Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » TUNA & Big Game

TUNA & Big Game TUNA - Offshore Fishing for Tuna and Other Big Game

Old 07-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
mungerish

Friday 7/6

Will be out there all day. Mostly SWC or CCB is what I am hearing.
Channel 8 and switch up to 69 if necessary to share intel.
Pete
mungerish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Moses

Pete - you sure are determined. Good luck out there. I'll be trying my luck Sunday farther east & south.

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
I am putting a crew together for Monday, any & all intel appreciated.

Good luck and tight lines!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
mungerish

Friday Report

Started out at Fishing Ledge in CCB after hearing some intel from a buddies network...no life.
Trolled from race point up beyond the bath houses and saw the same story only much stronger current: plently of bait but no sign of Charlie other than one lonely mark.
Moved out deeper off Peaked Hill under the theory that Chas. may be hanging there due to the currents...no love there.
Headed to the old BE, found whales and tons more bait and finally saw a balloon disappear in a big black hole but it broke right off. When we took the horse mack in it had been chomped in half, most likely by a shark. (mac the knife)

Final rally at the SWC for a couple of hours with giant chum slick made of pogies, their oil, macs, herring and squid we had jigged in the am. We drew in a Chinese army of ...(drum roll please).........Mackeral. So during the boredom we started catching them on a 130 and trying to target the horse mac's ( watch for 'Wicked Mackeral' this fall @ 9pm on the NGEO channel)

I think many have taken a wait and see attitude because every area above had very few boats, (commercial or otherwise) for what I would've thought would have been a very busy Friday. The whale watch boats were all full.

Our bait well was so full of fat pogies, macs, a few blues and squid that we started losing them to low oxygen levels, so I think we had whatever should have worked on the boat.

All in all it was a great day to be on the water. If I were going out today in would be much further east somewhere. Good luck and if you start to get discouraged, just remember you can get tight lines with Mackeral too
mungerish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mungerish View Post
Started out at Fishing Ledge in CCB after hearing some intel from a buddies network...no life.
Trolled from race point up beyond the bath houses and saw the same story only much stronger current: plently of bait but no sign of Charlie other than one lonely mark.
Moved out deeper off Peaked Hill under the theory that Chas. may be hanging there due to the currents...no love there.
Headed to the old BE, found whales and tons more bait and finally saw a balloon disappear in a big black hole but it broke right off. When we took the horse mack in it had been chomped in half, most likely by a shark. (mac the knife)

Final rally at the SWC for a couple of hours with giant chum slick made of pogies, their oil, macs, herring and squid we had jigged in the am. We drew in a Chinese army of ...(drum roll please).........Mackeral. So during the boredom we started catching them on a 130 and trying to target the horse mac's ( watch for 'Wicked Mackeral' this fall @ 9pm on the NGEO channel)

I think many have taken a wait and see attitude because every area above had very few boats, (commercial or otherwise) for what I would've thought would have been a very busy Friday. The whale watch boats were all full.

Our bait well was so full of fat pogies, macs, a few blues and squid that we started losing them to low oxygen levels, so I think we had whatever should have worked on the boat.

All in all it was a great day to be on the water. If I were going out today in would be much further east somewhere. Good luck and if you start to get discouraged, just remember you can get tight lines with Mackeral too

Similar story today, Monday...................started trolling 5 bars @5AM SWC after seeing a whale and bait. Trolled for 7 hrs and still no Charlie. Hopes were very high at slack around The Ball, >15 whales feeding, bait, 3 stick boats waiting in anticipation, everything coming together except Charlie. Pulled in 3 big blues on the bars ranging from 34 - 40".

Went over to Race Pt, great rips, 5-6 drifts, no stripers, pulled in 3 horse macs, went home!

I might try again in Aug or after confirmed reports of some rec sized fish.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote