Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-21-2012, 08:42 AM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

so spence, where are they now

Embassies close in fear of more protests - CNN.com

post 9/11 many of us raged that there were no loud voices from the Islamic leadership, that "moderate" muslims were not speaking out against the violence. All we saw was more piling on America. When this cry went up Spence would always lecture us on how many muslim leaders are speaking out, we;re too ignorant to know. Well, the mid-east is blowing up in riots, children are making death chants and once again its the evil ole USA. So Spence, where are the moderates? Where are the US mulsim you tube videos asking for peace? Explaining US freedom of speech? Where are the advocates for the religion of peace?
Once again, silent. No leadership, no balls,

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 09-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
striperman36
Old Guy

they spent 70k on adverstisement in Pakistan
Old 09-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

ahh yes, the religion of peace (or is it pieces?)

Mohammed Tariq Khan, a protester in Islamabad, said: "Our demand is that whoever has blasphemed against our holy Prophet should be handed over to us so we can cut him up into tiny pieces in front of the entire nation."

Old 09-21-2012, 11:14 AM   #4
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Send a message via AIM to likwid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
post 9/11 many of us raged that there were no loud voices from the Islamic leadership, that "moderate" muslims were not speaking out against the violence.
Ok Rush Limbaugh.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=muslim+leaders+condemn+9%2F11

Last edited by likwid; 09-21-2012 at 11:20 AM..

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

call me when the pro us muslims start rallying in support of this country

Old 09-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

that was hard...
Pro-U.S.demonstration in Benghazi, Libya

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

wow that was inspiring. Looks like we have a lot of "moderates"
So it appears our fears are true - most are ravings violent lunatics while a handfull are reasonable.
I applaud their bravery. lets hope they're not blown up tonight

Old 09-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
ahh yes, the religion of peace (or is it pieces?)

Mohammed Tariq Khan, a protester in Islamabad, said: "Our demand is that whoever has blasphemed against our holy Prophet should be handed over to us so we can cut him up into tiny pieces in front of the entire nation."
NPR last night had a story about a kid in Pakistan posted a link for the you tube vid on his facebook page.
Mother called the police because the neighborhood was trying to break in and drag him out
Police came and arrested him for slander!!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Protesting Libyans overrun militant compound in backlash against armed groups - World News

RIJ:
they must have heard you call them out....

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 09-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #10
spence

No support down under either...

Vic Muslim leaders won't support rallies - Yahoo!7 News

Not in Detroit...

Metro Detroit Muslim leaders speak out on violence over anti-Islam film | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Open your eyes and look around, there's articles all over.

-spence
Old 09-22-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
spence

Quote:
Well, the mid-east is blowing up in riots, children are making death chants and once again its the evil ole USA.
I'd also note that most of these riots are manufactured.

-spence
Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #12
spence

I remember back during the Iraq war, people would accuse the fringe Left Wing of so much hate for Bush they were actually hoping our troops would fail just to tarnish his legacy.

It's almost like the entire Republican party has taken this attitude towards Obama...nearly giddy over Isalmic riots and the fodder it gives the punditry to convert into sugary candy.

I don't understand it.

-spence
Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I remember back during the Iraq war, people would accuse the fringe Left Wing of so much hate for Bush they were actually hoping our troops would fail just to tarnish his legacy.

It's almost like the entire Republican party has taken this attitude towards Obama...nearly giddy over Isalmic riots and the fodder it gives the punditry to convert into sugary candy.

I don't understand it.

-spence
Unfortunately, it seems to me that a very high % of the Repub. party has moved so far right that they do/say what they accuse the fringe left wing of doing.

Have you noticed that you hardly ever hear Pres. Obama referred to that way? It is always Obama. There is such destain for the man that they can't bring themselves to say the word Pres. And I don't necessarily mean here in a post when it is quicker to just type his name.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't understand it.

-spence
You also don't seem to understand how Obama could deal with the economy and immigration at the same time. I see you chose not to respond to that.

We don't want Obama to fail. We want him to change. And since he not only won't change, but is doubling down on what has already failed, it's fair to point out these things.

Spence, in 2006 when the Iraq War went really bad, do you not remember how liberals were covering that? They hated the war, the war was going badly, and they weren't exactly shy about blaming Bush.

What's good for the goose...

P.S. We could fill the oceans with what you don't understand.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Unfortunately, it seems to me that a very high % of the Repub. party has moved so far right that they do/say what they accuse the fringe left wing of doing.
I think it's much worse...

Only the fringe left truly hated President Bush. Yes, there was a lot of disdain for the President all around but this was based on the perception the Administration misled the country into war, not because of disagreements in policy.

The difference is now the hatred has gone mainstream.

Quote:
Have you noticed that you hardly ever hear Pres. Obama referred to that way? It is always Obama. There is such destain for the man that they can't bring themselves to say the word Pres. And I don't necessarily mean here in a post when it is quicker to just type his name.
It's a feel good move to make them feel like they've stripped him of his title, like it doesn't really exist. I'm not even sure many realize they're doing it.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 09-22-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Old 09-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You also don't seem to understand how Obama could deal with the economy and immigration at the same time. I see you chose not to respond to that.
I did respond to it, you just choose to ignore that which you don't like to read.

Quote:
We don't want Obama to fail. We want him to change. And since he not only won't change, but is doubling down on what has already failed, it's fair to point out these things.
Failure assumes the negative end state of an objective. I'm not sure what all President Obama has done that's reached that point.

Quote:
Spence, in 2006 when the Iraq War went really bad, do you not remember how liberals were covering that? They hated the war, the war was going badly, and they weren't exactly shy about blaming Bush.

What's good for the goose...
As I've stated above, much of country believes they were misled, this totally changes the dynamics of the situation.

The GOP hates President Obama simply for who he is, not even his policies really...so much of what Obama has proposed has been undertaken by many others and even Republicans over the decades.

Quote:
P.S. We could fill the oceans with what you don't understand.
Ohhhhhh good one. You and Scott must be working on these zingers together to come up with such stinging lines

-spence
Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think it's much worse... Only the fringe left truly hated President Bush. Yes, there was a lot of disdain for the President all around but this was based on the perception the Administration misled the country into war, not because of disagreements in policy. The difference is now the hatred has gone mainstream. It's a feel good move to make them feel like they've stripped him of his title, like it doesn't really exist. I'm not even sure many realize they're doing it. -spence
"Only the fringe left truly hated President Bush."

I agree. And only the radical right truly hates Obama.

Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader, called Bush a "loser". Not hateful, but not respectful, either.

We're polarized, Spence. Obviously I agree. Obama is partly to blame, he's not a guy who can work with the other side. Bill Clinton, he ain't.

"The difference is now the hatred has gone mainstream"

Based on what? you're telling me that someone like Mitt Romney, or John McCain, "hate" Obama?

Here's what's different, Spence. And I'm right on this. When Bush was president, the left (including 99% of the media) claimed that "dissent was the highest form of patriotism". Now that we have a black Democrat in the White House, dissent is the lowest form of racism. That's how dissent is now portrayed, and you are buying into it.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
I did respond to it, you just choose to ignore that which you don't like to read. Failure assumes the negative end state of an objective. I'm not sure what all President Obama has done that's reached that point. As I've stated above, much of country believes they were misled, this totally changes the dynamics of the situation. The GOP hates President Obama simply for who he is, not even his policies really...so much of what Obama has proposed has been undertaken by many others and even Republicans over the decades. Ohhhhhh good one. You and Scott must be working on these zingers together to come up with such stinging lines -spence
"I did respond to it"

False. You said Obama was too preoccupied with the economy to deal with immigration. I said that a skilled executive can handle two things at once. I just checked that thread. You have not responded to that. Spence, if FDR can handle the Depression, the Nazis, and the Japs, all at the same time, why can't Obama handle 2 things at once?

" I'm not sure what all President Obama has done that's reached that point."

I'm sure you're not, because you won't read that in The Daily Worker or in The Huffington Post. How about this...he added $5 trillion to the debt, and still increasing annual debt by $1+ trillion annually; all that money spent, and unemployment is higher than when he took office; the real estate market hasn't recovered; he promised to cut the deficit in half in his first term; he has done exactly nothing to address social security and Medicare; gas price has doubled since he took office, and I don't know that he has a clear energy policy; the Middle East hates as as much as they ever have; he hasn't done a thing to discourage Iran; his one legislative achievement (Obamacare) is deeply unpopular in every poll I have ever seen; he hasn't kept lobbyists out of his administration, which he promised; he promised not to raise taxes on anyone making less than $250k, yet the "penalty" for not having insurance has been called a tax by his administration and the Supreme Court. He said he didn't see "red" states and "blue" states, yet he constantly says things like "Republicans have to sit in the back of the bus", and that Republican policies caused the subprime mortgage crisis.

Where am I wrong on any of that? Can you dispute any of that?

I give him kudos for killing terrorists and for deportations.

"much of country believes they were misled"

Yes, many of us feel we were misled about the war. Here's what you can't grasp...many also feel just as misled because Obama promised a lot of things that didn't happen...he promised bipartisanship, and he's as polarizing as any President I have seen. He doesn't know how to deal with those who dare to disagree with him.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:28 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:

The GOP hates President Obama simply for who he is, not even his policies really...

The difference is now the hatred has gone mainstream.

-spence
keep going Spence...you are almost there
Old 09-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #20
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Only the fringe left truly hated President Bush."

I agree. And only the radical right truly hates Obama.
So, that is you right? You've said you detest Pres. Obama.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
keep going Spence...you are almost there
Lol...he wants to say it....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 09-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #22
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Gotta luv Bronko.

" Choose Life "
Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
Bronko

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Gotta luv Bronko.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
I did respond to it, you just choose to ignore that which you don't like to read.

Failure assumes the negative end state of an objective. I'm not sure what all President Obama has done that's reached that point.

As I've stated above, much of country believes they were misled, this totally changes the dynamics of the situation.

The GOP hates President Obama simply for who he is, not even his policies really...so much of what Obama has proposed has been undertaken by many others and even Republicans over the decades.

Ohhhhhh good one. You and Scott must be working on these zingers together to come up with such stinging lines

-spence
you guys are kidding right or have an extremely limited memory? Hell, Bush was ALWAYS called Mr. Bush on the nightly news and never referred to as "president". I posted that here a bunch of times. Give me a break on Obama hatred gone mainstream. When a top news reporter resigns because of reporting manufactured info about Obama, then I'll agree.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So, that is you right? You've said you detest Pres. Obama.
However, he loves Michelle. Not as much as he loves Eva Braun, though.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

They might condemn them, the religous leaders, but they never turn them in ahead of time even though within there mosques I'd be willing to bet the Iman's know of the various plots of violence afoot.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 09-25-2012, 07:39 PM   #27
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
They might condemn them, the religous leaders, but they never turn them in ahead of time even though within there mosques I'd be willing to bet the Iman's know of the various plots of violence afoot.
So where was the good church when Birmingham etc were piddling little kids?

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
So where was the good church when Birmingham etc were piddling little kids?
So does this mean that you agree with Swimmers comment and you're just throwing in a bit about "the good church" for good measure?
Old 09-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #29
likwid
lobster = striper bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
So does this mean that you agree with Swimmers comment and you're just throwing in a bit about "the good church" for good measure?
I never agreed with anything, I just asked a simple question.

Ski Quicks Hole
Old 09-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid View Post
I never agreed with anything, I just asked a simple question.
Ahhh . . . your response to Swimmer has nothing to do with his post, you were just wondering what he had to say about an unrelated topic.

Good stuff.