Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 04-08-2007, 05:59 AM   #1
stiff tip

alaska...help..

well, i,m finely going .... summer2008.. i,m been telling myself, before i die i,m going to alaska... know hears thing .. research.. holy chit !!!! tons n tons of info.. but has anyone gone there before on fishing trips .. i,m planing to go on or near the kenia area. want to fish for 7 to10 days at a camp ,for salmon, trout, and halbit,a do a fly in or float trip and do a rail trip inland for3 days. i,m planing to go w/ 4 to 6 men... then meet the wifes in seawed and take a cruise ship south for a wk back to portland or. about 3 wks in all.. its a trip of a life time for me!!! so i would like some imput and info from some one thats gone before... wish me luck ill need it..
stiff tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Bill L

if ChrisL doesnt see this, send him a PM, hes been a couple times I believe.. ..
Bill L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:36 AM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

stiffy

Get in touch with ChrisL. He went two years ago this summer. Said it was AWESOME. He has plenty of pics too. He went real remote!

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:41 AM   #4
niko

wow, that sounds fantastic. my wifes cousin recently bought a place near kenai, a classic case of more money than he knows what to do with. halibut, salmon, giant cod - that will be amazing. good luck, paul
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Don't feed the bears

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Send a pm or email to Dave (Relentlesscharters)
He lived up there 4 years

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #7
Uncle Matt

That's one of my dream trips as well Dave. Someday I'll do the same thing. I'd love to spend a week chasing barn doors and leapfrogging from one remote pond to another. Until then I'll have to live through other peoples trips.

"Love is like a snowmobile racing across the tundra then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
Matt Groening, Life In Hell
Uncle Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:58 AM   #8
stiff tip

i need a reason to live... and this will do it for a while....the choices are unbleavable.... i love it....fishing for 2 wks ... and a cruise back
stiff tip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 AM   #9
Flaptail

Do they have Tarpon there? No? Forget it. Need warmth, tropic breezes and a 100 pound plus fish on my ten weight.

Or maybe a Rooster or two on plugging tackle.

Sorry bud I won't be making that trip but I know you want to go and catch a real Steelhead and they grow big up there.

Do you know how Eskimo women warm cold feet?

Why even try.........
Flaptail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:52 AM   #10
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaptail View Post

Do you know how Eskimo women warm cold feet?

How?

Stifftip, Ive been to juneau to visit family and fished with a friend of theirs on a small boat for halibut. I cant give you any recommendations, but what i can say is that it is by far the most beautiful place i have ever been to in my life. Take mountains of new hampshire, throw in a few glaciers and drag them east to the coast of Maine, increase the tree size by 2 or 3 times, throw in a few billion bald eagles and you got alaska.

Halibut fishing did nothing for me.. we were catching 3o maybe 35 lb halibut on the same setup you would use for wireline.. 350 feet of water, 32 ounce bullet heads with gloobs of bait. When you hooked one it was like reeling in a tree stump. Salmon is where its at.
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote