Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #61
DZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

wearing maga hats.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
This - without the hats this is not even a story.

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #62
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
No, you are talking out of your arse. Your personal observations don't say ANYTHING about teenagers in KY. If you saw whites behaving badly, boo rah for you. That doesn't mean these kids in KY did anything wrong.

"but NOT one bad experience with people of color."

Again, good for you. Does that mean the blacks harassing children on the video, are not responsible for their actions?

GS, I went to Chicago last month for work. I didn't get shot, I didn't see anyone else get shot., and I didn't shoot anyone. Using your logic, does that mean Chicago doesn't have a problem with gun violence? That people who say it does, are wrong? See how stupid that sounds?
Did I say it relates to those teens, please quote me where I said that, please don't put words in my mouth. Just relating a story, that from my experiences locally, people of color seem to display respect, while the white youth seem to be anything but respectful. Gee wiz I got off the rambling every moving target these threads always seem to have, sorry boss I'll stay on point next time.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #63
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
you are probably correct.

i’d like to know what the native american was drinking, when he concluded that the kids were harassing the black hate group.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:33 PM   #64
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Do you live on the street, no you don’t and I can tell you for a fact, those numbers aren’t what I see for people of color. In fact there aren’t many public beaches where these minority’s are coming from, I think the black family is from Brockton and the other from Taunton, but feel free to quote stats that mean nothing. So should six flags or the local water parks be exactly a match for the town make up, what a stupid argument that one is.
You made the claim that white people are the problem, I'm just showing you that the reason for that is probably that a vast majority of people from your town and surrounding towns are white, so your chances that the A-holes you'll have to deal with will be white is greatly increased.

But I'm glad you met a couple of Black families that go there, that totally blows a hole in my theory that out of the 100,000 white folks surrounding the beach, that your chances of a few of them being A-holes, is just a stupid argument

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-22-2019, 01:46 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Did I say it relates to those teens, please quote me where I said that, please don't put words in my mouth. Just relating a story, that from my experiences locally, people of color seem to display respect, while the white youth seem to be anything but respectful. Gee wiz I got off the rambling every moving target these threads always seem to have, sorry boss I'll stay on point next time.
so what was the point? i haven’t heard anyone say that whites are always innocent, and blacks are always guilty. but in this case, we have videotape which shows that’s the case. i don’t get why there’s debate here. we know what happened. just because some don’t happen to like themoutcome, means we have to cloud the facts?
Old 01-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #66
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so what was the point? i haven’t heard anyone say that whites are always innocent, and blacks are always guilty. but in this case, we have videotape which shows that’s the case. i don’t get why there’s debate here. we know what happened. just because some don’t happen to like themoutcome, means we have to cloud the facts?
Glad to hear you got that white, it's certainly not cloudy in your mind.

I can find almost any interpretation someone would like of what happened there and each claims to be true, pick your flavor, I see you chose vanilla, I'll go for Neapolitan.

Just in case that's too deep for you, Neapolitan is vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, since as usual there some truth to all sides in a story.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #67
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You made the claim that white people are the problem, I'm just showing you that the reason for that is probably that a vast majority of people from your town and surrounding towns are white, so your chances that the A-holes you'll have to deal with will be white is greatly increased.

But I'm glad you met a couple of Black families that go there, that totally blows a hole in my theory that out of the 100,000 white folks surrounding the beach, that your chances of a few of them being A-holes, is just a stupid argument
See there you go spouting an argument based on a local dynamic you just don't understand, probably only 20% of those on this public beach on the weekend are even Plymouth residents or adjoining communities. Kind of like Trump spouting theories about illegal aliens and the percentages of criminals included in the mix or drugs coming over the southern border, the shear ignorance of the local dynamics means you really can't make certain arguments, at least not to those people who do have the facts.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:18 PM   #68
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
See there you go spouting an argument based on a local dynamic you just don't understand, probably only 20% of those on this public beach on the weekend are even Plymouth residents or adjoining communities. Kind of like Trump spouting theories about illegal aliens and the percentages of criminals included in the mix or drugs coming over the southern border, the shear ignorance of the local dynamics means you really can't make certain arguments, at least not to those people who do have the facts.
How about you actually put up some facts, you say probably 20% are residents. Probably is not a fact. Did you poll every person that uses the beach every weekend? Do you personally know all 100,000 people from Plymouth and the surrounding communities? Do you have a single piece of tangible evidence that dis-proves what I'm saying and validates what you're saying?

At least I posted some actual facts on the demographics, to back up what I'm saying.

Keep spouting off about race, be part of the problem instead of the solution. You are no better that the POTUS.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 01-22-2019 at 02:28 PM..

Old 01-22-2019, 02:22 PM   #69
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ View Post
People wear hats with logos for a reason .. they weren’t worn for fashion or keeping the sun of your head or having a bad hair day ..

Those hats have meaning not all bad but not all good

But leave it Jim to say it’s just a hat

Last edited by wdmso; 01-22-2019 at 04:31 PM.. Reason: spelling shamers
Old 01-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post

I can find almost any interpretation someone would like of what happened there and each claims to be true, pick your flavor, I see you chose vanilla, I'll go for Neapolitan.

Just in case that's too deep for you, Neapolitan is vanilla, chocolate and strawberry, since as usual there some truth to all sides in a story.
if it’s not clear to you what happened, that necessarily means that outcome is more important to you, than facts. you are willing to ignore what actually happened, to get the result you want ( smear the conservatives). even if we are talking about kids.

have fun with that condition, jesus.

the black maniacs were disgusting. the kids did nothing to them, their crime, as the video makes obvious, was being white and wearing maga hats.

the native american ( by virtue of claiming the kids were the aggressors) is either an idiot or a liar, i have no way of
knowing. but it’s one of those binary choices, there isn’t a third choice.

the kid at the center of this, who stood motionless while a weirdo chanted three inches from his face, was accused of blocking the path of the native american. we know that’s not what happened. he was standing there, the native american camemup to him. and got right in his face.

and this kid who did absolutely nothing wrong, is painted all over the world as a racist bully, has received death threats, and his school is closed because it’s not safe.

because of liberal
tolerance.

ironic that it happened on MLK weekend, when we celebrate a man who asked us to ignore skin color. is that what liberals are doing today? or do they see EVERYTHING through the prism of race?

have fun responding to that.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:08 PM   #71
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
How about you actually put up some facts, you say probably 20% are residents. Probably is not a fact. Did you poll every person that uses the beach every weekend? Do you personally know all 100,000 people from Plymouth and the surrounding communities? Do you have a single piece of tangible evidence that dis-proves what I'm saying and validates what you're saying?

At least I posted some actual facts on the demographics, to back up what I'm saying.

Keep spouting off about race, be part of the problem instead of the solution. You are no better that the POTUS.
Actually yes we did, Peg was commissioned by the town and spent two weekends with a clicker counting and polling, so there goes that retort. The town used that data to throw out the idea of building rest rooms on the beach, based on numbers and local. They threw up some portable potties instead, but we have a pretty good idea of the usage, she's been here 35 years and I'm in it for over ten, but I suspect that because you can go on a website and get the % of white in the surrounding communities you know the answer to why all the confrontations are with white males or their loud mouth girl friends; you don't know jack sh*t about this dynamic.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #72
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
if it’s not clear to you what happened, that necessarily means that outcome is more important to you, than facts. you are willing to ignore what actually happened, to get the result you want ( smear the conservatives). even if we are talking about kids.

have fun with that condition, jesus.

the black maniacs were disgusting. the kids did nothing to them, their crime, as the video makes obvious, was being white and wearing maga hats.

the native american ( by virtue of claiming the kids were the aggressors) is either an idiot or a liar, i have no way of
knowing. but it’s one of those binary choices, there isn’t a third choice.

the kid at the center of this, who stood motionless while a weirdo chanted three inches from his face, was accused of blocking the path of the native american. we know that’s not what happened. he was standing there, the native american camemup to him. and got right in his face.

and this kid who did absolutely nothing wrong, is painted all over the world as a racist bully, has received death threats, and his school is closed because it’s not safe.

because of liberal
tolerance.

ironic that it happened on MLK weekend, when we celebrate a man who asked us to ignore skin color. is that what liberals are doing today? or do they see EVERYTHING through the prism of race?

5) Black Israelites screaming their beliefs, exercising their First Amendmant rights

240) White teenagers, some number of whom did a Haka in response to the black guys, well a bad imitation (perhaps you don't know what a War Haka is or the traditional meanings behind them, I assume it was some variation of a peruperu, I won't get into the cultural appropriation BS)

1 Native American Vietnam veteran with a drum

and the white kid with the MAGA hat was terrified

and all the media spinning it every which way

As I said before

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-22-2019, 03:43 PM   #73
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Actually yes we did, Peg was commissioned by the town and spent two weekends with a clicker counting and polling, so there goes that retort. The town used that data to throw out the idea of building rest rooms on the beach, based on numbers and local. They threw up some portable potties instead, but we have a pretty good idea of the usage, she's been here 35 years and I'm in it for over ten, but I suspect that because you can go on a website and get the % of white in the surrounding communities you know the answer to why all the confrontations are with white males or their loud mouth girl friends; you don't know jack sh*t about this dynamic.
Ooooohh two weekends with a clicker, did she keep track of percentages of white vs Minorities? How did she know they were not from the surrounding communities? Where are the numbers? You were the one spouting about having facts, so let me see them. So far I’ve seen none.

Are these A-holes you speak of a-holes because they are white or because their parents raised little A-holes? I’d like to believe it’s the latter.

Claiming someone is an A-hole based on the color of their skin is pretty racist you know

Old 01-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Are these A-holes you speak of a-holes because they are white or because their parents raised little A-holes? I’d like to believe it’s the latter.

Claiming someone is an A-hole based on the color of their skin is pretty racist you know
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]
I was always told the correct terminology is Mass-hole, that it is typically bred into people and their heritage is very apparent when they are behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, near a sports arena or broadcast.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #75
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Ooooohh two weekends with a clicker, did she keep track of percentages of white vs Minorities? How did she know they were not from the surrounding communities? Where are the numbers? You were the one spouting about having facts, so let me see them. So far I’ve seen none.

Two weekends in the summer is a sampling of approximately 1200 people, but clearly this is a circular debate, where you are right and I’m wrong so we put end it here.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #76
spence

Quote:
Well, you got most everything wrong. Watch the full video.

The Black Israelite group of maybe 4 or 5 were hurling insults at everyone, they were just trying to provoke people to pay attention to them. The kids started coming up, a group of 240 or formed and started yelling back, then frenetically jumping all over, it was then the elder stepped in as by his stated reasoning he thought a mob mentality may break out and there could be violence. I've seen groups turn violent like this, you don't see it coming and suddenly you're in it.

The elder just walked towards the crowd with some others drumming behind him. The kid who was laughing before takes a position to stare him down with a smirk on his face. You wouldn't do this unless you're trying to make a power play. The MAGA hat is significant, if this kid is a Trump fan he obviously doesn't mind Trump's disrespect toward Native Americans. Actually the kids decked out head to Trump gear all look like they're trying to provoke.

This isn't end of times stuff, but the initial response to the video wasn't that far off. That the kid's parents hired a PR FIRM to write his response is pretty telling. What a missed teaching moment.

And again, where were the adults? If they had been doing their job they would have moved the kids away for their own safety.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:10 PM   #77
wdmso

Trump backs students from Lincoln memorial confrontation

Nick Sandmann and the students of Covington have become symbols of Fake News and how evil it can be.

SAD When you start using the children to spread your misinformation

Shall we Start the Trump Youth to complete MAGA
Old 01-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s my final post on this
If you know the Covington HS kids, discuss it with them
If you know the Black Israelites, discuss it with them
If you know the Native American drummer, talk to him
Keep a open mind, people’s memories are driven by their experiences
If you put these people in a room, they would very likely find common ground
That is what made America great, not politicians, the media or people ranting on the internet.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:26 PM   #79
Sea Dangles

Out of all parties involved it looks to me that the kids showed the most restraint. Funny how Wayne bought the central media excuse of racism,but unfortunately typical in today’s climate of fake news.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:45 PM   #80
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Out of all parties involved it looks to me that the kids showed the most restraint. Funny how Wayne bought the central media excuse of racism,but unfortunately typical in today’s climate of fake news.
the White House has reached out to host the students. Sandmann said, "The President wants to send a plane down to get us."

Trump is using the incident because of sagging approval ratings: “By focusing on an issue that motivates his base instead of on the shutdown, for which he’s broadly taking the blame, there is little political downside for the president.”

Didn't write it but I am sure it's fake news because it's spot on

Ps where did I mention racism ?
Old 01-22-2019, 08:51 PM   #81
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
That is what made America great, not politicians, the media or people ranting on the internet.
Well Said

Old 01-22-2019, 09:04 PM   #82
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the White House has reached out to host the students. Sandmann said, "The President wants to send a plane down to get us."

Trump is using the incident because of sagging approval ratings: “By focusing on an issue that motivates his base instead of on the shutdown, for which he’s broadly taking the blame, there is little political downside for the president.”

Didn't write it but I am sure it's fake news because it's spot on

Ps where did I mention racism ?
Keep the blinders on and stay in lock step with your party. They need guys like you to maintain their image.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-23-2019, 06:57 AM   #83
scottw

Quote:
Well Said
so you are saying he's "white"?

that media/leftist narrative sure feel apart quickly.....I guess when the black Israelites are preaching love like this

Robby Soave of Reason notes:

"They call them crackers, faggots, and pedophiles. At the 1:20 mark (which comes after the Phillips incident) they call one of the few black students the n-word and tell him that his friends are going to murder him and steal his organs. At the 1:25 mark, they complain that “you give faggots rights,” which prompted booing from the students. Throughout the video they threaten the kids with violence, and attempt to goad them into attacking first.

Other choice insults that were lobbed at the Covington students — and anyone who had the misfortune of passing by — included “a bunch of incest babies,” “dirty ass little crackers” and “coon.”

And when Screaming Chief Banging Drum-in-Face is a habitual offender
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/n...l-shrine-91038

it becomes obvious who the "adult" crazy leftist activists acting like children are.... and.... who the children are......

nice to see the left targeting children now....
Old 01-23-2019, 08:10 AM   #84
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
so you are saying he's "white"?
:

Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Well, you got most everything wrong. Watch the full video.

The Black Israelite group of maybe 4 or 5 were hurling insults at everyone, they were just trying to provoke people to pay attention to them. The kids started coming up, a group of 240 or formed and started yelling back, then frenetically jumping all over, it was then the elder stepped in as by his stated reasoning he thought a mob mentality may break out and there could be violence. I've seen groups turn violent like this, you don't see it coming and suddenly you're in it.

The elder just walked towards the crowd with some others drumming behind him. The kid who was laughing before takes a position to stare him down with a smirk on his face. You wouldn't do this unless you're trying to make a power play. The MAGA hat is significant, if this kid is a Trump fan he obviously doesn't mind Trump's disrespect toward Native Americans. Actually the kids decked out head to Trump gear all look like they're trying to provoke.

This isn't end of times stuff, but the initial response to the video wasn't that far off. That the kid's parents hired a PR FIRM to write his response is pretty telling. What a missed teaching moment.

And again, where were the adults? If they had been doing their job they would have moved the kids away for their own safety.
i can’t imagine what tape you saw, that showed the kids “coming up” to anyone in that fashion. have you been painting inside with the windows shut? you need to open the windows a crack.

i’d also like to know where the chaperones were. but the kids did nothing wrong. the black israelites did, as did the native american.

these are children spence, and they are receiving death threats. kudos to you and your ilk.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #86
scottw

Quote:

lib lingo.....

Quote:

Quote:
5)

As I said before
Old 01-23-2019, 08:15 AM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
i don’t disagree with any of that. but you left out the biggest thing, which was the glee with which the media threw these kids to the wolves. what if that was your
son? he’s someone’s son.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:17 AM   #88
Jim in CT

soence, please show
me a video clip where the smiling kid “took a position” in front of this guy. because what i saw was this kid stationary, not
moving, and the elder got right in his face.

you’re not rational, you can’t be reasoned with.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:22 AM   #89
scottw

and who "diffuses" a situation by getting up in someone's face like that?
Old 01-23-2019, 08:23 AM   #90
scottw

Quote:

you’re not rational, you can’t be reasoned with.

we've known this for some time