Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-26-2020, 10:41 AM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

He's setting things up to claim it's rigged

And lying to do so, as usual.
Only registered voters will receive a ballot and just who are these "professionals"?
Don't worry more lies and exaggerations will come from Tweety as his DEATHSTAR campaign falls further behind.
100,000 dead so far

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
3h
There is NO WAY (ZERO!) that Mail-In Ballots will be anything less than substantially fraudulent. Mail boxes will be robbed, ballots will be forged & even illegally printed out & fraudulently signed. The Governor of California is sending Ballots to millions of people, anyone.....
....living in the state, no matter who they are or how they got there, will get one. That will be followed up with professionals telling all of these people, many of whom have never even thought of voting before, how, and for whom, to vote. This will be a Rigged Election. No way!

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-27-2020, 04:07 AM   #2
wdmso

Donald Trump accuses Twitter of 'stifling free speech' with fact-check warning, says platform is interfering in US election
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #3
wdmso

President Trump and Twitter escalated Wednesday as he threatened to "strongly regulate" or shut down social media platforms, which he accused of silencing conservative viewpoints.

So silencing conservative view point just happen to be lies
Old 05-27-2020, 05:02 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

Yada
Yada
Yada ding dong

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-27-2020, 05:50 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Donald Trump accuses Twitter of 'stifling free speech' with fact-check warning, says platform is interfering in US election
By "fact checking" (even more so if they don't fact check everybody), Twitter may have threatened its status as a platform which is not responsible for the content of the tweets, and now become more like a publisher by inserting its own content when it fact checks.

As a "platform" it is immune from liable due to the content of tweets (only the tweeter can be sued). But as the publisher of fact checks derived on its own volition, it produces its own content and so is more a publisher than merely being a platform--especially so if it selectively limits fact checks to one person or to only a certain kind of politically oriented tweeter.

It may have opened the door to lawsuits that publishers are open to even if the objectionable content is a tweet.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #6
scottw

heard a leftist news reporter tonight pointing out that the courts have ruled many times that "free speech" is a protection from government infringing on your right to free speech and not from private entities etc....HELLO....funny how they finally get their minds right when it's convenient
Old 05-28-2020, 06:58 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
heard a leftist news reporter tonight pointing out that the courts have ruled many times that "free speech" is a protection from government infringing on your right to free speech and not from private entities etc....HELLO....funny how they finally get their minds right when it's convenient
The most powerful man in the world Lies as a profession and you thinks it a free speech issue??

Trump to 'sign executive order about social media' this should be interesting
Old 05-28-2020, 07:02 AM   #8
scottw

Quote:
The most powerful man in the world Lies as a profession and you thinks it a free speech issue??

Trump to 'sign executive order about social media' this should be interesting
I didn't mention trump.....and....you should re-read what I wrote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:03 AM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
By "fact checking" (even more so if they don't fact check everybody), Twitter may have threatened its status as a platform which is not responsible for the content of the tweets, and now become more like a publisher by inserting its own content when it fact checks.

As a "platform" it is immune from liable due to the content of tweets (only the tweeter can be sued). But as the publisher of fact checks derived on its own volition, it produces its own content and so is more a publisher than merely being a platform--especially so if it selectively limits fact checks to one person or to only a certain kind of politically oriented tweeter.

It may have opened the door to lawsuits that publishers are open to even if the objectionable content is a tweet.

by inserting its own content when it fact checks.

So are you suggesting tweeter is presenting their own version of the Facts .. and now Facts are subjective and changed to support tweeters view? because thats that Alternative fact world where conspiracies are born
Old 05-28-2020, 07:31 AM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled

We don't know what the WH Counsel's office is going to vomit out when it comes to this social media executive order, but the idea by many Trumplican "conservatives" that this is a Good Thing, is I think, ludicrously wrong.

Nothing says "limited government" like putting the FTC and Commerce Department in the role of policing online speech.

What could EVER go wrong with that? Let me give my Tweety fluffers a couple mild, not too far-fetched scenarios to contemplate.
In 2028, President Cortez (D-Progville, WA) decides that online anti-abortion speech is unacceptable and deceptive.

Or that no online platform should allow discussion of those terrible guns.

Or that free market capitalism has done enough damage or that The Federalist or Sturmbart or the Daily Caller represent a clear and present danger for trying to revive the Tweety Cult, again?

Are these broadly drawn and lurid scenarios? Sure.

Is Tweety teeing this #^&#^&#^&#^& up? Yup.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:41 AM   #11
Sea Dangles

��

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-28-2020, 09:15 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
by inserting its own content when it fact checks.

So are you suggesting tweeter is presenting their own version of the Facts .. and now Facts are subjective and changed to support tweeters view? because thats that Alternative fact world where conspiracies are born
"A platform is a technological space designed to serve as a host for a wide variety of things, including web sites. A publisher creates content and materials and then publishes those things using both physical and online platforms."

I am suggesting that by soliciting, requesting specific content, then publishing it, Twitter is no longer merely a host for those who wish to "tweet," because it presents its own content, (it owns it regardless of how that content is derived), and therefor becomes responsible for that content just as tweeters are responsible for the content of their tweets no matter how they derive it or who they quote.

More to the point, by doing so, it becomes a publisher, not merely a platform. And clearly even more so when it picks and chooses who or what to fact check rather than fact checking all tweets.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-28-2020 at 09:23 AM..
Old 05-28-2020, 09:30 AM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I didn't mention trump.....and....you should re-read what I wrote
here’s what he read in his
mind...

trumptrumpteumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrumptrump.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

The incorrect fact that Twitter objected to was that Tweety claimed that everyone in California would receive a ballot.
This is a lie and put forth by the top elected official in the country.
Perhaps only his fluffers would believe his lie and wonder, too late, why they never received a ballot, but it could deprive some people of the opportunity to vote.

Fun Fact: The only way Trump could destroy Twitter is if they hired him to run it.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
T
Fun Fact: The only way Trump could destroy Twitter is if they hired him to run it.
This needs to be fact checked.