Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Rod Building

Rod Building So, you've landed a nice fish on a plug you made, eh? Now, the next step, building your own RODS!

Old 10-16-2002, 08:42 PM   #1
iflysw1

Question New England Rodcrafters Seminar

Just curious if this seminar is still on, because of the cancellation of the PA. show.

The dates for the New England Rodcrafters Seminar is set for January 18 and 19, 2003 at the Quality Inn and Conference Center in Vernon, CT, just east of Hartford.
iflysw1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 03:21 PM   #2
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Didin't they want big money for the seminars? Like what an Arra blank costs?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 07:03 PM   #3
mikecc
Plug Builder in Training

Info for Seminars

I got this reply from the show sign up.

Dear Friend:

The Northeast Regional Rodcrafters Seminar is to be held on Saturday, January 18th and Sunday, January 19th, 2003 at the Quality Inn and Conference Center in Vernon, Conn. We are continuing to hold the seminar at this location because of the excellent accommodations. It is easily accessible by car on I-84, Exit 63 just east of Hartford. Driving time from central Boston or New York is approximately 2 hours.

Seminar meeting sessions are Saturday, 9 AM to 5 PM and 7 PM to 9 PM, and Sunday from 9 AM to 4 PM. Luncheons are at Noon, and there will be refreshment breaks in both morning and afternoon sessions. These are all included in your seminar fee of $150.00. This year the Northeast Seminar will also be serving as the National Rodcrafters seminar since there will be no national seminar in Allentown, PA. The highlight of the program will again be both Todd Vivian, blank designer from Lamiglas, and Ron Arra, five time national distance casting champion. Both Todd and Ron have spoken at previous seminars to a rousing audience and we are indeed fortunate to have them back again.

Registration for those arriving on Friday evening will be from 6 PM to 10 PM in the meeting room. This is our room for the weekend. Friday evening is informal and is a great time to get acquainted and examine the rods, tools and display materials other Rodcrafters will bring. These Friday evening sessions are usually very busy with one-on-one discussions and for renewing old friendships and meeting new friends. Also, a Flea Market will be set-up for those who have rod building equipment, supplies, parts, etc. that they want to offer for sale. For those arriving late, registration will be at 8:30 AM Saturday morning in the meeting room.

These seminars are designed specifically to cover the subject material that you, the attender, want to be presented. The seminar is not a rod building course. We build the program around the subjects that YOU want discussed and demonstrated. Therefore it is extremely important that you let us know what those subjects are. To help us prepare the seminar program, please complete the short questionnaire and return it with your registration form.

Rodcrafters has been built on the concept of sharing and exchanging ideas. We have found our seminars to be most successful when we have a lot of participation by those attending the sessions, rather than have a “canned” agenda put on by a few veteran members. Please don’t think that you need to be an “expert” in a given technique. Just be familiar enough in a subject to lead a discussion or to demonstrate a method or technique. We have enclosed a participant’s form. Please note the subject(s) you would be willing to speak on, demonstrate or lead a discussion.

Another way in which everyone participates is by bringing rods, tools, etc. It is very helpful to view as many rods as possible in the friendly and cooperative learning atmosphere. We display them around the walls of the meeting room where they serve as great centers of conversation during breaks and before and after the formal sessions. Please bring your rods and samples of tools, handles, wraps, etc. There will plenty of room to display them and the room will be secure at all times.

This is our 7th seminar in the Northeast and we anticipate a large turnout with two full days of lively discussions.

The advanced planning for the seminar is a very large task. I need to know what subjects you want to learn about, the areas in which you are willing to participate, and who will be attending. The sooner I receive your registration the better I can plan the seminar. Therefore, please send me your completed registration form, questionnaire and participants form as soon as possible. Please include a $75.00 deposit with your reservation form, payable to Albert Goldberg. Please do not contact the Inn for reservations since we have reserved a block of rooms. Room rates are listed on the reservation form, and we will make the reservations for you.

We look forward to having you join us for this seminar.

Sincerely,

Al Goldberg
Northeast Regional Coordinator

I will email anyone the registration if needed

will be my first time going to this type show.
I plan on attending sharing a room with Chris R.

Last edited by mikecc; 10-18-2002 at 07:00 AM..
mikecc is offline   Reply With Quote