Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-09-2021, 09:49 PM   #1
Jim in CT

school materials distributed by Garlands son in law

Panorama is an education services company co founded by the son in law of AG Merrill Garland.

Among the approved material Panorama gives to schools, are the. notions that white supremacy is everywhere, bad cops are white supremacists, Trump supporters are white supremacists, schools
only celebrate the success of students who meet cultural norms, etc.

and if parents protest this. ( if parents say their rad dollars shouldn’t go to Garlands daughter), Garland will flag you as a domestic terrorist.

But republicans are the fascists.

, https://www.foxnews.com/politics/com...e-supremacists
Old 10-10-2021, 06:18 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

The American right is banning books, chilling teachers’ free speech and plotting to steal the 2024 election and combine with far right militias and white nationalists to install Donald Trump as a decrepit American autocrat, with violence if necessary. I wish that was hyperbole.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-10-2021, 07:03 AM   #3
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
The American right is banning books, chilling teachers’ free speech and plotting to steal the 2024 election and combine with far right militias and white nationalists to install Donald Trump as a decrepit American autocrat, with violence if necessary. I wish that was hyperbole.

get some help before it's too late pete....
Old 10-10-2021, 08:03 AM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

get some help before it's too late pete....
we aren’t allowed to discuss for two
seconds, events that paint the left in a negative light. we must immediately pivot to fabricated myths about trump planning a violent coup.

Let’s go Brandon…

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-10-2021 at 08:28 AM..
Old 10-10-2021, 10:21 AM   #5
wdmso

This is the issue all these parent’s concerned that that their kids are being Taught CRT 1st need understand they believe a lie 2nd. Most if not all have no idea what CRT is or even explain or provide examples of it being taught anywhere . 3rd no school K Tru 12 school in American is teaching CRT .. but facts don’t matter to this vocal minority ..

Many of these school meeting protesters don’t even have kids in that district. Just another example of the conservatives right spewing conspiracy theory’s and their base is off and running .

AndNot Jim or any other conservatives can show any or Merit Garlands son in-laws company sells CRT material or lesion plans they Just Feel that’s what happened and down the conspiracy rabbit hole Jim and the rest of MAGA land go.

And suddenly as if by MAGIC these connections materialize. As soon as the DOC meet with local law enforcement on the threats to school board members ! What. Coincidence
Old 10-10-2021, 10:39 AM   #6
spence

FINALLY THE SMOKNG GUN!!!
Old 10-10-2021, 10:54 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
This is the issue all these parent’s concerned that that their kids are being Taught CRT 1st need understand they believe a lie 2nd. Most if not all have no idea what CRT is or even explain or provide examples of it being taught anywhere . 3rd no school K Tru 12 school in American is teaching CRT .. but facts don’t matter to this vocal minority ..

Many of these school meeting protesters don’t even have kids in that district. Just another example of the conservatives right spewing conspiracy theory’s and their base is off and running .

AndNot Jim or any other conservatives can show any or Merit Garlands son in-laws company sells CRT material or lesion plans they Just Feel that’s what happened and down the conspiracy rabbit hole Jim and the rest of MAGA land go.

And suddenly as if by MAGIC these connections materialize. As soon as the DOC meet with local law enforcement on the threats to school board members ! What. Coincidence
so the link i provided is lying about what pandora is distributing to schools?
Old 10-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yes … only Wayne has all of the facts and truth…all else is conspiracy theory
Old 10-10-2021, 11:46 AM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Fox News always plays it straight and news is always factual and never just spin. If it says Fox News it’s always rilpley believe it or not.
Old 10-10-2021, 11:50 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
The Fox story doesn’t connect the article to Pandora as the link rather conveniently doesn’t lead to a public facing document.

I read the entire article referenced anyway, aside from an unnecessary swipe at MAGAs it’s more thought provoking than anything else.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:11 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Fox News always plays it straight and news is always factual and never just spin. If it says Fox News it’s always rilpley believe it or not.
do you have evidence that what’s in there is wrong?
Old 10-10-2021, 12:51 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
do you have evidence that what’s in there is wrong?
I don’t follow the conspiracy theory network, so no I didn’t click your link, but hey you keep getting your news from the truth network.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:00 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don’t follow the conspiracy theory network, so no I didn’t click your link, but hey you keep getting your news from the truth network.
no kidding. so let’s only listen to the network which told spence that the capital cop was beaten to death and that Liz Warren never flipped foreclosures, who told pete the january 6th rioters murdered 5 people, who say cities would be better off with less police, and who all got together to bury the hunter biden emails, which we now know were legit.

and fox news has compulsive liars as well no doubt. tucker carlson routinely bashes republicans, so i lean towards him, but he’s obviously biased as well. but he’s the one my prime time network who routinely criticizes his side and who routinely says the other side has some good ideas. there isn’t anyone elise who does that.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:01 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
in other words, you have zero evidence it’s not true, but you don’t like the picture it paints so let’s ignore it.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:14 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
in other words, you have zero evidence it’s not true, but you don’t like the picture it paints so let’s ignore it.
I just like poking you, it’s a fun game I play, when I see how easy it is to get your dander up.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:22 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
I just like poking you, it’s a fun game I play, when I see how easy it is to get your dander up.
i’d say you’re embarrassing yourself, not sure how that’s poking me but knock yourself out.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:39 PM   #17
spence

I think wdsmo has got a good read on this. The people complaining the loudest have been duped by the right wing and Fox to think there’s a CRT conspiracy going after their children when they don’t even have a clue what it is. Just another stupid culture war battle.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:03 PM   #18
Jim in CT

i don’t have a problem teaching any historical facts. among those facts, ought to be which party fought for and against slavery, and which party fought for and against Jim Crow segregation. But there is t a public school
in the country that teaches those facts. because the unions like democrats.

if Panorama is teaching that police killings of unarmed civilians are rooted in white supremacy ( zero evidence to support that nonsense), i’d have a problem with that. Panorama is selling that crap to schools.

i don’t think many people
oppose teaching slavery. the disagreement is whether or not we have culpability for what people of their skin color did 150 years ago.

if it’s all about white supremacy, PLEASE explain why the most economically successful group in this country are Asians? answer - their culture incentivizes families to stay extremely close knit, people to work 24 hours a day to get what they want, and to believe that education is a gift from God. Guess what? that formula actually works!! Who knew?’. for some reason, the left will do anything to share that almost foolproof formula.
Old 10-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #19
spence

Quote:
i don’t have a problem teaching any historical facts. among those facts, ought to be which party fought for and against slavery, and which party fought for and against Jim Crow segregation.
I hate to even bring this up but you do realize the Democratic and Republican platforms pretty much swapped a hundred’ish years ago right?
Old 10-10-2021, 03:02 PM   #20
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

No they didn’t
Old 10-10-2021, 03:04 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I hate to even bring this up but you do realize the Democratic and Republican platforms pretty much swapped a hundred’ish years ago right?
not even close. the gop is advocating for jim crow?
Old 10-10-2021, 03:04 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
No they didn’t
unbelievable…
Old 10-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
donald trump helped get black unemployment to its lowest ever ( which republicans celebrated at the SOTU, democrats sat there miserable), increased funding to black colleges, advocated for criminal justice reform, advocated for school choice. Those are things the democrats were advocating for 100-ish years ago? who told you that, the same anchor who told you that Warren didn’t profit from foreclosures? or the one who told you the capital cop was beaten to death with the fire extinguisher? or the one who told you Nick Sandman was a skinhead?
Old 10-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
not even close. the gop is advocating for jim crow?
Proof that satire isn’t dead

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-10-2021, 03:47 PM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
Yes Jim click on on of the fox links ones a dead end the other sends you to a 2020 story by
Altagracia Montilla. Who has 13 followers …. There is nothing provided at all showing anything that uses the term CRT …

Your making it up it’s all suggestive there are no facts nothing .. linking Garlands action to His daughter and son in law…. But why should facts matter …. They haven’t mattered since Trump lost..

And let say they are selling CRT Lessons plans and schools buy them? What’s the problem is it illegal…No. The honest truth is the intellectual dishonest conservatives are just upset that white people are not going to be allowed to Threaten School board members.. and via some crazy theory are suggesting that why the AG is looking into the problem because of his daughter and son in law !!

What a pathetic argument like Trumps black unemployment you always circle back to?

Last edited by wdmso; 10-10-2021 at 03:58 PM..
Old 10-10-2021, 03:59 PM   #26
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Yes … only Wayne has all of the facts and truth…all else is conspiracy theory
Still hoping you post something fact based at least once
Old 10-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Still hoping you post something fact based at least once
like saying “republicans can’t do a single thing for fellow americans”?
Old 10-10-2021, 04:17 PM   #28
wdmso

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said the crackdown was part of a “disturbing trend” in which Democrats are trying to muzzle parents and stop them from having a say in their children’s education.

“Parents have a fundamental right to be lawfully involved in their children’s education. We should encourage family participation in our school systems, not baselessly attack opposing views because some liberal education officials and special interest groups see it as a threat to the power they want to have over what children learn in America’s classroom,” he said in a statement.

“This latest decision by President Biden is yet another example of him using his executive power to federalize every sector in our society. He wants to use the IRS to comb through our banking transactions, and now he wants to use his DOJ to target American families who dare to ask questions involving their children’s education.”

Classic fear mongers from the usual suspects .. it’s Amazing Garland trying to reduce threats of violence against Americans is more outrageous to Republicans than Jan6th or Trumps actions….

The new GOP is a more disturbing trend then Biden that much is clear Just look Kevin’s language. CRACKDOWN SEARCH YOU BANK ACCOUNT TARGET AMERICAN FAMILIES MUZZLE PARENTS USING EXECUTIVE POWER and don’t forget those liberal education officials and special interest groups a MAGA and Republicans smorgasbord of trigger words

Be afraid that’s all the GOP ever sells
Old 10-10-2021, 04:19 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said the crackdown was part of a “disturbing trend” in which Democrats are trying to muzzle parents and stop them from having a say in their children’s education.

“Parents have a fundamental right to be lawfully involved in their children’s education. We should encourage family participation in our school systems, not baselessly attack opposing views because some liberal education officials and special interest groups see it as a threat to the power they want to have over what children learn in America’s classroom,” he said in a statement.

“This latest decision by President Biden is yet another example of him using his executive power to federalize every sector in our society. He wants to use the IRS to comb through our banking transactions, and now he wants to use his DOJ to target American families who dare to ask questions involving their children’s education.”

Classic fear mongers from the usual suspects .. it’s Amazing Garland trying to reduce threats of violence against Americans is more outrageous to Republicans than Jan6th or Trumps actions….

The new GOP is a more disturbing trend then Biden that much is clear Just look Kevin’s language. CRACKDOWN SEARCH YOU BANK ACCOUNT TARGET AMERICAN FAMILIES MUZZLE PARENTS USING EXECUTIVE POWER and don’t forget those liberal education officials and special interest groups

Be afraid that’s all the GOP ever sells
i have no problem
prosecuting people who make threats and obviously those who commit violence. but the media is showing videos of parents just being critical at boe meetings, and calling them domestic terrorists on worldwide tv.
Old 10-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:

The new GOP is a more disturbing trend then Biden that much is clear
obviously, which explains Biden’s soaring polling numbers, right?