Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #31
buckman

# resist
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-15-2017, 08:26 AM   #32
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Here we go again another attack and people are calling him deranged No he's a terrorist . And now This am Potus tweets about the investigation greatest witch hunt in American history ... and the Dems are talking gun control and the Rep are talking we need our guns base driven politics at their best

So just a day like any other day?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-15-2017, 03:20 PM   #33
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
So just a day like any other day?
Sadly that seems to be the case
Old 06-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #34
JohnR

So is he deranged or a terrorist?

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #35
wdmso

I say he's a terroist
Old 06-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #36
wdmso

But some guy named King is blaming Obama shocking
Old 06-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #37
JohnR

And plenty of people are blaming Trump.

I think we'll find this guys is more of a "lostboy" Adam Lanza, Loucher, Micah Johnson type.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-15-2017, 06:28 PM   #38
wdmso

Quote:
And plenty of people are blaming Trump.

I think we'll find this guys is more of a "lostboy" Adam Lanza, Loucher, Micah Johnson type.
Yea and I don't get blaming Trump either blame the guy with the gun he is the only 1 responsible
Old 06-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #39
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
But some guy named King is blaming Obama shocking
some woman named Pelosi is blaming the victim
Shocker

I would say unsurprising is because if it is home grown domestic terrorism brought on by the lunatic left constant viciousness calling for violence, disruption and getting a small percentage of the base so worked up that they become unhinged, than it is no way no how the victims fault, quite the opposite. It is like the maniacs killing police after the BLM group was given legitimacy by a Dems instead of denouncing them.
Instead of constant bickering and disruption, the government should be allowed to lead and improve the country but we have idiots like Pelosi who are like babies having a tantrum because they did not get their way.

Hopefully the injured recover fully

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #40
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
some woman named Pelosi is blaming the victim
Shocker

I would say unsurprising is because if it is home grown domestic terrorism brought on by the lunatic left constant viciousness calling for violence, disruption and getting a small percentage of the base so worked up that they become unhinged, than it is no way no how the victims fault, quite the opposite. It is like the maniacs killing police after the BLM group was given legitimacy by a Dems instead of denouncing them.
Instead of constant bickering and disruption, the government should be allowed to lead and improve the country but we have idiots like Pelosi who are like babies having a tantrum because they did not get their way.

Hopefully the injured recover fully
Your the opposite side of the same coin your complaining about . And unable to see it...
Old 06-16-2017, 01:20 PM   #41
buckman

Quote:
Your the opposite side of the same coin your complaining about . And unable to see it...
Do you have any mirrors in your house ?
Old 06-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #42
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Do you have any mirrors in your house ?
Guess my statement applies to you as well when you get a chance pull your head from the sand that it's firmly planted in and take your own advice
Old 06-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #43
basswipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Gabby was dem as was Kennedy the only congressmen killed on the job,
This is incorrect,Leo Ryan was also killed on the job.He was killed in Guyana by a Jim Jones supporter in November of 78 while investigating the People's Temple.
Old 06-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #44
Slipknot
Super Moderator

This guy is part of the problem not the solution.

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/20...trepublicans-/

And this does not raise eyebrows?

This is the Rhetoric people are talking about.
And then you have the gun control nuts bringing up gun control immediately. Like Colin Noir says, "gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth"
Ain't no time to hate

Last edited by Slipknot; 06-16-2017 at 10:20 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #45
wdmso

found this interesting http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40331765

Mr Carver, the Republican Party chairman in Georgia's 11th Congressional District, told the Post "the shooting is going to win this election for us".
He went on: "Moderates and independents in this district are tired of left-wing extremism. I get that there's extremists on both sides, but we are not seeing them."

Not seeing those on his side ?? another person who was asleep the last 8 years it seems
Old 06-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #46
JohnR

Quote:
found this interesting http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40331765

Mr Carver, the Republican Party chairman in Georgia's 11th Congressional District, told the Post "the shooting is going to win this election for us".
He went on: "Moderates and independents in this district are tired of left-wing extremism. I get that there's extremists on both sides, but we are not seeing them."

Not seeing those on his side ?? another person who was asleep the last 8 years it seems

Do we need to find examples in local elections that point the other way too?

All the extremism sucks. But both parties continue to run extreme candidates.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #47
scottw

Quote:

this is correct and I distinctly remember several times over the last 8 years when Romney and Mc Cain campaign volunteers opened fire on innocent victims....
Old 06-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #48
PaulS

Quote:

Yes, all the extremism sucks. We have seen 2 people in this thread argue 1 way yet argue the exact opposite way w/Gabby G.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #49
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Yes, all the extremism sucks. We have seen 2 people in this thread argue 1 way yet argue the exact opposite way w/Gabby G.
In a nation of 300 million people there are kooks on both sides.

But the vitriol is far more toxic on the left. It's not even close. While of course there are right wing jerks who do nothing but preach hate, it's not anywhere near the norm. It's par for the course on the left. Compare the last few heads of the dnc and the dnc. Compare harry Reid and Mitch McConnell, compare Paul Ryan and nancy pelosi, compare foxnews and the absolute freak show at MSNBC.
The left no longer has any place, at the national level, f
Old 06-19-2017, 07:38 PM   #50
PaulS

So you're accusing the Democrats of being responsible for this isn't vitriol? You don't consider yourself an extremist?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:58 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So you're accusing the Democrats of being responsible for this isn't vitriol? You don't consider yourself an extremist?
I don't think the Democrats are responsible for this, I think this was a random kook. Fair enough?

I do think the Democrats were absolutely responsible for the wave of cop assassinations that took place, where the killers explicitly said they were targeting cops. That's on the liberals. You invite the pig Al Sharpton to the Oval Office 50 or 60 times, you shriek on the air, over and over, that cops are targeting blacks, you don't even question the fact that the BLM movement was literally built on something that never happened (that the fat jerk in Ferguson had his hands up).

As I said, compare apples to apples. Of course there are violent maniacs on the right. But they are on the fringe (with the possible exception of Trump). On the left, at the national level, that's almost all you see.

Compare the heads of each party's national committee, the leaders in the house, the leaders in the senate, the prime time hosts at Fox vs MSNBC. You really see no difference in the vitriol there? Harry Reid is as dignified as Mitch McConnell? Nancy Pelosi is as dignified as Paul Ryan? Rachael Maddow is as rational as Megyn Kelly? Give me a break.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:35 AM   #52
scottw

Quote:
But both parties continue to run extreme candidates.
I'd love to get a political definition of "extreme"

rigid?
committed?
unfiltered?
orientation on issues?
volume and quality of rhetoric?
anyone that disagrees with you?(current best pick)

seems more(generally) a convenient label where one stands where they are standing and labels those outside their box "extreme"...like a "centrist" except they use a circle instead of a box

the left jumped immediately to the Gifford's shooting but that guy was an "extreme" paranoid schizophrenic.....not sure if that should be included in the realm of political extremism or what motivated him was much beyond being out of touch with reality....does having a mental illness and any unfortunate actions associated with it make you an "extremist" when/if you act and if a victim of your actions is a political figure and is political rhetoric to blame?

"extremist" is one of those words, like many others, so beaten to death by the political and media class in a rush to characterize those that disagree as "extreme" then echoed through society that it barely has meaning....just thrown out there as a qualifier to say...you are and I'm not so I'm a better person, shut up....like many other words these days....stick and stones...blah...blah..blah...but words....they travel faster......

Last edited by scottw; 06-20-2017 at 05:13 AM..
Old 06-20-2017, 04:38 AM   #53
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't think the Democrats are responsible for this, I think this was a random kook.
true, and you only need imagine what we'd be witnessing from the media and dems if this guy had been a trumpster
Old 06-20-2017, 05:34 AM   #54
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
true, and you only need imagine what we'd be witnessing from the media and dems if this guy had been a trumpster
It's bad enough as it is. A liberal at cbs says the republican assassination attempt was " self inflicted", and a host at MSNBC says that the congressman may be clinging to life, but that doesn't mean we have a moral obligation to stop calling him a racist. That from a tv host. Who on the right has their own tv show, who would say that?
Old 06-20-2017, 03:10 PM   #55
wdmso

Quote:
It's bad enough as it is. A liberal at cbs says the republican assassination attempt was " self inflicted", and a host at MSNBC says that the congressman may be clinging to life, but that doesn't mean we have a moral obligation to stop calling him a racist. That from a tv host. Who on the right has their own tv show, who would say that?
Who on the right has their own tv show, who would say that?

there all on the radio except Hannity hes on both thats would say such a thing..

Info wars alex jones LEFTIST GUNMAN SHOOTS REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN IN MEDIA-INSPIRED TERROR ATTACK

fox Sean Hannity “Trump detractors” are to blame for the shooting that left Republican Rep. Steve Scalise critically

Limbaugh: "Don't tell me the Democrats are not responsible for" the congressional baseball practice shooting

opposite sides of the same coin not sure how you cant see that ?
Old 06-21-2017, 07:44 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
Who on the right has their own tv show, who would say that?

there all on the radio except Hannity hes on both thats would say such a thing..

Info wars alex jones LEFTIST GUNMAN SHOOTS REPUBLICAN CONGRESSMAN IN MEDIA-INSPIRED TERROR ATTACK

fox Sean Hannity “Trump detractors” are to blame for the shooting that left Republican Rep. Steve Scalise critically

Limbaugh: "Don't tell me the Democrats are not responsible for" the congressional baseball practice shooting

opposite sides of the same coin not sure how you cant see that ?
"Hannity hes on both thats would say such a thing.."

Show me a clip of Hannity saying that a liberal who got shot, in any way deserves what happened? And Hannity is one person, he's the closest thing the right wing has to a nut. There are many on the left far more extreme, far more hateful.

WDMSO, you can point out a guy like Alex Jones, who is absolutely deranged. But here's the difference between the left and the right, today in this country. Alex Jones operates in the fringe, no one in the mainstream gives him a significant platform. On the left, Al Sharpton spends more time in the Oval Office than the White House tour guides, and he has his own show. Big, big difference. In a fair world, no one would know who Alex Jones is. But we are a free country, so people can listen to him if they want. He is not mainstream. The right doesn't allow deranged lunatics to be included in the mainstream. Melissa Harris Perry has a show on MSNBC, and she wore tampons on air, for earrings. That is a foaming-at-the-mouth, howling-at-the-moon, lunatic.

And that's just the media. Look at politicians. Compare Paul Ryan to Nancy Pelosi (speakers of the house). Compare Harry Reid to Mitch McConnell (senate leaders). Has the RNC ever had a nutjob lead it, to compare to Deb Wasserman Schultz or the lady who fed debate questions to Hilary (and lied about doing it), and who was fired by Cuomo's presidential campaign for spreading lies about the GOP opponent?

You want to know if both sides are equally extreme? The influence of Al Sharpton ends that debate. Obama sought his counsel more than 50 times, and he has his own television show. There is nothing on the right that comes close to that. Maybe Steve Bannon, but he hasn't worked up mobs to kill people like Sharpton has. Sharpton has innocent blood on his hands, that is a fact. Then there's the whole Tawana Brawley thing.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #57
Cool Beans

Quote:
And Hannity is one person, he's the closest thing the right wing has to a nut.
Ummm.. I like Hannity and think hes a little whacky at times but spot on at others. But as far as the right goes, we have Glenn Beck and he by a good margin, out NUTS Hannity in a who's the nut in the bunch. We also have Savage in the nut dept. but they balance out Rush, Levin, Moon Griffon, and the others. MAGA
Old 06-21-2017, 09:59 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Beans View Post
But as far as the right goes, we have Glenn Beck and he by a good margin, out NUTS Hannity in a who's the nut in the bunch. We also have Savage in the nut dept.
True, Beck and Savage are a bit out there. Which is why neither oft hem has their own TV show.

Agree with everything you said.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:59 AM   #59
JohnR

Alex Jones is a fool. He is the right's MSNBC/4chan/reddit rolled into one. Savage is just as often nuts last I heard on radio - I don't even think he is on local airwaves anymore.

Hannity is slipping that way. Hannity was marginally decent but his Trumpswabbery and promotion of Assange / Wikileaks lost it for me - I switch to Dan Yorke show at that time..

I listen a little to Beck on the morning driving when he has good commentary or gusts and quickly turn him off when gets all megachurch preacher.

Each one of these can be right technically or philosophically at times and they can be phenomenally wrong. Most are becoming more polarizing.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Alex Jones is a fool. He is the right's MSNBC/4chan/reddit rolled into one. Savage is just as often nuts last I heard on radio - I don't even think he is on local airwaves anymore.

Hannity is slipping that way. Hannity was marginally decent but his Trumpswabbery and promotion of Assange / Wikileaks lost it for me - I switch to Dan Yorke show at that time..

I listen a little to Beck on the morning driving when he has good commentary or gusts and quickly turn him off when gets all megachurch preacher.

Each one of these can be right technically or philosophically at times and they can be phenomenally wrong. Most are becoming more polarizing.
All true. But last time I watched Hannity at all (it's been awhile), he didn't constantly claim that everyone who disagrees with him, is evil. Even if you claim that Foxnews is as conservative as MSNBC is liberal (which it's not, not even close), Fox constantly has thoughtful liberals on, who get to make their case, and the Fox hosts (at least Bill OReilly and Megyn Kelly) would often say, "that's a good point, I agree with you". Does that happen at MSNBC? Hell, does it happen on CNN anymore?