Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-19-2021, 10:06 PM   #31
Pete F.
Canceled

Why would any decent person be drawn to a political party that glorifies a disturbed teenager killing two people?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-19-2021, 10:15 PM   #32
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Why would any decent person be drawn to a political party that glorifies a disturbed teenager killing two people?
There are a lot of empty spaces in your sentence which leave out a more detailed account of what happened. But that's what you do. It's your very transparent way of framing things to suit whatever narrative your trying to peddle. It's a way of lying without appearing to. It's propaganda.

Why would a decent person be drawn to agreeing with your fake, made up narratives?
Old 11-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #33
Jim in CT

Quote:
better to be drawn to a party which according to you, attracts the leaders of our economy, who according to you, are evil plutocrats who destroyed all the mom and pop stores?

your words, pete. your words. try squirming your way out of that.

and no one here is glorifying the death. we’re celebrating that justice prevailed over liberal political bloodlust. that’s worth celebrating. but there’s no glorifying what happened when two people
are dead.
Old 11-19-2021, 10:59 PM   #34
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
and no one here is glorifying the death. we’re celebrating that justice prevailed over liberal political bloodlust. that’s worth celebrating. but there’s no glorifying what happened when two people
are dead.
This is perhaps the most deranged thing ever posted here.
Old 11-19-2021, 11:04 PM   #35
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd be willing to wager it was a staffer and he didn't even know what they were talking about.
Well, there was the Biden campaign video, that included footage of Rittenhouse, that wanted Trump to disavow white supremacy

“I’m Joe Biden, and I approve this message”

Is your picture in the dictionary next to the definition of “Wrong”?

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-19-2021, 11:36 PM   #36
Jim in CT

Quote:
This is perhaps the most deranged thing ever posted here.
i’m right. no one is glorifying what took place. we’re happy the system
stood up to the weight of the mob.

that’s a good thing, miss.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:47 AM   #37
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

Why would any decent person be drawn to a political party that condones (some even encourage) burning down property ???
Old 11-20-2021, 09:47 AM   #38
Pete F.
Canceled

Candace Owens says "I want vengeance," adding that the Rittenhouse verdict "doesn't feel like a win"
Kurt Schlicter says:
“Your pain delights me. Kyle Rittenhouse killed two leftist catspaws and bisected the bicep of another and there’s nothing you can do about it.“

This is really stupid. We have trained law enforcement officers to handle rioting. Instead the right wing media wants to endorse vigilantism by 17 years olds armed with AR-15s. What is this, a banana republic?
Old 11-20-2021, 09:56 AM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Candace Owens says "I want vengeance," adding that the Rittenhouse verdict "doesn't feel like a win"
Kurt Schlicter says:
“Your pain delights me. Kyle Rittenhouse killed two leftist catspaws and bisected the bicep of another and there’s nothing you can do about it.“

This is really stupid. We have trained law enforcement officers to handle rioting. Instead the right wing media wants to endorse vigilantism by 17 years olds armed with AR-15s. What is this, a banana republic?
but elected liberal mayors and governors tell the police not to put down the riots ( more important to be seen back then as sympathetic to BLM), so you force citizens to take care of themselves.

that’s what’s really stupid. mayors, governors, and Trump aowed these riots to continue, and for purely political reasons as a heated election was around the corner. they all share blame.

pete here’s what’s also stupid. the media for some godforsaken reason is obsessed with the fact that rittenhouse crossed state lines, which means absolutely nothing. they also ignored that his first victim was a convicted child rapist who was screaming the n-word at the top of his lungs. but he’s your martyr. you can have him.

and the media obviously left out that he said he was going to kill rittenhouse and tried to grab his gun. if you watched the news, you’d think that guy was peacefully collecting signatures for a petition for justice when Kyle sh*t him in the back of the head for no reason.

the left runs the risk of badly overplaying their hand here. Kyle fit the mold of the liberal villain ( just like Nick Sandman), and they went all in on smearing him, facts be damned. it was a rare case of america getting to see how completely dishonest the media is.
Old 11-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #40
detbuch

Quote:
Kurt Schlicter says:

They sound like you.

A banana republic does not allow its citizens to own AR-15s. The "trained enforcement officers in a banana republic serve the state and suppress any attempt by the citizens to decide what justice is or to defend themselves in any way that the state does not allow. Banana republics are very efficient at negating vigilantes. Those who chased Rittenhouse are the vigilantes.
Old 11-20-2021, 03:11 PM   #41
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Why would any decent person be drawn to a political party that condones (some even encourage) burning down property ???
That’s actually how you complete your Democrat voter registration, you have to demonstrate you know to make a Molotov cocktail and commit an act of arson
Old 11-22-2021, 03:36 PM   #42
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'd be willing to wager it was a staffer and he didn't even know what they were talking about.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-22-2021, 03:51 PM   #43
Jim in CT

Quote:
That’s actually how you complete your Democrat voter registration, you have to demonstrate you know to make a Molotov cocktail and commit an act of arson
No one prominent on the left, was encouraging them, Spence? When Chris Cuomo says on prime time tv, "show me where it says protests have to be peaceful", that's not condoning violence?

Every single time any liberal says cops are out to get blacks, you're encouraging people to shoot cops, because that's precisely what cops would deserve if they were doing what your side accuses them of. That cops aren't doing anything remotely like that, is of no concern to liberals.

RACISM!
Old 11-22-2021, 04:15 PM   #44
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post

Well, this is photoshopped by the way. I actually found the tweet in question. It doesn't say Rittenhouse is a white supremacists but also calls out militia groups. Considering Rittenhouse was hanging with militia groups that night and was photographed (flashing a white power sign no less) drinking beer with the proud boys after he was released on bail that's no stretch.

Only issue I see is commenting on an ongoing legal case.
Old 11-22-2021, 04:20 PM   #45
scottw

Quote:

(flashing a white power sign no less)
thumbs up or middle finger?

how come only the insane leftists are familiar with these white power signs?
Old 11-22-2021, 04:24 PM   #46
scottw

Quote:

Only issue I see is ....
this is typically the issue...