Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Muzik

Muzik Muzik Forums - by popular request...

Old 02-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
fishbones

All I Needed to Know in Life...

I learned from old school hip hop and gangsta rap.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #2
iamskippy

Dude no way you listen to this kind of music? I'm from the Ol School myself this was a shocker, But i think you missed one brudda, banged this everyday on my way to school.

iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
fishbones

You have no idea, Skip. I listen to everything. You may have gone over the line with House of Pain, but I like the Ice Cube and Tupac. I've even quoted that Ice Cube song in a thread here in the past.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 02-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #4
iamskippy

I am diverse with music as well, but over the limit with house? please say it aint so
Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
iamskippy

Here you go bro, if you like pac, this song is deep and i think i wore out the tape and then the cd

Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

now we're talkin....

always loved these guys ....

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
iamskippy

nice job jimmy! THHHHHRRRRROOOOOWWWWWWWWBACKK's i think we need a throwback jams section
Old 02-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #8
fishbones

A couple more.

Old 02-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #9
fishbones

More

Here's one for Skippy.

Don't forget the ladies.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

I can't believe these got by the moderator. We can't type swears but we can hear it here in all it's glory. I don't listen to this genre often. Nothing ground breaking or fresh. To each his own.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshCappa View Post
. Nothing ground breaking or fresh. .
Can you explain? This has been done before?
You can be extremely critical of the type of music and hate it but the one thing early hip hop was is groundbreaking and fresh.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
iamskippy

this music might sound like crap to some people, even gross, but if you actually take the time to listen to some of the words you may even find a song you can relate to. this was a dawn of a new age.

I know its easy to immediately shut it out, but there is some heart and feeling and expression from some of these songs posted, not all of us had it easy in life, had the house the fence and the dog, instead the dumpster, stray cats and abusive family's.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:32 PM   #13
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Can you explain? This has been done before?
You can be extremely critical of the type of music and hate it but the one thing early hip hop was is groundbreaking and fresh.

Yea, you're probably right about the original hip hop being groundbreaking. Not my cup of tea though. I like funk, soul, and R&B from back in the day. IMO those brothers had real talent with lyrics and groove. I used to love that show Soul Train as a kid. From time to time I'll give a new hip hop artist a listen but I just find it repetitive in groove and rythmn. I'm not hating this thread at all, my concern was the explicit lyrics being available to some of the junior members here. Man I must be getting old!

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
fishbones

It's funny, I grew up listening to everything from Metallica, Gang Green and the Misfits to LL Cool J and Public Enemy. I still like the old rap and hip hop and even like some of the new stuff, but not as much. I also still listen to metal and punk. There are even times when I put on the Dead or Allman Bros if I'm in the mood. If a song catches my ear, I'll listen. I don't dismiss anything because it's a certain type of music, except country. And I'm even open to listening to country if I'm in the right place with the right people.