Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-09-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Michelle Obama put the dagger in Biden’s back

Biden was incredibly accused of being racist, for the crime of working with segregationist democrats in congress, elected by democrat voters from the south ( somehow its Biden’s fault that southern democrats embraced segregation and elected congressmen who were racists).

Pitifully, Biden apologized for working with these guys.

Michelle Obama
was asked about his apology. Biden is the guy who helped her husband get elected in 2008, and who served him for 8 years. All Michelle had to do was to say “ i’m. not endorsing anyone right now, but i can tell you that Joe Biden is not a racist.”

instead, she said “no comment.”.

A pathetic end to Biden’s career. I don’t like his policies or his
antics, but he doesn’t have a racist bone in his body.

Most blacks opposed forced busing for the same reasons Biden did. Whether you agree with him or not, his position wasn’t the least bit racist.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:36 AM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-09-2019, 07:47 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
the obamas obviously want harris to get the nomination ( gee i wonder why). so much so, that they sit silent while biden is falsely accused of racism.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-09-2019, 08:05 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Keep spinning, boys

While on stage Saturday, King asked Obama if she had any thoughts on the “dust-up” between Senator Kamala Harris and former Vice President Joe Biden (who served with Barack Obama) at the Democratic presidential primary debate when the subject of racial segregation and busing was discussed, according to Bloomberg reporter Jennifer Epstein.

“I do not — I’ve been doing this rodeo far too long,” Michelle told King. “And no comment.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-09-2019, 08:17 AM   #5
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Spin, out of context, and giving her way too much clout to take him down.....

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
Jim in CT

what spin? the “dust up” was Harris implying that Biden was racist for
opposing busing.

if the obamas said biden wasn’t a racist, it would
have been obviously true, but it also would have made Harris look like the race baiter she is. the obamas couldn’t have that.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:37 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Spin, out of context, and giving her way too much clout to take him down.....
i’m not saying michelle took him down. but she and barack could have ended immediately, the accusation that he’s racist. if both obama’s
said biden isn’t a racist, that would have ended that talk.

i love it when people
say i took something out of context, without telling me what the correct context was. the dustup between harris and biden wasn’t about taxes or abortion. it was about his opposition to busing.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Harris hit Biden pretty hard in the debate, then took back some of her comments but the hit still hurts.

Michelle Obama's response is not as big a deal as people are making it out to be, particularly when we are reminded of some of her previous less than glorious comments on things.

IOW - not a big deal

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-09-2019, 08:39 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Harris hit Biden pretty hard in the debate, then took back some of her comments but the hit still hurts.

Michelle Obama's response is not as big a deal as people are making it out to be, particularly when we are reminded of some of her previous less than glorious comments on things.

IOW - not a big deal
it’s a big deal to Biden, who is imploding. what harris did, worked. she is surging, he is falling.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:59 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
it’s a big deal to Biden, who is imploding. what harris did, worked. she is surging, he is falling.
I'd like to hear Jim give the play by play while watching a pre-school playground...the drama would be ripe.

Biden's implosion is impressive, he's holding a double digit lead in a field of 20 Dem candidates and leads Trump by 10 points
Old 07-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I'd like to hear Jim give the play by play while watching a pre-school playground...the drama would be ripe.

Biden's implosion is impressive, he's holding a double digit lead in a field of 20 Dem candidates and leads Trump by 10 points
spence, tell
me where i’m off here, rather than. lobbing vague insults as usual.

harris went after biden very aggressively for opposing forced busing, and for working with congressmen who were segregationists ( biden never worked with them
to implement racist or segregationist policies).

Neither of the obamas have come out and defended biden from Harris’ accusations.

where did i go wrong, exactly? please be specific...
Old 07-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #12
Jim in CT

Quote:

according to this poll, after the debate, biden’s lead over harris decreased from 23 points ( 30 to 7) to 2 points ( 22 to 20). What a moron I am, for concluding that this was meaningful.

last time i checked, 2 was not a double digit number. am i wrong?

boy, you sure showed me, you’ve really got me on the ropes.

https://news.yahoo.com/harris-surges...QDBHNlYwNzYw--

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-09-2019 at 09:33 AM..
Old 07-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

Some people learn to value their word, it's impact and use it judiciously.

Some people blither, tweet all the time with no empathy or idea of the impact and then praise themselves.

They are rarely the same people.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Some people learn to value their word, it's impact and use it judiciously.

Some people blither, tweet all the time with no empathy or idea of the impact and then praise themselves.

They are rarely the same people.
well that certainly clears that up, thanks.

biden is tanking in at least the one poll i posted, and no one would deny that the tank happened because Harris annihilated him with race baiting in the debate, combined with the fact that on the left, a mere accusation of racism is more than enough, god knows no proof is required.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:21 AM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Probably some of those FAKE polls

Some people say Marianne won all the debates in a galactic sense by out-weirding everyone else.

Remember there are 482 days to go till the election, and around 20 +/- Dems and 2 Republicans so far to thin out before we get there.

I already see Dems moving to the middle, and Trump moving further to the right, the only guarantee at this point is things will change.

If you want to bring up past statements think of this one from 1999, when Trump was running for President (the senile guy has forgotten about that), when he was to the left of Warren: Billionaire businessman Donald Trump has a plan to pay off the national debt, grant a middle class a tax cut, and keep Social Security afloat: tax rich people like himself.

Trump, a prospective candidate for the Reform Party presidential nomination, is proposing a one-time "net worth tax" on individuals and trusts worth $10 million or more.
By Trump's calculations, his proposed 14.25 percent levy on such net worth would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt in one full swoop.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-09-2019, 10:37 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Probably some of those FAKE polls

Some people say Marianne won all the debates in a galactic sense by out-weirding everyone else.

Remember there are 482 days to go till the election, and around 20 +/- Dems and 2 Republicans so far to thin out before we get there.

I already see Dems moving to the middle, and Trump moving further to the right, the only guarantee at this point is things will change.

If you want to bring up past statements think of this one from 1999, when Trump was running for President (the senile guy has forgotten about that), when he was to the left of Warren: Billionaire businessman Donald Trump has a plan to pay off the national debt, grant a middle class a tax cut, and keep Social Security afloat: tax rich people like himself.

Trump, a prospective candidate for the Reform Party presidential nomination, is proposing a one-time "net worth tax" on individuals and trusts worth $10 million or more.
By Trump's calculations, his proposed 14.25 percent levy on such net worth would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt in one full swoop.
"Probably some of those FAKE polls"

First you said I was spinning (meaning my conclusions were flawed). Now you're saying my conclusions were based on fake polls. Which is it, Pete? Other than the fact that you don't like the conclusions drawn from that poll (done by Quinnipiac and CNN, by the way), what evidence do you have that the poll is worthless?

'Remember there are 482 days to go till the election"

Never said otherwise, so I have no idea who or what you are responding to. I said Harris played the race card, and the poll shows it worked.

"I already see Dems moving to the middle"

If that's what you see, I presume you're Mr Magoo. Reparations, abortions until the head is visible, student loan debt elimination, single payer healthcare, open borders, the green new deal. Yessir, that wishlist is right smack-dab in the middle.

"If you want to bring up past statements "

huh? I'm talking about the debate that happened a week ago.

"By Trump's calculations, his proposed 14.25 percent levy on such net worth would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt in one full swoop"

Umm, the debt is a lot more than that.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #17
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
"Probably some of those FAKE polls"

That's a satirical comment based on Trump's saying polls saying he was behind are FAKE

First you said I was spinning (meaning my conclusions were flawed). Now you're saying my conclusions were based on fake polls. Which is it, Pete? Other than the fact that you don't like the conclusions drawn from that poll (done by Quinnipiac and CNN, by the way), what evidence do you have that the poll is worthless?

'Remember there are 482 days to go till the election"

Never said otherwise, so I have no idea who or what you are responding to. I said Harris played the race card, and the poll shows it worked.

For the Moment, there are 482 days to go

"I already see Dems moving to the middle"

If that's what you see, I presume you're Mr Magoo. Reparations, abortions until the head is visible, student loan debt elimination, single payer healthcare, open borders, the green new deal. Yessir, that wishlist is right smack-dab in the middle.

You just recited every Fox news talking point, how would anyone get those thru Congress?

"If you want to bring up past statements "

huh? I'm talking about the debate that happened a week ago.

All politicians have histories which is what Harris brought up, Biden, Trump etc.

"By Trump's calculations, his proposed 14.25 percent levy on such net worth would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt in one full swoop"

Umm, the debt is a lot more than that.
It wasn't in 1999 and that was Trump's solution at that time when he was concerned with the debt.
Of course he has increased the debt considerably since being elected and flipflopped totally on his position since then, but you don't care.

I can foresee the But...........

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
It wasn't in 1999 and that was Trump's solution at that time when he was concerned with the debt.
Of course he has increased the debt considerably since being elected and flipflopped totally on his position since then, but you don't care.

I can foresee the But...........
"You just recited every Fox news talking point"

I see! So leading, prominent democrats, aren't currently advocating for reparations, late-term abortions, single-payer healthcare, open borders, and the green new deal? I'm making that up? Sanders, Harris, Warren, they aren't in favor of these things? Jeez, I've been sorely misinformed...but wait, here's the thing...

Warren backs reparations, source is not foxnews...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1QA2WF

an article saying that many democratic candidates are in favor of free college, again source isn't foxnews...

https://www.thecollegefix.com/democr...n-forgiveness/

An article from the New York Times (do they get their talking points from Foxnews, Pete?), saying that democrats favor single payer healthcare...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/03/u...yer-party.html

An article, also not from foxnews, showing that most candidates support the green new deal.

https://www.axios.com/2020-president...437c82431.html

Would you care to recant you nonsensical, gibberish claim that I'm regurgitating Foxnews talking points?
Old 07-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #19
spence

Jim, have you ever tried just screaming to let it out?
Old 07-09-2019, 12:04 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

That wouldn't be any fun, it's more fun to till

Lets Go Darwin
Old 07-09-2019, 12:12 PM   #21
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

speaking of Looks like CNN is starting to ratchet up the racial issues for the election.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CNN.JPG
Views:	399
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	66334  

Old 07-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #22
PaulS

Too small to read. Is that about Don Jr. tweeting Harris isn't an American black?
Old 07-09-2019, 12:40 PM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quite a few headlines:

"Crying boy begs dad not to call cops on black man"

"Police say man cut Arizona teen's throat because rap music made him feel unsafe"

"Living while black"

"This is why everyday racial profiling is so dangerous"

"A black hospital patient went on a walk. Then he was arrested"

"Opinion: Biased 911 calls are a problem. This isn't a solution"

And incase you missed it last year....

"White woman's police call leads to huge BBQ (2018)"

all down the left side of their landing page

Old 07-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim, have you ever tried just screaming to let it out?
you lob a vague insult. i ask
you to specify where i was wrong, you lob another vague insult. you’re a coward, which is why you vanished after the election, and why you can’t admit that nothing i said was incorrect.

asking for specifics of why you’re insulting me, is a character flaw to you?

Old 07-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
all down the left side of their landing page
In that webframe they put related articles to the headline story. If the headline was about cupcakes, you'd see a list of cupcake interest.
Old 07-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #26
spence

Quote:
you lob a vague insult. i ask
you to specify where i was wrong, you lob another vague insult. you’re a coward, which is why you vanished after the election, and why you can’t admit that nothing i said was incorrect.

asking for specifics of why you’re insulting me, is a character flaw to you?

Yea, I'm a coward Jim
Old 07-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
In that webframe they put related articles to the headline story. If the headline was about cupcakes, you'd see a list of cupcake interest.
I wonder what Keyword they were using to tag all those articles

and why is "Crying boy begs dad not to call cops on black man" even a national story

Old 07-09-2019, 01:40 PM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Yea, I'm a coward Jim
you won’t tell me what i said was wrong, nor will you admit i was right. just vague insults. what would you call it? i’m all ears.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:27 PM   #29
spence

Quote:
you won’t tell me what i said was wrong, nor will you admit i was right. just vague insults. what would you call it? i’m all ears.
I don't even remember what the question was.
Old 07-09-2019, 02:33 PM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't even remember what the question was.
let’s start with an easy one. you said i was exaggerating the impact if harris’ attack on biden, as you said he was still up by double digits. i posted the quinnipiac pills from before after the debate, where his lead over harris plummeted from 23 points to 2 points. so how off base was i, when i said harris bloodied him up?

it’s ok to admit you were wrong, spence. you’ve shown me wrong here a few times, immediately admitted it.