Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-06-2021, 03:15 PM   #271
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
A lot of folks can't tell the difference between Joseph Goebbels and Stephen Miller.

They bear an uncanny physical resemblance - and also share the ability to spread nationalistic hate.
There's a whole lot of differences between them, as there are between any human from either of them. Except for identical twins, it's easy find differences from any two humans. But you didn't note all the differences between Goebbels and Miller. You claimed a couple of what you consider similarities--which, in themselves, are superficial. Hell, even you have the ability to spread hate. I have perfect confidence in you that you could do the same with the nationalistic kind.

Of course, you had a bit of an agenda which gave you the opportunity to score another one of your "crose enough" tricks.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #272
Jim in CT

Pete, from Psychology today, a higher percentage of public school teachers have been accused of abusing kids, than priests. yet we only talk about priests, because teachers are sympathetic to liberalism. so you, and the media, give them a pass.

bitch slapped.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...-fiction%3famp
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-06-2021, 04:07 PM   #273
spence

And an interesting bit from Jim's attack piece on Warren...

"when in reality, a genealogist found she is a scant 1/32 Cherokee."

It's pretty absurd that while attacking Warren for claiming to be a Native American the author would be so sloppy as to ADMIT that she is one

Old 10-06-2021, 07:23 PM   #274
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pete, from Psychology today, a higher percentage of public school teachers have been accused of abusing kids, than priests. yet we only talk about priests, because teachers are sympathetic to liberalism. so you, and the media, give them a pass.

bitch slapped.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...-fiction%3famp
Are you actually a teen aged girl or just playing one?

Last edited by Pete F.; 10-06-2021 at 07:28 PM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-06-2021, 07:32 PM   #275
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

It's pretty absurd that while attacking Warren for claiming to be a Native American the author would be so sloppy as to ADMIT that she is one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcstlo...na-test-claims
Old 10-06-2021, 07:37 PM   #276
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

and you abandoned your other defenses if her, after i shredded them, see.

one more time. if she attacks banks for making money off foreclosures, why is it ok for her to make
money off foreclosures ( which even you conceded she did)?

f she says it’s exploitative to issue student loans to college kids, why is it ok when a fair amount of student loan money funded her $400,000 salary at harvard??

how come she can attack others for doing what she herself does?
Old 10-06-2021, 08:20 PM   #277
detbuch

Quote:
There are two things you need to learn about America:
1) We’ve got a lot of money. We’re the richest country on the face of the planet.
2) None of us think we’ve got a lot of money.
Either you contradicted yourself, or you don't consider yourself one of us or we that are the Americans you speak of.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:01 PM   #278
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Either you contradicted yourself, or you don't consider yourself one of us or we that are the Americans you speak of.
You’re overthinking it

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-07-2021, 01:32 AM   #279
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and you abandoned your other defenses if her, after i shredded them, see.

one more time. if she attacks banks for making money off foreclosures, why is it ok for her to make
money off foreclosures ( which even you conceded she did)?

f she says it’s exploitative to issue student loans to college kids, why is it ok when a fair amount of student loan money funded her $400,000 salary at harvard??

how come she can attack others for doing what she herself does?

Jim why attack warren and even mention the Indian thing ? but remain silent when Republicans who are not willing to pay Trumps credit card bill which includes his unpaid for tax cut? And are lying trying to make it about fiscal responsibility that only their gullible base is buying !

Republicans have raised the debt ceiling 31 time Dem 12. But Republicans have abandoned facts over fiction

Military spending is is approximately $753. 39 billion a YEAR

Yet Republicans are against 3.5 trillion over 10 years that will be paid for by getting rid of Trumps reckless tax cuts So much for American 1st

President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law in December 2017. CBO forecasts that the 2017 Tax Act will increase the sum of budget deficits (debt) by $2.289 trillion over the 2018-2027

The budget deficit increased from $779 billion in FY2018 to $984 billion FY2019, up $205 billion or 26%. The budget deficit increased from $666 billion in FY2017 to $779 billion in FY2018, an increase of $113 billion or 17.0%.[10] The 2019 deficit was an estimated 4.7% GDP, up from 3.9% GDP in 2018 and 3.5% GDP in 2017. The historical average deficit is 2.9% GDP.[11] During January 2017, just prior to President Trump's inauguration, CBO forecast that FY2019 budget deficit would be $610 billion if laws in place at that time remained in place. The $984 billion actual results represents a $374 billion or 61% increase versus that forecast, driven mainly by tax cuts and additional spending. Similarly, the FY 2018 budget deficit of $779 billion was a $292 billion or 60% increase versus that forecast.[12]

Fiscal responsibility on display Republicans style
Old 10-07-2021, 02:43 AM   #280
scottw

Wayne. When someone gives you back some of the money that they’ve taken from you…..it’s not a “cut”…..”fiscal responsibility” is not wringing more money out of taxpayers because you can’t control your urge to spend
Old 10-07-2021, 05:02 AM   #281
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Jim why attack warren and even mention the Indian thing ? but remain silent when Republicans who are not willing to pay Trumps credit card bill which includes his unpaid for tax cut? And are lying trying to make it about fiscal responsibility that only their gullible base is buying !

Republicans have raised the debt ceiling 31 time Dem 12. But Republicans have abandoned facts over fiction

Military spending is is approximately $753. 39 billion a YEAR

Yet Republicans are against 3.5 trillion over 10 years that will be paid for by getting rid of Trumps reckless tax cuts So much for American 1st

President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law in December 2017. CBO forecasts that the 2017 Tax Act will increase the sum of budget deficits (debt) by $2.289 trillion over the 2018-2027

The budget deficit increased from $779 billion in FY2018 to $984 billion FY2019, up $205 billion or 26%. The budget deficit increased from $666 billion in FY2017 to $779 billion in FY2018, an increase of $113 billion or 17.0%.[10] The 2019 deficit was an estimated 4.7% GDP, up from 3.9% GDP in 2018 and 3.5% GDP in 2017. The historical average deficit is 2.9% GDP.[11] During January 2017, just prior to President Trump's inauguration, CBO forecast that FY2019 budget deficit would be $610 billion if laws in place at that time remained in place. The $984 billion actual results represents a $374 billion or 61% increase versus that forecast, driven mainly by tax cuts and additional spending. Similarly, the FY 2018 budget deficit of $779 billion was a $292 billion or 60% increase versus that forecast.[12]

Fiscal responsibility on display Republicans style
why bring up when democrats lie? we’re ONLY supposed to discuss lying when republicans do it.

as scott said, there are two ways, not just one, to improve the balance sheet. Controlling spending is the other. granted, no one in the gop cares about cutting spending when there’s a republican in the white house. but some of the conservatives here said trump spent way too much money, and we were right.

how much of your neighbors paycheck are you entitled to? and how much is he entitled to? is there any limit?
Old 10-07-2021, 03:09 PM   #282
detbuch

Quote:
You’re overthinking it
Ironic coming from the master of creating political volcanos out of trifling molehills. Or who pastes together a $hitload of closely resembling facts and factoids, opinions, comparisons, conjectures, and insinuations (and some lies) in order to create a narrative which looks or sounds "crose enough" to reality to resemble an actually feasible argument.

Anyway, your post didn't contain enough coherent or meaningful thought to warrant any responsive thought or overthinking. It was interesting only in the unintended contradiction.
Old 10-07-2021, 07:15 PM   #283
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Ironic coming from the master of creating political volcanos out of trifling molehills. Or who pastes together a $hitload of closely resembling facts and factoids, opinions, comparisons, conjectures, and insinuations (and some lies) in order to create a narrative which looks or sounds "crose enough" to reality to resemble an actually feasible argument.

Anyway, your post didn't contain enough coherent or meaningful thought to warrant any responsive thought or overthinking. It was interesting only in the unintended contradiction.
That meets the definition of verbal diarrhea
But more coherent than most of the YouTube videos you post

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-07-2021, 07:36 PM   #284
detbuch

Quote:
That meets the definition of verbal diarrhea
But more coherent than most of the YouTube videos you post
Thanks for the compliment.