Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-21-2021, 08:15 PM   #1
detbuch

Data shows that Democrats are the authoritarians

Old 10-21-2021, 09:03 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Let me guess
the new right wing seer from South America
Glen Greenwald
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 10-21-2021, 10:27 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Let me guess
the new right wing seer from South America
Glen Greenwald
Why would you have to guess? I know you avoid watching a video because you're not able to discuss or rebut what you think it is about--but his picture is staring you in the face, and you need to guess?

As I've said, you're a fraud.

And Greenwald is not right wing. The video does not support the right wing. But he is an equal opportunity opponent of authoritarianism. He briefly admits in the video that it's the Democrat party that's changed, not him. It left him, not the other way around. As far as guessing goes, I would guess he wants the Democrats to get back to being antagonistic to the anti-democratic threat of corporatism wedded to fascistic speech censoring liberty suppressing authoritarian government power muscled by the FBI and CIA and an autocratic regulatory apparatus.

He is far more in favor of the pre-Biden era Bernie Sanders than anything resembling the Republican Party. He is calling out the Democrats in order to get them back to being civil libertarians instead of the authoritarians they have become.

And in this video he is citing data compiled by the usual statisticians that even the left wing relies on. He didn't conjecture, guess, or fabricate the stats. They are what they are. And the Democrats are authoritarians.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:33 AM   #4
scottw

pete's rhetoric and that of his fellow travelers here is proof that greenwald is right....
Old 10-22-2021, 06:27 AM   #5
Pete F.
Canceled

Glenn Greenwald is the patron saint of people who think they're libertarians but are really fascists.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:06 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Glenn Greenwald is the patron saint of people who think they're libertarians but are really fascists.
actually, if examine what the democraps, tech, some industry and media are trying to do currently...you will recognize fascism...better fall in line or else.....
Old 10-22-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
wdmso

You tube where conservatives go to find their own experts …. I love this one because Dems trust the FBI and Republicans do not .. thats a data point greenwald uses to supports who’s authoritarian And yet 75% of Republicans think Trump won the election whats that called ? Oh wait I know Patriotism
Old 10-22-2021, 08:56 AM   #8
wdmso

Oh wait he also makes the same comparison with trust in the media if you hate the media your not a authoritarian but if you support the media you are ? Wow this guy loves feeding a mindless base , who are full of sheep ! And he plays you by re enforcement of the lies you already believe are actually True .. to make money

Attack the deep state and get paid
Old 10-22-2021, 09:20 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Oh wait he also makes the same comparison with trust in the media if you hate the media your not a authoritarian but if you support the media you are ? Wow this guy loves feeding a mindless base , who are full of sheep ! And he plays you by re enforcement of the lies you already believe are actually True .. to make money

i don’t think ones feelings towards the media have anything to do with whether or not ones an authoritarian.

conservatives want less intrusion from government, more individual freedoms.

liberals want more rules set by the government and less ability for individuals to decide things for themselves.

That’s the way it is, those are accurate descriptions.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i don’t think ones feelings towards the media have anything to do with whether or not ones an authoritarian.

Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy.
Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

liberals want more rules set by the government and less ability for individuals to decide things for themselves.

For thousands of years, conservatism was universally understood as being in opposition to democracy. Having lost much of its ability to attack democracy openly, conservatism has tried in recent years to redefine the word "democracy" while engaging in deception to make the substance of democracy unthinkable.

Almost all of the early immigrants to America left behind societies that had been oppressed by conservatism. The democratic culture that Americans have built is truly one of the monuments of civilization. And American culture remains vibrant to this day despite centuries of conservative attack.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:

For thousands of years, conservatism
WTF?..."let's go Brandon!"
Old 10-22-2021, 10:33 AM   #12
scottw

Quote:

so you are saying there is a deep state....
Old 10-22-2021, 10:37 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Just as classy as Trumplican congressman

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2021, 11:24 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
For thousands of years, conservatism was universally understood as being in opposition to democracy. Having lost much of its ability to attack democracy openly, conservatism has tried in recent years to redefine the word "democracy" while engaging in deception to make the substance of democracy unthinkable.

Almost all of the early immigrants to America left behind societies that had been oppressed by conservatism. The democratic culture that Americans have built is truly one of the monuments of civilization. And American culture remains vibrant to this day despite centuries of conservative attack.
"Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy."

Oh. Conservatives want domination by an aristocracy? Is that why conservatives want citizens to enjoy lower taxes and easier access to guns? Because when regular people have guns and more of their own money, that makes it easier for aristocrats to dominate them, right?

I mean, that makes all kinds of sense. That's not even a little bit crazy!

"Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general"

Which must explain why everyone is moving out of FL and TX, and re-locating to CA and NY, right?

Again, that makes all kinds of sense. That's not even a little bit crazy!

"Conservatism is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice"

And that explains why conservatives fought to maintain slavery, right? And also explains why conservatives later fought to hold onto Jim Crow segregation? And it was the democrats who fought to end slavery and segregation! Aha!

I mean, that's just unassailable, fact-based, dripping-with-common-sense stuff there. Wow. We are very impressed.

It's liberals who want limited central government, and conservatives who want an all-powerful dictatorship. Obviously!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pete.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	68460  
Old 10-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
That was way, way out there, even for him.
Old 10-22-2021, 11:44 AM   #16
wdmso

Quote:

Jim conservatives only support the freedoms they agree with ! they don’t care about other Americans freedoms.. just look at the law they pass .. or try to pass freedom is just a catch phrase,, and I hate to say it’s Republicans who have expanded government after 9/11 and Dems went along

And it’s. Lie to suggest liberals want less freedoms.. that’s conservative brainwashing and seems it’s working

Liberal

willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

Conservative

averse to change or innovation and holding traditional values.

(in a political context) favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

Even Webster won’t say conservatives care about individual rights
Old 10-22-2021, 12:02 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:

Jim conservatives only support the freedoms they agree with ! they don’t care about other Americans freedoms..

Liberal

willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas.
relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise.

Conservative

(in a political context) favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

really?

oh good, more cut and paste from the dictionary
Old 10-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim conservatives only support the freedoms they agree with ! they don’t care about other Americans freedoms.. just look at the law they pass .. or try to pass freedom is just a catch phrase,, and I hate to say it’s Republicans who have expanded government after 9/11 and Dems went along

And it’s. Lie to suggest liberals want less freedoms.. that’s conservative brainwashing and seems it’s working

Liberal

Conservative

"Jim conservatives only support the freedoms they agree with !"

Oh, so it's the democrats who support freedoms they don't agree with. Like the freedom to ask questions at a BOE meeting.

"Republicans who have expanded government after 9/11"

Wanting increased safety, isn't contrary to conservatism. It's one of the things they want government to do.

"And it’s. Lie to suggest liberals want less freedoms"

Like freedom to not wear a mask, freedom to go to church during a pandemic if BLM riots are allowed to take place, freedom to not have my tax dollars go to teachers unions, and from there to Planned Parenthood and to democrats.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #19
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Conservatism is the domination of society by an aristocracy."

Oh. Conservatives want domination by an aristocracy? Is that why conservatives want citizens to enjoy lower taxes and easier access to guns? Because when regular people have guns and more of their own money, that makes it easier for aristocrats to dominate them, right?
How far do you think Yall Queda would get against drones?
https://www.military.com/video/opera.../4646339250001

I mean, that makes all kinds of sense. That's not even a little bit crazy!

"Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general"

Which must explain why everyone is moving out of FL and TX, and re-locating to CA and NY, right?

"Conservatism is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice"

And that explains why conservatives fought to maintain slavery, right? And also explains why conservatives later fought to hold onto Jim Crow segregation? And it was the democrats who fought to end slavery and segregation! Aha!

You missed that week in history, though a catholic school education probably didn't tell you about the change in the Republican party.
The Republican Party in the South consciously chose to exclude blacks early in the 20th century, which helped it to dominate Southern politics decades later.

Southern black voters used to support Republicans
Right after the Civil War, black voters were the Republican Party’s main supporters in the South. When formerly enslaved blacks became eligible to vote and run for office, they voted for the party of Lincoln, and GOP state organizations in the South were biracial. Both blacks and whites held leadership positions in the party.

Beginning in the early 1870s, Southern Democrats — in cooperation with terrorist groups like the Ku Klux Klan — began to restrict black suffrage. They did so first through direct violence and intimidation and, later, by passing legislation to effectively disenfranc
hise black citizens. As a result, the GOP lost its core constituency.

I mean, that's just unassailable, fact-based, dripping-with-common-sense stuff there. Wow. We are very impressed.

It's liberals who want limited central government, and conservatives who want an all-powerful dictatorship. Obviously!
Knowledge is best produced in a liberal culture. This is why the most prosperous and innovative regions of the United States are also the most politically liberal, and why the most conservative regions of the country are also the greatest beneficiaries of transfer payments. Liberals create wealth and government redistributes it to conservatives. This is, of course, the opposite of the received conservative opinion in the media, and indeed in most of academia. But it is true.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #20
scottw

Quote:
Knowledge is best produced in a liberal culture. This is why the most prosperous and innovative regions of the United States are also the most politically liberal(and they have the best tent cities), and why the most conservative regions of the country are also the greatest beneficiaries of transfer payments. Liberals create wealth and government redistributes it to conservatives. This is, of course, the opposite of the received conservative opinion in the media, and indeed in most of academia. But it is true.
this is amusing....I think you are confusing liberal with communist

there is nothing "liberal" about today's democrats based on wayne's offered definition

"Liberal

willing to respect or accept behavior or opinions different from one's own; open to new ideas. nope
relating to or denoting a political and social philosophy that promotes individual rights, civil liberties, democracy, and free enterprise." definitely nope
Old 10-22-2021, 01:13 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Knowledge is best produced in a liberal culture. This is why the most prosperous and innovative regions of the United States are also the most politically liberal, and why the most conservative regions of the country are also the greatest beneficiaries of transfer payments. Liberals create wealth and government redistributes it to conservatives. This is, of course, the opposite of the received conservative opinion in the media, and indeed in most of academia. But it is true.
knowledge? or indoctrination?

yes liberalism is awesome. again, that’s why everyone is leaving TX and FL and moving to CA and NY and CT. and why the liberal states have such low taxes and such healthy balance sheets.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:24 PM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:

Oh, so it's the democrats who support freedoms they don't agree with. Like the freedom to ask questions at a BOE meeting.

There's a huge difference between parents expressing their views, even in an agitated fashion, which they're entitled to do & threats or violence against school board members & school employees. You're falling for the political stunt here.

Wanting increased safety, isn't contrary to conservatism. It's one of the things they want government to do.

Like freedom to not wear a mask, What's airborne spread like? Can ya smell cigarette smoke from that guy 20 feet away? Got it? freedom to go to church during a pandemic if BLM riots are allowed to take place Riots of which there were few are illegal, would you like to make protests illegal?, freedom to not have my tax dollars go to teachers unions, But they go to police unions? and from there to Planned Parenthood and to democrats. and Right to life and Trumplicans
That's the price of living in a civil society

As a Texas politician said: "This prohibition against vaccine mandates is like as if the governor were telling me that I can’t issue an order to evacuate the coastal areas when a hurricane is barreling toward us."

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's the price of living in a civil society
Meaning, when liberals like it, they'll take freedoms away. Yet you said conservatives only support freedoms they like. You forgot to mention that everyone does that.

Why do liberal states have such high taxes, yet so much debt? Here in CT, we give an enormous amount of money to the state, yet our debt currently works out to nearly $100,000 for every taxpayer in the state. How does that happen? Why is that so common in liberal states (CT, MA, NY, NJ. IL)?
Old 10-22-2021, 02:13 PM   #24
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
knowledge? or indoctrination?

yes liberalism is awesome. again, that’s why everyone is leaving TX and FL and moving to CA and NY and CT. and why the liberal states have such low taxes and such healthy balance sheets.
And Texas and Florida are getting bluer each year.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 10-22-2021, 03:06 PM   #25
wdmso

Quote:

Like freedom to not wear a mask, freedom to go to church during a pandemic if BLM riots are allowed to take place, freedom to not have my tax dollars go to teachers unions, and from there to Planned Parenthood and to democrats.
Jim you and the right use the word freedom as a catch phrase there no meaning behind it just look at your BS examples suggesting no liberals go to church or want to be rid of masks or control where their tax money goes !
And you throw BLM in for good measure.. it’s all smoke and mirrors with the trump Republicans

As I said look at their legislation? Or lack of legislation

Ban this ban that the only thing Republicans seem expand are laws for gun owners , or tax breaks for the rich which are not paid for then claim to be fiscally responsible and freedom 1st
Old 10-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim you and the right use the word freedom as a catch phrase there no meaning behind it just look at your BS examples suggesting no liberals go to church or want to be rid of masks or control where their tax money goes !
And you throw BLM in for good measure.. it’s all smoke and mirrors with the trump Republicans

Ban this ban that the only thing Republicans seem expand are laws for gun owners , or tax breaks for the rich which are not paid for then claim to be fiscally responsible and freedom 1st
if you don’t like the way it feels when i say freedom ( actually pete said it, and you didn’t care when he said it), that’s your problem.
Old 10-22-2021, 03:24 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:

Ban this ban that the only thing Republicans seem expand are laws for gun owners ,
you have a pattern of contradicting yourself from sentence to sentence.

in one sentence you criticize republicans for not enacting legislation ( which is what always happens to the minority party) then you say they ban this, ban that.

if they’re not doing anything, how do they ban everything?

you should try reading your posts before you actually post.

“tax cuts for the rich”.

a proven lie. proven. i’m not rich, i got a nice tax cut. they doubled the standard deduction,,which doesn’t help anyone who’s rich.

cbs looked at three families to see the effect of the tax cuts. a single mom making 40k a year saved $1300 a year. is she rich, wayne?

they drastically increased the child tax credit. helps lots of people
who aren’t rich. rich people are t eligible for that credit. it’s phased out for higher incomes

Duh.

if the conservative agenda is so bad, why did a record number of americans say they were better off in 2020 than 4 years ago? a record number of americans identified as better off after 4 years of trump, o president ever did as well o. Gallup’s poll. and that was at the height of covid.

people hated trump’s antics. they liked his agenda. how else can you explain that poll?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...ican-families/

Last edited by Jim in CT; 10-22-2021 at 03:32 PM..
Old 10-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #28
scottw

Quote:

suggesting no liberals go to church

When did Jim say liberals don’t go to church?
Old 10-22-2021, 05:19 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
When did Jim say liberals don’t go to church?
Another one who can’t understand the word suggest . So what was Jim suggesting he did use liberals in his example

And it’s. Lie to suggest liberals want less freedoms"

Like freedom to not wear a mask, freedom to go to church during a pandemic
Old 10-22-2021, 05:35 PM   #30
spence

You guys do realize he just posts stuff like this to make money off of right wing sites right?