Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-15-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Warp Speed

Someone really needs to be beamed back to reality, listen to clown and all is well, I will go with science.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:20 PM   #2
wdmso

Ludicrous Speed”
Old 05-15-2020, 08:10 PM   #3
Sea Dangles

I hit 60 in the Sakonnet yesterday.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-15-2020, 08:43 PM   #4
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I thought you were Captain obvious, but then our leader stated that if it weren’t for testing we wouldn’t have the numbers we have. It amazes me he can put his stupidity right out there for the nation to see.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:16 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Thanks for sharing

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-15-2020, 11:54 PM   #6
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I thought you were Captain obvious, but then our leader stated that if it weren’t for testing we wouldn’t have the numbers we have. It amazes me he can put his stupidity right out there for the nation to see.
He means that testing gives a more accurate count and adds to the total number those who we would not know about without the testing. It's obvious that testing will result in greater numbers KNOWN. Why is that stupid?
Old 05-16-2020, 06:28 AM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
He means that testing gives a more accurate count and adds to the total number those who we would not know about without the testing. It's obvious that testing will result in greater numbers KNOWN. Why is that stupid?
No that’s absolutely not what he meant, but hey I know you will Bill Barr him to the end. I wonder if the space forces new Super Duper missile has warp speed, it’s like Saturday morning cartoon programming watching this guy and his cartoon characters.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 05-16-2020 at 06:41 AM..
Old 05-16-2020, 07:34 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
No that’s absolutely not what he meant, but hey I know you will Bill Barr him to the end.
We have done the most tests which results in seeing the most numbers (that and some sh1tty management). We have done over 10 millions tests. RUS is next with 6.4 mil (if you believe it), then Germany with 3.1 million tests. China (of course) does not list their numbers.

We are on par with Europe. Taking UK, FR, DE, SP, IT, rough pop 322mil and comparing to USA 330mil.

In total tests, the US has done 10.8million tests. The five Big EUR nations below have done 12.2 mil tests.

USA:
Death/mil 265

Cases/mil 4446

Testing/mil 32817

EUR

Death/mil 425

Cases/mil 3578

Testing/mil 38765

So we are roughly comparable to equivalent nations in Europe. I can make arguments that skew numbers worse or better depending on other factors

We are really in no overall WORSE shape than the most comparable countries in the world, and arguably better.

Quick numbers from Thursday:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Quote:
I wonder if the space forces new Super Duper missile has warp speed, it’s like Saturday morning cartoon programming watching this guy and his cartoon characters.

It's hypersonic, and the Space Force is a need, regardless of how poorly it have been rolled out.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 05-16-2020, 08:13 AM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

No debating tests equate to numbers, it’s the follow up statements he made were just stupid. Also not debating the need for a space force, only marveling at the juvenile naming of the rocket by what used to be the leader of the free world. Less is more, but he can’t keep the stupid from flowing from his mouth, carry on.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-16-2020, 08:18 AM   #10
Nebe

I thought “warp speed” was the name for the operation to produce a vaccine in record time. Possibly before the end of this year.
For example I read that Johnson and Johnson have already gone into full production with the assumption that the human based Trials will pass and the fda will approve it. The way it usually works is one step doesn’t happen until the first one is complete and passes.

In this case I’m pro trump. See it is possible to be a critical thinker and weigh facts.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #11
Nebe

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5199969002
Old 05-19-2020, 06:28 AM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

The FDA warned taking hydroxi could cause severe heart damage, which is probably why his doctor told him he could take it if he insisted, knowing Trump is heartless and the risk of damage was low. But consider what his announcement means. The FDA warns against taking it and the president comes out to endorse taking it, just another example of his stupidity; it never ends.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:29 AM   #13
Sea Dangles

He will git her done

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-19-2020, 08:36 AM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He will git her done
If by that you mean cause more death to American citizens than needed you are correct.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:39 AM   #15
Sea Dangles

Quote:
If by that you mean cause more death to American citizens than needed you are correct.
This is the stupidity that has been absent for a while.

Maybe he should have closed the borders sooner...oh wait!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-19-2020, 10:36 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Maybe he should have closed the borders sooner...oh wait!
The same people who said he over-reacted in January, are now saying he didn't do nearly enough. Which is it?
Old 05-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Limiting (not banning) travel from China and doing nothing to prevent it coming in from Europe, not gearing up quick enough, the constant downplay and this latest contraction to medical experts, all have cost lives. You three stooges will defend him even if he shoots someone at his next rally, I get it drunk on the BS carry on. I only post now to jab you three on yet another example of Trump stupidity, no civil discourse, so this to me is just good fun. I think you three should go get some hydroxi and good doses, if the greatest president of our lifetime and if Dr. Trump is taking it, it’s the thing to do.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:55 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Limiting (not banning) travel from China and doing nothing to prevent it coming in from Europe, not gearing up quick enough, the constant downplay and this latest contraction to medical experts, all have cost lives. You three stooges will defend him even if he shoots someone at his next rally, I get it drunk on the BS carry on. I only post now to jab you three on yet another example of Trump stupidity, no civil discourse, so this to me is just good fun. I think you three should go get some hydroxi and good doses, if the greatest president of our lifetime and if Dr. Trump is taking it, it’s the thing to do.
"Limiting (not banning) travel from China and doing nothing to prevent it coming in from Europe, not gearing up quick enough, the constant downplay and this latest contraction to medical experts, all have cost lives"

In hindsight, that's true. But at the time, when he restricted travel from China, democrats and the media were saying it was an overreaction, that the virus wasn't serious enough to justify that. They said he was fear-mongering. Now you're saying he didn't do enough. But you aren't criticizing the liberals who claimed that the little he did back then, was way too much. We should trust people who said the travel restrictions were an unnecessary overreaction?

At the time, Biden said that Trumps restrictions were xenophobic fear mongering. You are saying Trump should have done more (and I agree), Biden said he should have done less. So on what basis would any sane person believe we'd be better off today, if Biden was in charge?
Old 05-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
You three stooges will defend him even if he shoots someone at his next rallyPosted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I criticize him all the time. You are the thoughtless fanatic, not me. You're the one who says the same exact thing every single time.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:38 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump*s travel restrictions on China, which were put in place the same day Biden delivered his speech, January 31, weren’t announced until 3:55 p.m. EDT that day, about 15 minutes before Biden took the stage.

Part of Biden's speech was this and he had seen Trump*s performance during the Ebola crisis. President Tweety's twitter comments are here, just search ebola. http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/archive

“We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus, from China,” Biden said in the speech on January 31. “This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia — hysterical xenophobia — and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

Here is Biden's prescient op ed from January 27th.
Biden did not claim it will all work out well, he outlined the steps and international cooperation needed to solve the problem.

Yet, Trump* did as little as possible for months and repeatedly claimed it was under control, we were doing everything we needed to, etc.
You can watch Trump* say it, it's on tape.

Joe Biden: Trump is worst possible leader to deal with coronavirus outbreak

President has blithely tweeted that 'it will all work out well.' Yet the steps he has taken have only weakened our capacity to respond.

The possibility of a pandemic is a challenge Donald Trump is unqualified to handle as president. I remember how Trump sought to stoke fear and stigma during the 2014 Ebola epidemic. He called President Barack Obama a “dope” and “incompetent” and railed against the evidence-based response our administration put in place — which quelled the crisis and saved hundreds of thousands of lives — in favor of reactionary travel bans that would only have made things worse. He advocated abandoning exposed and infected American citizens rather than bringing them home for treatment.

Trump’s demonstrated failures of judgment and his repeated rejection of science make him the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health challenge.

The outbreak of a new coronavirus, which has already infected more than 2,700 people and killed over 80 in China, will get worse before it gets better. Cases have been confirmed in a dozen countries, with at least five in the United States. There will likely be more.

Diseases don't stop at borders or walls
The State Department has scheduled an evacuation flight and advised Americans against traveling to Hubei province, the epicenter of the outbreak, and is evacuating non-essential personnel.

Trump has blithely tweeted that “it will all work out well.” Yet the steps he has taken as president have only weakened our capacity to respond.

Trump has rolled back much of the progress President Obama and I made to strengthen global health security. He proposed draconian cuts to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Agency for International Development — the very agencies we need to fight this outbreak and prevent future ones.

He dismissed the top White House official in charge of global health security and dismantled the entire team. And he has treated with utmost contempt institutions that facilitate international cooperation, thus undermining the global efforts that keep us safe from pandemics and biological attacks.

To be blunt, I am concerned that the Trump administration’s shortsighted policies have left us unprepared for a dangerous epidemic that will come sooner or later.

Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response.

Cruel and unusual:Trump tweeted heartlessly about Ebola in 2014. He's ill-equipped to handle 2019 outbreak.

That’s how we broke the infection curve on Ebola. In September 2014, CDC projections warned that over 1 million people could be infected if we failed to act. By February 2015, thanks to the leadership of our administration, the number of new Ebola cases was fewer than 400. A few months later, the epidemic was essentially extinguished.

I will uphold science, not fiction or fear
We brought the world together behind a response that only the United States could mobilize — including dispatching our military on a limited mission to help build the urgent infrastructure necessary to coordinate a massive global public health response, deploying American disaster assistance response teams to Africa, unleashing the NIH to help spur the discovery of new treatments and vaccines, protecting our citizens from potential cases of Ebola in the USA, and harnessing civilian expertise from the CDC at home and abroad.

We acted over the chorus of uninformed objections from critics like Donald Trump, and more than 60 countries followed our lead, contributing over $2 billion, thousands of health professionals and personnel, and other critical resources like personal protective equipment. Just as important, we strengthened our focus on preparing for the next crisis.

That’s the kind of leadership a moment like this demands — a leadership Trump could never deliver.

As president, I will reassert U.S. leadership in global health security. My policies will always uphold science, not fiction or fearmongering. I will ask Congress to beef up the Public Health Emergency Fund and give me the power to use the Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act to declare a disaster if an infectious disease threat merits it.

I will also renew funding — set to expire in May — for the nationwide network of hospitals that can isolate and treat people with infectious diseases, and fully fund the Global Health Security Agenda so the world is ready for the next outbreak. And I will rebuild public trust, make sure we have dedicated resources to help us respond to crises quickly, and better harness the capabilities of the private sector to protect the American people. Our national security requires nothing less.

Here's a basic question: why is the president taking an unproven treatment – hydroxychloroquine – while refusing to take a step proven to reduce risk of infection – wearing a mask?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

A study of 96,000 hospitalized coronavirus patients on six continents found that those who received an antimalarial drug promoted by President Trump as a “game changer” in the fight against the virus had a significantly higher risk of death compared with those who did not.
People treated with hydroxychloroquine, or the closely related drug chloroquine, were also more likely to develop a type of irregular heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, that can lead to sudden cardiac death, it concluded.

Get your prescription filled your three if Trump says he is taking it, the faux news and studies are lies.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:43 PM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

How many prescriptions did Trump write?
Old 05-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #23
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump promotes a miracle drug (in his opinion what’s to loose), which has been shown to do more harm than good, it’s not the messaging our president should be putting out there. Call your primary and I doubt any will give you a prescription for this crap, well maybe for malaria.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:28 PM   #24
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

It has other uses other than as a malaria drug. And nobody is getting it without a prescription, so no big deal.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:39 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
It has other uses other than as a malaria drug. And nobody is getting it without a prescription, so no big deal.
I read the demand went up 43 times after trump promoted it. A lot of doctors will prescribe if patients are asking. Big deal.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:58 PM   #26
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I read the demand went up 43 times after trump promoted it. A lot of doctors will prescribe if patients are asking. Big deal.
No, not a big deal, it’s on the doctors then if they’re prescribing something they shouldn’t. Hopefully they learned their lesson over their role in the opioid crisis to only prescribe what is needed.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-23-2020, 05:42 AM   #27
Sea Dangles

Don’t talk about Obama’s opioid addiction problem

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-24-2020, 07:42 AM   #28
wdmso

No one cared about opioids or heroin, until white suburban kids started dying .. 20 years working in a detox showed me that
Old 05-24-2020, 07:46 AM   #29
Sea Dangles

Obama certainly didn’t care. 8 years as a spectator proved that.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #30
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Be careful, I know you follow the lead, but there are side affects.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E835C63D-453A-4AFF-90C8-68D7BC6EC265.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	67128