Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-05-2016, 04:34 AM   #1
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Please stop the sanity.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bigger government and more regulations fixes everything . We all know Bubba at the gun shows is the problem with gun violence in America . Brilliant !!
Brought to you by good people that brought you Operation Fast and Furious
Old 01-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #2
wdmso

AND THESES Steps ARE A BAD THING ?? Please explain how any of theses are bad and restrict your 2A rights?

and please no talking points from your inbox

All sellers must be licensed and conduct background checks, overturning current exemptions to some online and gun show sellers
States must provide information on people disqualified due to mental illness or domestic violence
FBI will increase workforce processing background checks by 50%, hiring more than 230 new examiners
Congress will be asked to invest $500m (£339m) to improve access to mental healthcare
The departments of defence, justice and homeland security will explore "smart gun technology" to improve gun safety
Old 01-05-2016, 04:12 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
AND THESES Steps ARE A BAD THING ?? Please explain how any of theses are bad and restrict your 2A rights?

and please no talking points from your inbox

1All sellers must be licensed and conduct background checks, overturning current exemptions to some online and gun show sellers
2States must provide information on people disqualified due to mental illness or domestic violence
3FBI will increase workforce processing background checks by 50%, hiring more than 230 new examiners
4Congress will be asked to invest $500m (£339m) to improve access to mental healthcare
5The departments of defence, justice and homeland security will explore "smart gun technology" to improve gun safety
The main policy would not have stopped any recent mass shootings.

225 years of precedent, destroyed–without any legislative due process.
The expansion of background checks is an affront to freedom in general, because it brings private sellers under the purview of the government regardless of whether those sellers sell one gun a year or 100. Americans have been selling guns privately since 1791–that’s 225 years–and now, with a swipe of his pen, Obama is saying a portion of those sales must be handled federally and conducted via background checks.

This is a not-so-subtle slide toward universal background checks–the kind of background checks they have in California and France–and it will eventually require a gun registry database in order to be enforceable–like the registry they have in France and the one they are building in California.
Sounds bad to me.

You can be denied a gun for purely financial reasons or if you are on Social Security.

Sounds horribly bad

It adds more burdens to gun dealers who are already following the law.
This doesn't affect me because we already have it in Mass.

Nobody wants smart guns, they are unreliable and not proven. Bad idea, very bad idea

so stick with the laws we have
If the individual states can legally add laws to have better background checks, then that is a whole other story

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:38 AM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Bigger government and more regulations fixes everything . We all know Bubba at the gun shows is the problem with gun violence in America . Brilliant !!
Brought to you by good people that brought you Operation Fast and Furious

your sure dont have many ideas on how to fix the gun problem or are unwilling to admit there is one .. seem you just regurgitate what the NRA tell's you say.. I understand See no evil speak no evil hear no evil

If gun owners got behind some of this common sense stuff and many do.. they get drowned out by the extremes and the Money it would be a Huge PR win But they would rather have the armed guys in oregon be their Flag bearers on 2A rights they do more damage to your cause the then Pres Obama .. And how are things going to change when hes out of office ??? Gun Makers have had a banner few year with no gun law changes .. Sadly Conservatives are the party of Fear
Old 01-05-2016, 06:05 AM   #5
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
your sure dont have many ideas on how to fix the gun problem or are unwilling to admit there is one .. seem you just regurgitate what the NRA tell's you say.. I understand See no evil speak no evil hear no evil

If gun owners got behind some of this common sense stuff and many do.. they get drowned out by the extremes and the Money it would be a Huge PR win But they would rather have the armed guys in oregon be their Flag bearers on 2A rights they do more damage to your cause the then Pres Obama .. And how are things going to change when hes out of office ??? Gun Makers have had a banner few year with no gun law changes .. Sadly Conservatives are the party of Fear
I have no idea what the NRA says .
Why don't you explain to me why under the Obama administration gun violation prosecutions have seen such a significant drop ? Seeing how he has been the best thing for gun sales and probably personally responsible for more guns being sold in the last 7 years , I would think we would be using the laws that are already on the books to there fullest . Do you have a problem with or even understand how many laws there already are ?? It appears he's only interested in going after the gpod guys.

Last edited by buckman; 01-05-2016 at 06:24 AM..
Old 01-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
spence

Quote:
Why don't you explain to me why under the Obama administration gun violation prosecutions have seen such a significant drop ?
I looked into this and it doesn't look like it's really that significant.

Federal weapons prosecutions are still very high under Obama compared to the last few decades. They did spike a few years after 9/11 but declined steadily under Bush and under Obama have sort of leveled out. It's also just a single statistic that without context doesn't mean a heck of a lot. You could have a shift towards local and state prosecution for instance that doesn't mean anyone is soft on anything.

I'd rate this one as made up talking point nonsense.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #7
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I looked into this and it doesn't look like it's really that significant.

Federal weapons prosecutions are still very high under Obama compared to the last few decades. They did spike a few years after 9/11 but declined steadily under Bush and under Obama have sort of leveled out. It's also just a single statistic that without context doesn't mean a heck of a lot. You could have a shift towards local and state prosecution for instance that doesn't mean anyone is soft on anything.

I'd rate this one as made up talking point nonsense.

BS. I take your last line and throw it back at you
Old 01-05-2016, 12:30 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
BS. I take your last line and throw it back at you
It's public data, not much to BS.