09-24-2021, 08:54 PM   #78
Jim in CT

Quote:

Again making comparisons that are not remotely the same

Imagine how desperate parents are to send their kids alone … no deterrent will change that
and while you’re getting processed for a misdemeanor, can you keep
your kids with you?

as to the whipping and trampling, the guy who took some of the widely shared photos, says there was no whipping or trampling. maybe, just maybe, he knows because he was there? and maybe biden shouldn’t be saying the BP agents are guilty before they start an investigation.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:09 AM   #79
scottw

Quote:

Jim you. Do know caravans do not enter the United States correct

If all fearful the time from the right

Try being honest .. when do these caravans get reported by fox oan newsmax or politicians .. always prior to elections..

Also never said they ignored a good caravan . I said they missed the Haitian invasion while ignoring Americans with their Policy of just say NO to anything unless it’s a Trump lie then they say yes

this is bidenesque....
Old 09-25-2021, 03:11 AM   #80
scottw

Quote:

crossing the border legally is legal...

crossing the border illegally is.....illegal

sounds like you are trying to say that they are crossing the border illegally
Old 09-25-2021, 03:20 AM   #81
scottw

oh no!!!...this from FAUX News Australia....damn trumplicans are all over the world spreading lies and hate about about great president????

Old 09-25-2021, 06:33 AM   #82
wdmso

Quote:
and while you’re getting processed for a misdemeanor, can you keep
your kids with you?

do the cops give your children back ? do they keep them for days week and months your everything is the same nonsense is very tiring.. now separation is separation

do you realize a misdemeanor does not require an arrest most are just a criminal summons when the last time you saw illigals in handcuffs

as to the whipping and trampling, the guy who took some of the widely shared photos, says there was no whipping or trampling. maybe, just maybe, he knows because he was there? and maybe biden shouldn’t be saying the BP agents are guilty before they start an investigation.

I ve only said they look like they were rounding up cattle not crowd control Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Bidens quote “I promise you, those people will pay. There will be an investigation, underway now, and there will be consequences. There will be consequences,” he said Friday. “It's an embarrassment, but beyond an embarrassment, it is dangerous. It’s wrong, it sends the wrong message around the world, it sends the wrong message at home. It's simply not who we are."

Now the right whats to support the BPA but the cops on Jan 6th not so much ... the right need to make up their minds
Old 09-25-2021, 06:39 AM   #83
wdmso

Quote:
crossing the border legally is legal...

crossing the border illegally is.....illegal

sounds like you are trying to say that they are crossing the border illegally
it always has been a misdemeanor ..... even Trump did not change that

and the vast majority get sent back .. unless your a far right winger then you think they all stay in the US rape spread covid and other disease and illegally vote Democrat and steal Jobs .. like stealing an election its based on a feeling... feeling are the new facts for republicans
Old 09-25-2021, 07:15 AM   #84
scottw

Quote:
Bidens quote “I promise you, those people will pay. There will be an investigation, underway now, and there will be consequences. There will be consequences,” he said Friday. “It's an embarrassment, but beyond an embarrassment, it is dangerous. It’s wrong, it sends the wrong message around the world, it sends the wrong message at home. It's simply not who we are."

Now the right whats to support the BPA but the cops on Jan 6th not so much ... the right need to make up their minds
biden is an a-hole....and I think we've all supported the cops arresting the wrong doers on Jan 6th, some were taking selfies with the trump crowd...not sure about DC... but trespassing is a misdemeanor in RI
Old 09-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #85
scottw

Quote:

I ve only said they look like they were rounding up cattle not crowd control
when people run you have to chase them...

you DO understand the difference between American citizens gathering for a peaceful protest or whatever and foreigners pouring across our border without permission and with no intention of leaving....right????
Old 09-25-2021, 11:52 AM   #86
wdmso

Quote:
when people run you have to chase them...

you DO understand the difference between American citizens gathering for a peaceful protest or whatever and foreigners pouring across our border without permission and with no intention of leaving....right????
they were removed or did you miss that part ? and no one is pouring over our borders just more right wing paranoia.... they will not replace us mantra is all

meanwhile republican Governor If you’re a parent in Arizona and your child’s school requires students to wear masks, Gov. Doug Ducey is offering $7,000 in federal COVID-19 relief funds to help you send your child elsewhere.

But bidens an Ahole ... classic
Old 09-25-2021, 02:44 PM   #87
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I guess all 12,000 were airlifted in…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...xas/index.html
Old 09-26-2021, 03:18 AM   #88
scottw

Quote:

? and no one is pouring over our borders just more right wing paranoia....
you should watch the series that this guy did on the border situation...he is incredibly sympathetic to the migrants and their situation as most are....this was in April

according to PEW it's gotten worse since he was there...

AUGUST 13, 2021
Migrant encounters at U.S.-Mexico border are at a 21-year high
BY JOHN GRAMLICH
The U.S. Border Patrol reported nearly 200,000 encounters with migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border in July, the highest monthly total in more than two decades.

Old 09-26-2021, 03:20 AM   #89
scottw

Quote:
I'd assume the decision to use chain link dividers was made at a much lower level. Less than ideal but they needed a solution that was cheap and fast.
so under obama they were "chain link dividers"

under trump they were "cages"

gotcha....
Old 09-27-2021, 08:12 AM   #90
wdmso

Quote:
you should watch the series that this guy did on the border situation...he is incredibly sympathetic to the migrants and their situation as most are....this was in April

according to PEW it's gotten worse since he was there...

AUGUST 13, 2021
Migrant encounters at U.S.-Mexico border are at a 21-year high
BY JOHN GRAMLICH
The U.S. Border Patrol reported nearly 200,000 encounters with migrants along the U.S.-Mexico border in July, the highest monthly total in more than two decades.

I know people have never crossed the borders under any other POTUS

Not sure why people are surprised it’s the highest in 2 decades…. Look at what Covid done to big economy’s across the globe.. and the economy’s from these southern country’s went from bad to disaster with Covid.. and the last guy did nothing to stop illegal immigrants Covid help reduce the crossing temporarily they still came he did a great job of stopping legal immigrants that’s not debatable

Yet only the Right sees apprehensions as good under Republican shows they are catching them but apprehension under Democratic administration are twisted into they all stay no matter the evidence .,

That why 72 % of Republicans think Trump won ..