Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 08-27-2020, 10:00 AM   #31
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
thats the Republicans problem their all hero worshipers and flag wavers . Your all to impressed with titles OMG he was a Ranger its not special.

But please take time to look at your conservative heros of the past Powell and what they have to say about Trump and his party. They must have TDS is not an answer
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i’m happy saying that vets and others who answer the call to duty in different ways, win out over hollywood celebrities, every time.

why does colin powell have more credibility than tom cotton, exactly?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:09 AM   #32
Pete F.
Canceled

Mike Pence says "you won't be safe in Joe Biden's America" when the rioting and protesting that Pence is also demonizing is literally happening in Trump's America.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Mike Pence says "you won't be safe in Joe Biden's America" when the rioting and protesting that Pence is also demonizing is literally happening in Trump's America.
biden’s party is distorting the issue of police brutality for political
gain, knowing it will
trigger this violence.

biden did not utter a word about the violence at the dnc. stands to reason, then, that he doesn’t think it’s a big deal.

bidens party wants to decrease the scope of police.

pence was correct. unlike you, i’m not someone who can never criticize his side. pam bondis speech was awful. but pence has a point, for the reasons unlisted.

you’ve really got me on the ropes again, eh?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

So you’re claiming America is on fire, lawlessness prevails, people are fleeing, crime is pervasive, mobs rule the streets,murderers taunt police, citizens are afraid, civil society has broken down.

And whose administration is it happening under?
And we should believe he is capable of changing it?
Hasn’t slowed it down a bit yet, has he?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:33 AM   #35
wdmso

US President Donald Trump has called for himself and Democratic challenger Joe Biden to submit to drug tests before their first debate next month.

This is the depth of Trumps genius
Old 08-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #36
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m happy saying that vets and others who answer the call to duty in different ways, win out over hollywood celebrities, every time.

why does colin powell have more credibility than tom cotton, exactly?
Ask yourself
Why would a most respected black republican who they RNC wanted to run for POTUS . Yet now is compared to tom cotton mr Send In the Troops.. not sure what your point
Old 08-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

Joe Biden inspired a kid to face his stutterin' problem.

Donald Trump inspired a kid to go kill black people.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:11 AM   #38
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ask yourself
Why would a most respected black republican who they RNC wanted to run for POTUS . Yet now is compared to tom cotton mr Send In the Troops.. not sure what your point
I think I know why he did what he did.

Powell was one of the most instrumental and influential people on the planet, for going to war with Iraq. When that war went horribly wrong, he made it his mission in life to do anything he could, to be remembered for anything other than convincing the world that we should have invaded Iraq.

Joe Lieberman was an actual democratic candidate for VP, and he endorsed John McCain. I notice that didn't make you switch sides ,so why should I give any more weight to Powell's actions than you gave to Lieberman.
Old 08-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #39
Pete F.
Canceled

"This American carnage stops right here and stops right now."
Donald Trump, Jan. 20, 2017

Tonight, Trump prepares to deliver his convention speech amid:
-5,000,000+ infected with coronavirus
-180,000+ dead in U.S. of coronavirus
(U.S. has 4% of world population; 25% of deaths)
-Social unrest and major street protests
-Biggest gap in 50 years btn richest and poorest households even before coronavirus

Great job
Old 08-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
"-Biggest gap in 50 years btn richest and poorest households even before coronavirus

On Obama's last day, are you going to say that income inequality wasn't significant?

Again, it's OK when Obama does it, problematic when Trump does it.

You're a very loyal sheep.
Old 08-27-2020, 12:38 PM   #41
wdmso

Quote:
I think I know why he did what he did.

Powell was one of the most instrumental and influential people on the planet, for going to war with Iraq. When that war went horribly wrong, he made it his mission in life to do anything he could, to be remembered for anything other than convincing the world that we should have invaded Iraq.

Joe Lieberman was an actual democratic candidate for VP, and he endorsed John McCain. I notice that didn't make you switch sides ,so why should I give any more weight to Powell's actions than you gave to Lieberman.
Not sure what iraq or liberman has to do many former republicans and their statements about Trump
Trump is "drifting" away from the Constitution and said he's a habitual liar. Powell.

Funny there were a few in 2016 now their are many many more.. they believe in the party but not the Man who is an opertunist, not Republican nor democratic
Old 08-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
On Obama's last day, are you going to say that income inequality wasn't significant?

but but Obama
Old 08-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"This American carnage stops right here and stops right now."
Donald Trump, Jan. 20, 2017

Tonight, Trump prepares to deliver his convention speech amid:
-5,000,000+ infected with coronavirus
-180,000+ dead in U.S. of coronavirus
(U.S. has 4% of world population; 25% of deaths)
-Social unrest and major street protests

Great job
Quote:

There you go, I removed your trigger so you don't have to do your standard But Obama. In case you didn't know he was the last President and has been gone for years, by the way tell Tweety next time you talk at Maralago.

Trump will lose handily. His floor and ceiling are about the same: 40%. He has destroyed our cities, devastated our economy and put the country in a tailspin by lying about the health care crisis. The people know what he did and he is going.

Just keep defending him.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #44
scottw

Quote:

you are truly what is wrong with America ....
Old 08-27-2020, 12:57 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 01:01 PM   #46
PaulS

Quote:
That is debatable but you are what is wrong with this website.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:02 PM   #47
PaulS

Quote:
I don't think so. But you are one of things that is wrong with this website.
Old 08-27-2020, 01:07 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Overnight ratings for night 3 of the conventions. Six networks combined, 10-11p hour:

Democratic - 16.2
Republican - 10.5

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 01:18 PM   #49
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 08-27-2020, 01:31 PM   #50
Pete F.
Canceled

Here's an explicit acknowledgement that Trump views himself as the president of red America, with blue America more like a foreign adversary to be contained and defeated than as residents of the same country.

Kellyanne Conway on Fox News on violence in US cities: "These are Democratically-led cities and most with Democratic governors... It's not Donald Trump's watch."

You can contrast that with Biden's position first expressed in May.

"These last few days have laid bare that we are a nation furious at injustice. Every person of conscience can understand the rawness of the trauma people of color experience in this country, from the daily indignities to the extreme violence, like the horrific killing of George Floyd.

Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.

The act of protesting should never be allowed to overshadow the reason we protest. It should not drive people away from the just cause that protest is meant to advance.

I know that there are people all across this country who are suffering tonight. Suffering the loss of a loved one to intolerable circumstances, like the Floyd family, or to the virus that is still gripping our nation. Suffering economic hardships, whether due to COVID-19 or entrenched inequalities in our system. And I know that a grief that dark and deep may at times feel too heavy to bear.

I know.

And I also know that the only way to bear it is to turn all that anguish to purpose. So tonight, I ask all of America to join me — not in denying our pain or covering it over — but using it to compel our nation across this turbulent threshold into the next phase of progress, inclusion, and opportunity for our great democracy.

We are a nation in pain, but we must not allow this pain to destroy us. We are a nation enraged, but we cannot allow our rage to consume us. We are a nation exhausted, but we will not allow our exhaustion to defeat us.

As President, I will help lead this conversation — and more importantly, I will listen. I will keep the commitment I made to George’s brother, Philonise, that George will not just be a hashtag. We must and will get to a place where everyone, regardless of race, believes that “to protect and serve” means to protect and serve them. Only by standing together will we rise stronger than before. More equal, more just, more hopeful — and that much closer to our more perfect union.

Please stay safe. Please take care of each other."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Not sure what iraq or liberman has to do many former republicans and their statements about Trump
Trump is "drifting" away from the Constitution and said he's a habitual liar. Powell.

Funny there were a few in 2016 now their are many many more.. they believe in the party but not the Man who is an opertunist, not Republican nor democratic
"Not sure what iraq or liberman has to do many "

Do you even read your own posts? You said that Powells defection is evidence of issues in the GOP. Well Lieberman was way bigger in the democrat party than Powell ever was in the GOP, and Lieberman endorsed McCain, and we all know that meant nothing to you. SO why should Powells actions mean any more to me?

Trump is a liar, no doubt. As to his drifting away from the constitution, that what courts are for, to keep him in check, as they were also needed to keep Obama in check. If you're telling me that Biden will adhere more strictly to the constitution than Trump will, that is hilarious.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #52
scottw

Quote:

Do you even read your own posts?
is this a serious question?
Old 08-27-2020, 02:19 PM   #53
Jim in CT

Quote:
but but Obama
so double standards are not worth pointing out? sorry.
Old 08-27-2020, 02:27 PM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here's an explicit acknowledgement that Trump views himself as the president of red America, with blue America more like a foreign adversary to be contained and defeated than as residents of the same country.

Kellyanne Conway on Fox News on violence in US cities: "These are Democratically-led cities and most with Democratic governors... It's not Donald Trump's watch."

You can contrast that with Biden's position first expressed in May.

"These last few days have laid bare that we are a nation furious at injustice. Every person of conscience can understand the rawness of the trauma people of color experience in this country, from the daily indignities to the extreme violence, like the horrific killing of George Floyd.

Protesting such brutality is right and necessary. It’s an utterly American response. But burning down communities and needless destruction is not. Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.

The act of protesting should never be allowed to overshadow the reason we protest. It should not drive people away from the just cause that protest is meant to advance.

I know that there are people all across this country who are suffering tonight. Suffering the loss of a loved one to intolerable circumstances, like the Floyd family, or to the virus that is still gripping our nation. Suffering economic hardships, whether due to COVID-19 or entrenched inequalities in our system. And I know that a grief that dark and deep may at times feel too heavy to bear.

I know.

And I also know that the only way to bear it is to turn all that anguish to purpose. So tonight, I ask all of America to join me — not in denying our pain or covering it over — but using it to compel our nation across this turbulent threshold into the next phase of progress, inclusion, and opportunity for our great democracy.

We are a nation in pain, but we must not allow this pain to destroy us. We are a nation enraged, but we cannot allow our rage to consume us. We are a nation exhausted, but we will not allow our exhaustion to defeat us.

As President, I will help lead this conversation — and more importantly, I will listen. I will keep the commitment I made to George’s brother, Philonise, that George will not just be a hashtag. We must and will get to a place where everyone, regardless of race, believes that “to protect and serve” means to protect and serve them. Only by standing together will we rise stronger than before. More equal, more just, more hopeful — and that much closer to our more perfect union.

Please stay safe. Please take care of each other."
at the SOTU, who celebrated low black unemployment? and who was sitting there looking miserable
about low black unemployment?
Old 08-27-2020, 03:12 PM   #55
spence

Quote:
Well Lieberman was way bigger in the democrat party than Powell ever was in the GOP, and Lieberman endorsed McCain, and we all know that meant nothing to you.
Lieberman and McCain were best buddies and Liebs thought he was going to get the VP spot.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:18 PM   #56
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
at the SOTU, who celebrated low black unemployment? and who was sitting there looking miserable
about low black unemployment?
That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard

At the SOTU who celebrated having a black president and who was sitting there looking miserable and claiming he was not born in America?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 03:20 PM   #57
scottw

Quote:

That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard
see...there's proof they don't read their own posts Jim
Old 08-27-2020, 03:24 PM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump at RNC 4 years go: "the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored."

Judge politicians by their achievements, not their words.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 08-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #59
detbuch

Quote:
Trump at RNC 4 years go: "the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored."

Judge politicians by their achievements, not their words.
You can pick and choose words and take them from various contexts and put them in contexts from which they did not come and make any statement look foolish or brilliant depending on which lie you want to tell.

Trump has kept several of his promises, most politicians fail in that respect. Judging politicians by their achievements would not go well with that gaggle of liars who supposedly represent us.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:35 PM   #60
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You can pick and choose words and take them from various contexts and put them in contexts from which they did not come and make any statement look foolish or brilliant depending on which lie you want to tell.

Trump has kept several of his promises, most politicians fail in that respect. Judging politicians by their achievements would not go well with that gaggle of liars who supposedly represent us.
Ask his wives about his promises

Lets Go Darwin