Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-03-2016, 06:50 PM   #91
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This is a silly remark. Look at past presidents who have been regarded as successful and take inventory of their faults...
Do you vet your kids babysitters with that same rationale.....meh, they all have their faults.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-03-2016, 11:45 PM   #92
detbuch

Quote:
This is a silly remark. Look at past presidents who have been regarded as successful and take inventory of their faults...
As you said: "There are varying degrees of everything." Getting a BJ in the oval office is not as disqualifying as a pattern of failed foreign policy decisions and wrong choices such as using the personal server. Nor are getting BJ's an indication of Presidential incompetence.

The proper time to take inventory of faults is before voting, not after one has already served.

But you don't even admit she has displayed serious faults. You choose to color them by seemingly harmless euphemisms such as not "the best thing to do."
Old 07-04-2016, 07:50 AM   #93
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Do you vet your kids babysitters with that same rationale.....meh, they all have their faults.
What can happen if they wear condoms?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 07-04-2016, 08:28 AM   #94
Fly Rod

Quote:
I don't get this. You're communicating with people electronically. There will be a record of it somewhere...if the intent was to hide emails you'd never mix work and personal.

Not everybody knows their deleted emails R out there some place floating around and the princess(hillary) is one of them....yes people do mix work and personals, they do it on FB.... and people R sometimes fired....

"When its not about money,it's all about money."...
Old 07-04-2016, 10:30 AM   #95
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
But you don't even admit she has displayed serious faults. You choose to color them by seemingly harmless euphemisms such as not "the best thing to do."
I've never said she's perfect, but I think he accomplishments far outweigh her flaws, even more so considering the alternatives.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #96
detbuch

Quote:
I've never said she's perfect,

There you go again. The euphemistic way of hinting that she has little to no important flaw, even though her flaws are major as well as deadly and occurred while in political office.

but I think her accomplishments far outweigh her flaws,

That is ridiculous. But even if it were true, no matter if she had some nice accomplishments, her major incompetence in an important political office along with her chequered past and general untrustworthiness makes one wonder why she is the Democratic candidate. My guess is that her party and her followers want more of the same social disintegration, economic bankruptcy, and weak responses to real foreign threats to our existence.

even more so considering the alternatives.[/QUOTE]

Her demonstrated inability to properly execute leadership of the most powerful nation on earth has no alternative who is less dangerous than she is. As flawed as Trump is, he does not have the influence in his party to lead it into the same fiscal, social, and existential chaos that Hillary and her ultra-Progressive cohorts have in the Democrat Party.

And though both he and Hilary are narcissists, his is the classic personally self-centered kind which is less dangerous than the moral narcissism of Hilary, and of Progressives in general. His narcissism allows him to be flexible in things other than himself. Hers will not allow her to bend from Progressive ideology because it has become who she is and is the driving force of her narcissism, of her self love.

And, most importantly for me, The judges she would nominate for the Supreme Court, as well as the lower courts, would devastate the Constitution even more than has already been done.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-05-2016 at 08:04 AM..
Old 07-04-2016, 02:55 PM   #97
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Our sitters certainly do have faults, doesn't disqualify them from service.
Old 07-04-2016, 03:09 PM   #98
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
That is ridiculous. But even if it were true, no matter if she had some nice accomplishments, her major incompetence in an important political office along with her chequered past and general untrustworthiness makes one wonder why she is the Democratic candidate. My guess is that her party and her followers want more of the same social disintegration, economic bankruptcy, and weak responses to real foreign threats to our existence.
She's the democratic candidate because she's the most qualified and has the passion to serve the people. Her resume is substantial to say the least. Nobody in positions of consequence has a perfect record, there's just too much that's out of your control, you have to look at the net...

Quote:
Her demonstrated inability to properly execute leadership of the most powerful nation on earth has no alternative who is less dangerous than she is. As flawed as Trump is, he does not have the influence in his party to lead it into the same fiscal, social, and existential chaos that Hillary and her ultra-Progressive cohorts have in the Democrat Party.
She's never been POTUS, how can you say she's failed to "properly execute leadership of the most powerful nation on earth?'"

Quote:
And though both he and Hilary are narcissists, his is the classic personally self-centered kind which is less dangerous than the moral narcissism of Hilary, and of Progressives in general. His narcissism allows him to be flexible in things other than himself. Hers will not allow her to bend from Progressive ideology because it has become who she is and is the driving for of her narcissism, of her self love.
I'm not sure narcissist is an appropriate label for Hillary, though it's a nobrainer for Trump.

There was a great article I read a few months ago about the other story with Clinton's emails...that they revealed she was a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those she worked with...that's not the trait of a narcissist, quite the opposite.

Quote:
And, most importantly for me, The judges she would nominate for the Supreme Court, as well as the lower courts, would devastate the Constitution even more than has already been done.
Given Trump's tendency to chance positions on a whim I think you'd get a better result from Clinton...at least you know she'll nominate quality people.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #99
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, because she's eeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllll lll...

Note she wasn't even subpoenaed. There's nothing there...
your conclusion is there is nothing there because you stated she was not even subpoenaed ? The FBI was going to if she had not come in to be interviewed(interrogated, whatever you choose to call it) on Saturday, so how can there be nothing there? It is all senseless since the people in charge have fixed things to get their way as usual.

I have concluded that Spence is playing games with you all and yes it is true that liberalism is a mental defect

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Old 07-04-2016, 04:40 PM   #100
detbuch

Quote:
She's the democratic candidate because she's the most qualified

According to the Constitution, she is no more qualified than anyone else who ran in the primaries

and has the passion to serve the people.

She has a passion to control the people. And to spend more money than we have to do it. And to act as an imperial President rather than a Constitutional one.

Her resume is substantial to say the least.

Her resume is substantially substandard politically and speckled with dubious activity in and out of politics.

Nobody in positions of consequence has a perfect record, there's just too much that's out of your control, you have to look at the net...

There is the impossible "perfect," and there is the penchant for making bad decisions. She falls in the latter category. Her desire to control is too great, and the net inadequate to disastrous.

She's never been POTUS, how can you say she's failed to "properly execute leadership of the most powerful nation on earth?'"

Her leadership as SecState was a failure in leadership for the most powerful nation on earth.

I'm not sure narcissist is an appropriate label for Hillary, though it's a nobrainer for Trump.

There are, as I pointed out and is pointed out in a new book by Simon, different kinds of narcissism. Hillary's type is the most dangerous.

There was a great article I read a few months ago about the other story with Clinton's emails...that they revealed she was a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those she worked with...that's not the trait of a narcissist, quite the opposite.

She has the trait of the moral narcissist.

Given Trump's tendency to chance positions on a whim I think
you'd get a better result from Clinton...at least you know she'll nominate quality people.
You would get far left, Progressive, anti-original Constitutional, leaning Judges. No matter what their "quality" is, the Constitution would be further degraded. And a more unlimited central government would be promoted. Trump has already named the kinds of Judges he would nominate. And they are far more in line with the Constitution.
Old 07-04-2016, 05:53 PM   #101
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #102
detbuch

Quote:

There was a great article I read a few months ago about the other story with Clinton's emails...that they revealed she was a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those she worked with...that's not the trait of a narcissist, quite the opposite..
The book I referred to regarding Hilary's narcissism is I KNOW BEST: HOW MORAL NARCISSISM IS DESTROYING OUR REPUBLIC, IF IT HASN'T ALREADY by Roger L. Simon.

Simon summarizes moral narcissism as: "Ideas and theories and ideology … that people attach themselves to to such a degree that they define themselves because they believe in those ideas. And it doesn’t matter at all if those ideas work out in the real world; it’s how those ideas work out theoretically and are approved of by the masses."

He shows how the phenomenon has grown politically, on both sides of the aisle. And he specifically pointed out in an interview that Hilary is a moral narcissist, and that Trump is not, rather that he is just the classical non-ideological narcissist. Which, in Simon's opinion, makes Trump less of a danger than Hilary because the moral narcissist identifies self with ideology. So she, being a narcissist, will not bend from that ideology which defines her no matter how evident it is that her ideas don't work. It is the steadfast love of herself as identified by her ideology, her brand of morality, that must be maintained no matter the consequences. Whereas Trump, not being a moral narcissist, not being an ideologue, can be flexible in politics and change course when it is needed.

When you say it is not the trait of a narcissist to be "a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those she worked with.." you're not understanding that a moral narcissist can be genuine and caring and responsible to those she works with, especially if they hold the same ideology, and if they help her promote her ideas. But, regardless if she's all nicey-nice, a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility toward those she worked with or not, that has no bearing on her moral narcissism. No bearing whatsoever on her steadfast loyalty to her own self-identified ideology, no matter, again, what consequences may follow.

And, besides, there are articles that show Trump to be "a genuine and caring person with a sense of responsibility of those [h]e worked with..." Does that mean he is not a narcissist. Certainly not a moral narcissist.

And further besides, there are SEVERAL articles in which she is a nasty uncaring bitch toward those she worked with.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-04-2016 at 11:33 PM..
Old 07-05-2016, 04:59 AM   #103
scottw

Quote:

She's the democratic candidate because she's the most qualified and has the passion to serve the people.
I threw up in my mouth too