Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-20-2021, 08:49 AM   #61
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I approve of cops using excessive force to deal with excessive stupidity....
Quote:
videos are almost never edited....
Quote:
you and wayne should both know at "your" age that "you are" = you're....carry on reminding us how smart and factual you both are
Quote:
summer of love training......
Quote:
your posts are actually no different
Quote:
it's fun getting lectures on the meanings of words from someone who has spent half a century or so on the planet and still doesn't know the difference between you're and your

[QUOTE=scottw;1215987]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

Projecting again?

You keep repeating the same claim that you hear

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

you never repeat stuff
Quote:
Well, It’s actually worse than just poor spelling. It’s an apparent lack of simple understanding which most people gain naturally over time by reading, writing and conversing…..I haven’t even begun to use excessive force…
Quote:
You moved the goal post….he tripped over it
Quote:
that's hilarious....
Quote:
he has FOX Tourette's...pretty sure no one here has ever claimed FOX is in the center...whatever that is...
Quote:
this is like putting people in a box based on race....
The one who thinks he is master of critical thought speaks, and again exhibits mindless criticism

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2021, 09:03 AM   #62
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
quoting your lies back to you is ‘moving the goal posts”? gotcha.
Jim the only one telling lies is you

You made up 85dollar a barrel comment

You made up that I said you compared 9\11 to the sit in

It’s what you do you make things up in your head , then post them as if they were actually written. And insist to the writer that’s what they said.

Jim that’s actually lying.. why are you so dishonest? Just admit you misinterpreted what was written and move on rather than trying to convince people what you did didn’t happen
Old 10-20-2021, 09:10 AM   #63
scottw

[QUOTE=Pete F.;1216011]
Quote:

The one who thinks he is master of critical thought speaks, and again exhibits mindless criticism
some brilliant stuff in there thanks for reminding us
Old 10-20-2021, 09:12 AM   #64
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

It’s what you do you make things up in your head , then post them as if they were actually written. And insist to the writer that’s what they said.

Jim that’s actually lying.. why are you so dishonest? Just admit you misinterpreted what was written and move on rather than trying to convince people what you did didn’t happen

this is like biden reading a teleprompter...
Old 10-20-2021, 09:51 AM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

for the last time, you said republicans are suggesting we have never seen these oil prices before a

i asked 5 times who suggested that. I offered you $100 for evidence that any influential republicans had ever suggested that. that’s how sure i was that you made it up.

you told me to keep my money.

meaning, you knew you couldn’t support your statement, because you know you lied.

You’re obsessed with liberalism, you’re possessed by it. it’s not merely something you believe in, rather you are literally enslaved by it. and because of that, you’ll deny any fact, or make up any lie, to defend your master.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:52 AM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
this is like biden reading a teleprompter...
i don’t know wtf that is. but if he makes a claim and i publicly offer $100 for him to support it and he says he can’t, that means he lied.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:23 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Pay the man ��

BARTIROMO: That's right.

MCCARTHY: President Biden said he's going to bring us back. He's brought us back to the '70s, being held hostage in Afghanistan, oil prices the highest that we have seen, begging OPEC to produce more.

And now we're watching that they are trying to cheat within elections, inflation at a number we have not seen. This is Jimmy Carter on steroids.

Trying to liken President Joe Biden's tenure to the 1970s era of former President Jimmy Carter, which was beset by inflation and oil-related challenges, McCarthy claimed that oil prices are now "the highest that we have seen."
Facts First: McCarthy was wrong. Oil prices under Biden are not even close to the highest we have ever seen. Crude prices peaked in 2008 under Republican President George W. Bush -- more than double their level at the time McCarthy's interview aired Sunday. Crude prices were also higher at various points under Republican President Donald Trump than they were on Sunday.

Last edited by Pete F.; 10-20-2021 at 10:31 AM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #68
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pay the man ��

MCCARTHY: President Biden said he's going to bring us back. He's brought us back to the '70s, being held hostage in Afghanistan, oil prices the highest that we have seen, begging OPEC to produce more.

And now we're watching that they are trying to cheat within elections, inflation at a number we have not seen. This is Jimmy Carter on steroids.

Trying to liken President Joe Biden's tenure to the 1970s era of former President Jimmy Carter, which was beset by inflation and oil-related challenges, McCarthy claimed that oil prices are now "the highest that we have seen."
Facts First: McCarthy was wrong. Oil prices under Biden are not even close to the highest we have ever seen. Crude prices peaked in 2008 under Republican President George W. Bush -- more than double their level at the time McCarthy's interview aired Sunday. Crude prices were also higher at various points under Republican President Donald Trump than they were on Sunday.
he tells me where to send the money, i’ll happily pay him. it’s an absurdly stupid thing for McCarthy to say. but he’s not “republicans”, he’s one idiot.

the fact that wayne didn’t post this, tells me he had no idea that mccarthy said it. but he did say it, he should absolutely be called out on it because it’s such a absurdly stupid lie to tell, and i’ll happily give wayne the $100 if he tells me where to send it.

and i’ll never take mccarthy seriously again, never.

fair enough?
Old 10-20-2021, 10:47 AM   #69
Pete F.
Canceled

Well, I'd agree he's an idiot.

But Kevin McCarthy is the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives, so that idiot is nominally in charge.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Well, I'd agree he's an idiot.

But Kevin McCarthy is the Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives, so that idiot is nominally in charge.
he’s not some anonymous nobody. and he should know way better than to say something that demonstrably, obviously wrong.

i’m not going to utter a syllable in defense of what he said, because there’s no conceivable defense for it. none.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:57 PM   #71
spence

Quote:
i’m not going to utter a syllable in defense of what he said, because there’s no conceivable defense for it. none.
Considering you both share an incredible fondness for butt-hurt I'd think you'd be a fervent supporter.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:39 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Considering you both share an incredible fondness for butt-hurt I'd think you'd be a fervent supporter.
i don’t think i’m prone to butt hurt, but clearly you and he share the identical willingness to say anything, no matter how ridiculous, to defend your side. You have much in common with him. i can call him exactly what he is, you can never, ever criticize your side.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
he tells me where to send the money, i’ll happily pay him. it’s an absurdly stupid thing for McCarthy to say. but he’s not “republicans”, he’s one idiot.

the fact that wayne didn’t post this, tells me he had no idea that mccarthy said it. but he did say it, he should absolutely be called out on it because it’s such a absurdly stupid lie to tell, and i’ll happily give wayne the $100 if he tells me where to send it.

and i’ll never take mccarthy seriously again, never.

fair enough?
Jim I don’t need to know Kevin made this statement …. Why because what I said was

Republicans we’re suggesting such a Things to their base .. why because they are so predictable

send Pete the 100.00 bucks seeing he proved what you imagined. I said … but never did
Old 10-20-2021, 03:56 PM   #74
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
for the last time
Anyone care to put a number on how many of Jim’s post either start with that phrase or it’s somehow its part of his repeated narrative? It’s a pattern, once he gets his needle stuck, if he can’t get anyone to pony up with exactly what he needs to see, it’s going to be there endlessly until he gets tired of asking, which as we all know isn’t likely.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:58 PM   #75
scottw

Quote:
Pay the man ��

MCCARTHY:

oil prices the highest that we have seen,

McCarthy claimed that oil prices are now "the highest that we have seen."

Facts First: McCarthy was wrong.

Oil prices under Biden are not even close to the highest we have ever seen. “.
Spence would argue what McCarthy actually said is different than what bartiromo is saying he said so you and she are probably wrong or confused